Beastmind Warrior (3.5e Prestige Class)
From D&D Wiki
|Editing:||Feel free to be constructive!|
 Beastmind Warrior
A Beastmind Warrior is a psychic, but they rarely think of themselves as such. They tap into their inner bestiality, able to become as a raging bear or a swooping eagle through the power of their minds alone. Using the might of their inner beast, the Beastmind Warrior must strike a balance between control and raw power- they can access the most powerful abilities only at the expense of others, as they unleash the beast within.
Alignment: Any non-lawful
Base Attack Bonus: +6
Special: Power point reserve
|Special||Power Points per Day/Powers Known|
|1st||+0||+2||+0||+0||Wild Empathy. Beastmind Trait||-|
|2nd||+1||+3||+0||+0||Beastmind Trait||+1 level of Psychic Warrior|
|3rd||+2||+3||+1||+1||Beastmind Trait||+1 level of Psychic Warrior|
|4th||+3||+4||+1||+1||Beastmind Trait||+1 level of Psychic Warrior|
|5th||+3||+4||+1||+1||Beastmind Trait||+1 level of Psychic Warrior|
|Class Skills (2 + Int modifier per level)|
Autohypnosis, Concentration, Craft (all skills, taken individually), Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (Nature), Knowledge (Psionics), Listen, Profession, Spot, Survival
 Class Features
All the following are class features of the :
Proficiencies: the Beastmind Warrior gains no extra weapon or armour proficiencies.
Wild Empathy (Ex): Beastmind Warriors gain Wild Empathy as the Druid ability, with an effective Druid level of twice their Beastmind Warrior level. This stacks with Wild Empathy from other classes (effective Druid level cannot exceed the character's Hit Dice).
Beastmind Traits (Su:
- Bull's Hide: When psionically focused, the Beastmind Warrior gains his Wisdom modifier as an enhancement bonus to his Natural Armour, with a maximum bonus equal to his class level.
- Wolf's Bite: While psionically focused, the Beastmind Warrior gains the Trip ability, identical to a Wolf.
- Bear's Anger: To use this ability, the Beastmind Warrior must expend his psionic focus. The Beastmind Warrior enters a Rage. In a rage, a character temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Constitution, and a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, but he takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class. The increase in Constitution increases the Beastmind Warrior’s hit points by 2 points per level, but these hit points go away at the end of the rage when his Constitution score drops back to normal. (These extra hit points are not lost first the way temporary hit points are.) While raging, a Beastmind cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except for Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Ride), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can he cast spells or activate magic items that require a command word, a spell trigger (such as a wand), or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function. He can use any feat he has except Combat Expertise, item creation feats, and metamagic feats. A fit of rage lasts for a number of rounds equal to class level + the character’s (newly improved) Constitution modifier. A Beastmind Warrior may prematurely end his rage. At the end of the rage, the character loses the rage modifiers and restrictions and becomes fatigued (-2 penalty to Strength, -2 penalty to Dexterity, can’t charge or run) for the duration of the current encounter. Note that this ability will not improve with Barbarian levels.
- Imbue Claw: Any touch-range psionic power with a manifesting time of a Standard Action or faster may be channelled through a natural weapon attack- make an attack roll as normal (NOT a touch attack) and, if it hits, apply the damage of the attack and the effects of the spell. This may be used as part of an Attack or Full Attack action, with the manifesting time of the power included in the action. EDIT: This ability can only be used with hostile powers, and requires the character to expend his psionic focus. Note that this does not allow the character to channel a spell, only psionic powers.
- Woodland Stride: While psionically focused, the Beastmind Warrior may use the Trackless Step ability, identical to the Druid class feature.
- Bat's Sight: While psionically focused, the Beastmind Warrior has Blindsense in a 10ft radius.
- Climber: While psionically focused, the Beastmind Warrior has a climb speed of 10 feet/round. By expending his focus, he may increase this to his base land speed for a number of rounds equal to his Beastmind Warrior level plus his Wisdom modifier.
- Burrower: By expending his focus, the Beastmind Warrior may gain a Burrow speed equal to his base land speed for a number of rounds equal to his Beastmind Warrior level plus his Wisdom modifier.
- Amphibian:By expending his focus, the Beastmind Warrior may gain the Aquatic trait and a swim speed equal to his base land speed for a number of rounds equal to his Beastmind Warrior level plus his Wisdom modifier.
- Avian: By expending his psionic focus, the Beastmind Warrior may may gain a Fly speed equal to his base land speed (Average manoeuvrability) for a number of rounds equal to his Beastmind Warrior level plus his Wisdom modifier.
Manifesting A Beastmind Warrior gains manifesting as a Psychic Warrior after 1st level. This stacks with existing levels of psychic warrior for powers known, power points per day, manifester level and level-dependent effects, but not other class features. A character with no existing manifesting will still gain this benefit.