Aasimar, Keran Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|This page needs an image. If you are an artist, or know of any image that would fit this page, please upload a picture and add it.|
Aasimar are created when a Karmainian or Newesti child is either blessed by a Divine while in the womb, or one of the parents was a Divine being. It only happens with Karmainians & Newesti because in their genesis they were given a link to the Gods.
Aasimar are normally charismatic as they can feel that power is within reach at all times. They are normally very egotisical because of their inborn abilities. They also get traits from their Divine parent. An Aasimar which had Dylian as a parent is more likely to be kind and generous, while on which had Jaccob as a parent would be more likely to become a sarcastic liar who tries to trick people. These traits often come with advantages and disadvantages. It is also worth taking note that an Aasimar doesn't have to take the personality traits of their divine parent, but they are more likely.
Aasimar are partly descended from human stock, and this is reflected in their physique. They are only slightly taller than human men and women on average. Each is unique as its appearance depends on its Divine Parent.
E.g. An Aasimar of Dylian will normally have larger muscles and be bigger in size then an Aasimar of Jaccob, who is more likely to be thin and appear anorexic.
When an Aasimar is young its hard to tell the difference between an Aasimar and a Karmainian. This causes many problems in Elven homes when an Aasimar is born.
Their relations with others depend on their Ancestor's. The Vithui probably would like an Aasimar descended from Electren hundred times more than a Aasimar descended from Rana.
Other people often judge an Aasimar on their parentage instead of how the Aasimar acts. Most common people tend to think that Aasimar all act exactly like their parent. These can have its upsides and downsides. An Aasimar of Dylian that steals things will probably be dismissed as a rumor. While if Undead is animated in a town basically everyone will think it was the Aasimar of Electren.
They normally have the same alignment of the Ancestor, but their are exceptions. Other Alignments are more common when an Aasimar wants to be seen in a different light to their Divine Relative. This means that any alignment is possible regardless of the Aasimar's Divine Heritage.
Aasimar live were ever they were born. They have no lands of their own commonly living with Karmainians or Newesti. With most living in Kratoa, North Karma, and Estikar.
They are paradoxically rarely religious as their ego normally stops them from seeing any reason to worship anyone else, let alone a family member.
Even if they aren't egotistical, they still aren't prone to worshiping a Divine being as they see the gods as equals.
All Aasimar are taught "Trade Tongue" and the languages of their native homeland. But they have no language of their own.
They are named like Karmainians because when they are babies it is hard to tell the difference between an Aasimar or Karmainian.
- Celestial Bloodline
- Outsider (Native)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Aasimar have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Aasimar base land speed is 30 ft.
- Divine Blood: An Aasimar must choose a deity. A bit of the Deities power is in the Aasimar's blood from birth.
- Low-Light Vision: An Aasimar can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Inborn Magic (Sp): An Aasimar must select one domain from the Deity choosen in Divine Blood Domain List. The Aasimar can choose one spell from the list that is level two or lower and cast it once per day as a spell-like ability.
- Inborn Skill: An Aasimar is very talented and gains an extra skill point at first level. They also gain one extra skill point at every level past 1st.
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass Aasimar takes an experience point penalty, her highest-level class does not count.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|62 years||93 years||125 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 7"||+2d8||90 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d8||80 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|