Anges de Rebelle (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|This page needs an image. If you are an artist, or know of any image that would fit this page, please upload a picture and add it.|
 Anges de Rebelle
Most Anges de Rebelle live as normal a life as they can, though they often find themselves performing great tasks. Nearly all of them have a secret desire to overthrow their former peers, the Anges de Cruxis, and reclaim their place in the celestial realm that was once their home. A rare few may sever their wings and disguise themselves as humans or elves, but most keep their pride as angels and their wings intact.
 Physical Description
Anges de Rebelle share some similarities with elves, having the same graceful forms and features as their fey counterparts. They even have pointed ears, though they tend to be short and stick directly out to the sides of their heads. The Anges de Rebelle have alabaster skin, giving them a sort of unearthly beauty, and while their hair is always black their eyes can be any shade of any color except pure black and pure white. They all have black feathered wings that protrude from a spot in the center of the back below their shoulder blades, the mark of their celestial heritage stained black by their rebellion. These wings are more than just a symbol of their heritage - if they are severed, the Anges de Rebelle becomes mortal until if and when they are reattatched.
Because most races in Telior think the Anges de Cruxis are the protectors and stewards of their world, they often view the Anges de Rebelle as just another form of demon. Those who know the truth about the Anges de Cruxis' oppression of the world often support the Anges de Rebelle - if they survive long enough to join forces with them. The Anges de Cruxis themselves often guide the mortal races to exterminate the Anges de Rebelle wherever they are found out of a paranoia of their reign being toppled.
Anges de Rebelle normally choose alignments within the good and neutral spectrums - they rarely want to degenerate into the fiends mortals think them as, and therefore are rarely evil.
Though they can prosper anywhere mortal life can, the Anges de Rebelle prefer to be as close to the heavens as possible due to their connection to the celestial realm they once inhabited.
Since they are beings of divine origin and were once part of the celestial rulership of Telior, the Anges de Rebelle see little use for religion. Those who attempt to blend in with the mortal races will often take a popular god as their diety and worship them in addition to giving up their immortality.
The original Anges de Rebelle are fluent in all the mortal languages, having been gods of a sort before their fall. Those born from the first generation must learn languages as any other young creature does, but all Anges de Rebelle of any age are fluent in Celestial and its higher form, Angelus.
The Anges de Rebelle choose their children's first names as most other races do, by consensus of the parents. Last names are chosen by a couple at their wedding ceremony, meaning most generations of Anges de Rebelle within the same family will have different last names that can vary wildly. Some examples are as follows:
Male Names: Remiel, Gabriel, Kratos, Yuan, Vanwel, Excelsus, Metatron.
Female Names: Colette, Raine, Mitha, Emilei, Christiana, Lyria, Lucia, Kamillia, Krysta, Xeniera, Axelene, Kyrsten.
 Racial Traits
- +1 Strength, -2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma; The Anges de Rebelle are slightly stronger, smarter, and wiser due to their immortal lifespan, but they are frail and carry a stigma in the eyes of other races.
- Outsider (Native): As angels, they are not of the mortal world, though being bound to it by their banishment has allowed them to adapt to it.
- Medium: None
- Anges de Rebelle base land speed is 40 feet: Fly (Good) 50 ft.
- Survival Instincts (Ex): Their senses having grown sharp over the years they have had to evade those who would destroy them, the Anges de Rebelle have become adept at telling and spotting lies, as well as intimidating others. They get a +2 to all Bluff, Sense Motive and Intimidate checks, and all three are class skills for them.
- Blades of Heaven (Ex): Though they have been banished for centuries, the Anges de Rebelle never lost all of their divine powers. While wielding a one-handed marital weapon that is not a sword or any weapon classified as a sword, their celestial energies allow them to bypass 1/2 their ECL of damage reduction.
- Rejection (Su): The Anges de Rebelle have learned to focus their minds to reject magical effects. Whenever the Anges de Rebelle would be targeted by a magical effect that allows a saving throw, they get two saving throws for each one normally allowed. If either the normal throw or the bonus one for that throw is successful, the saving throw is said to be successful.
- Automatic Languages: Celestial, Angelus (for first-generation Anges de Rebelle) All.Bonus Languages: All.
- Favored Class: Any except barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +4
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|-- years||-- years||-- years||Immortal years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 10"||+1d6||179 lb.||× (1d3) lb.|
|Female||5' 8"||+1d3||120 lb.||× (1d3) lb.|