Cecaelia (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Cecaelia tend to be a highly curious race inquisitive of anything they come across. They are however wary of strangers, and are quickly flustered by any attempts at diplomacy which they almost always view as attempts to deceive them due to a somewhat paranoid nature. Those who do manage to form an alliance with them though will have a useful ally as their inquisitive nature makes them adept at hunting for sunken treasures anywhere near their domain.
Cecaelia have the upper body of a comely human from the waist down though they have the body of eight large tentacles. Their exact appearance varies as they seem to adapt to mimic the appearance of the humans or elves living on nearby coasts. Sages think this is an adaptive trait, akin to an octopus's natural camouflage, allowing cecaelias to mutate within one to two generations to blend in with humanoids sharing their territory.Cecaelia stand 6 feet tall on land, and weigh just over 200 pounds. They generally live to be 70 years old.
Cecaelia tend to be chaotic neutral due to their somewhat primitive culture and their paranoid personality.
Cecaelia live almost exclusively in the ocean although there are some rare cases where a group will live on the coastline mingling with human societies.
Cecaelia generally worship deities of the sea although some may value other things based on their tribes particular practices.
Common, Aquan, Bonus Languages: Any
Cecaelia adopt names similar to those of humans living nearby them.
- +4 Strength, +6 Dexterity &+2 Intelligence, −2 Charisma. While not particularly bright and fairly paranoid Cecaelia are natural warriors with tentacles able to perform complex tasks and a heightened brain function when it comes to motor skills which is needed to easily use their ten limbs this has lead the to be immensely dextrous.
- "Monstrous Humanoid (Aquatic)"
- Medium: No penalties or Bonuses.
- Cecaelia: base land speed is 30 feet: swim speed 40 feet.
- Ink Cloud (Ex): Once per hour as a standard action, a cecaelia can emit a 10-foot-radius sphere of ink while underwater. This ink cloud provides total concealment and persists for 1 minute.
- Jet (Ex): The Cecaelia can swim backward as a full-round action at the 200 feet per round. It must move in a straight line while jetting, and does not provoke attacks of opportunity when it does so.
- Tentacles (Ex): A Cecaelia can use her two longest tentacles to either do slam attacks which deal 1d6 damage or to wield light or one handed weapons.
- Tentacle Senses(Ex): As a swift action while swimming and while it is not grappled or grappling, the cecaelia can spread its tentacles wide to form a sensory net around it. This grants blindsight to a range of 10 feet and lasts as long as the cecaelia concentrates. While this effect lasts, the creature cannot attack with its tentacles or move.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Aquan Bonus Languages: Any
- Favored Class: Swordsage, Ranger.
- Level Adjustment: 2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||50 years||70 years||+2d8 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5'6"||+2d8||160 lb.||× 6 lb.|
|Female||5'2"||+2d8||140 lb.||× 6 lb.|