Coeurls (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Feral hunters by nature, it conflicts with their humanity, resulting in what most would call savages. They view life through the lens of a hunter stalking his prey. In that respect, they make friends with goliaths and similar hunt-oriented races. They retain their feline desire to 'play' with their food, and often the hunts are dragged out for the challenge, for honor, or in case of evil ones, for sake of causing more fear.
 Physical Description
Coeurls are like some cross of man and displacer beast. They stand very tall, 6 to 7 feet, yet are very thin and wiry. Though mostly humanoid, they have feline heads, long gangly arms and two tentacles which sprout from the shoulders, which can hold (but not use) items.
Coeurls are universally dark toned, black typically, with dark blues, purples, greens, and browns also common. Very very rarely a yellow spotted one appears (if female) or blood red (if male). They are said to be paragons of their kind, though it is uncertain if this is true.
Being a predator makes relations difficult, when others look like food to you. Even if one does not ascribe to that, others often assume you intend to eat them, making them less charismatic and social than they would hope.
Chaotic Neutral is a common alignment, flighty and listening to their own desires and needs.
The deep forests and other natural areas are their natural home. Thus they make out well with elves, but find the cities stuffy and the underground constricting.
Gods of the hunt and gods of nature are common among the Coeurl, as well as gods of magic for those seeking to discover their roots.
Common and Feline. They are capable to communicating with any feline creature with an Int of 3 or greater. Common animals tend to be too dull to pick up on their communication, however.
Being close to elven lands have had them pick up elven names, but they are corrupted with a rough, growling tongue.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Str, +4 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis, −2 Cha : Flexible, cunning, and tentacles sensitive to the vibrations about them, they are prime hunters. They lack social skills however, too animalistic and feral.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Anthromorphic): Descendant from displacer beasts, they are not quite human.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, coeurls have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Coeurl base land speed is 30 ft
- Tentacles: Coeurls possess two tentacles, allowing two natural attacks dealing 1d6+Str, with a 5 ft reach. They may grasp, but not use, objects that could be lifted in one hand.
- Scent (Ex): The sensitive nose of a coeurl gives them scent out to 30 ft., allowing them to sniff out the enemy.
- Unusual Body: Due to the tentacles, coeurls must use unusual armor, doubling the mundane cost for such.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day—Displacement. Caster level is character level.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Feline. Bonus Languages: Elven, Sylvan, Gnome, Halfling, Auran.
- Favored Class: Ranger.
- Level Adjustment: +1
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||80 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 0"||+2d6||150 lb.||× (1d3) lb.|
|Female||5' 10"||+2d6||120 lb.||× (1d3) lb.|