Borutavs (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
They are outgoing guys that love,travel,exploration and new experiences.Very optimistic, even when the place or people they met is not that good, they think "the next one will be better", and then they go back to the road.They don't ask for richness, to them ownership is a heavy luggage, and all the Borutavs like to travel light.And because they know their fame is not that good, they rather to introduce themselves as halflings, a culture they have learned to love.
 Physical Description
They look like halflings,just a little bit tanned by their time under the sun, and with a pair of small wood horns growing on the top of their heads as a proof of their connection with some weird magic.Their origins are obscure but some legends say that the first Borutav was the son of a god and a halfling, another legend says that they became like that because of a curse from an evil fey.
Some communities believe that the Borutavs were made by evil savage gods of dark forests, some others communities think that the Borutavs are mythical beings that know about treasures maps, or ancient temples.And because of that Borutavs "disguise" as halflings, wearing caps that hide their horns.
Usually chaotic neutral
They live among the halflings but most of the time they travel across forests and mountains.
They revere gods of nature and traveling.
They speak Common and Halfling.Borutavs learn languages of the towns they visit, so they don't need to develop one of his own.
They use halfling names.And among Borutavs and close friends they usually add to their halfling's name the name of their ancestors with the suffix "-ic" or "-vich".
 Racial Traits
- +2 Charisma, -2 Strength : The essence of nature imbues their bodies with the gift of persuasiveness.
- Fey: Borutavs legends link their origins to a strange, odd god of nature that is no longer in this realm.
- Small: As a Small creature, a borutav gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Borutav base land speed is 20 feet
- +2 racial bonus on Listen checks : Borutavs have halfling like ears
- +2 racial bonus on Handle Animal checks : Borutavs have some kind of trick that makes their whispers really enjoyable to animals.
- Spell-Like Ability: 3/day— Detect Magic . Caster level equals to his Charisma Modifier.
- can spend his detect magic uses to cast Guidance or Speak with Animals.
- Can't use Speak with Animals more times a day than his number of class levels.
- Automatic Languages:Common and Halfling.Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Bard.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||75 years||100 years||+5d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 8"||+2d4||30 lb.||× 1 lb.|
|Female||2' 6"||+2d4||25 lb.||× 1 lb.|