Half-Dwarf (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Though rare, there are times that a human may breed with a dwarf. Whether out of love, or out of a crazy drunken night at a tavern these situations lead to the outcast race known as the Half-Dwarf.
The Half-Dwarf is a proud but confused race. They are unsure why they exist. It is a common feature of being a crossbreed race. They can share the dwarves gruff personality or have the human tendency to be of any personality. They also have a grudging understanding of Half-Elves who they see as prissy and spoiled. But if raised among dwarves they become much like that parent race.
Because they are Half-Dwarf/Half-Human, they tend to be stout but have a sort of stretched out look to their limbs. They have a very Dwarven-shaped head, and the beard to boast about. They generally do not reach over 5 1/2 feet tall but are stout making them weigh about 130 pounds as much as a taller human. Their skin is very different from either parent race, however, their skin tends to be more of earth tones. Some can even have Rust Red skin.
Half-Dwarves get along with all the races that Dwarves do. They also share the same enemies. They can get along well with Half-Elves because they understand where they're coming from. Some do lose the Dwarven attitude though, if they are raised by humans.
Although their dwarven heritage does make them tend toward good more than evil and law rather than chaos, half-dwarfs have a lot of variety among them, much like humans.
As a crossbreed race, Half-Dwarves do not have lands of their own. But Sometimes they have to fight for land.
Half-Dwarves tend to worship Dwarven gods. This may be because they are trying to connect themselves with their parent race or because they were raised to worship them.
Half-Dwarves speak the language of the Dwarves and most other languages they can come in contact with. They are as versatile as humans with their tongues.
Like Dwarves, Half-Dwarves put a lot of emphasis on their family names. If from a Dwarven father they will continue the pride of the clan. If from a human father they will start their own clan with a name that suits them.
- +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma: Half-Dwarves are sturdy but also tend to be gruff and be somewhat bizarre in appearance.
- +2 Class skills at first level, and 1 additional skill point for each level after. Half-dwarves are versatile like their human parents.
- Humanoid (Dwarf).
- Medium size: Half-Dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Half-Dwarves base land speed is 30 feet. Half-Dwarves do not lose speed due to carrying a medium or heavy load, or for wearing medium or heavy armor.
- They gain a +1 racial bonus to skill checks with stone or metal, Dwarves are especially capable with stonework and metalwork this is passed down through blood to their kin.
- Darkvision: Half-Dwarves gain Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Stability: This functions exactly the same as the Dwarf ability of the same name.
- +1 racial bonus on saving throws against poison. Half-Dwarves are resistant to poison, but not as much as full dwarves.
- +1 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects. Half-Dwarves are resistant to magic, but not as much as full dwarves.
- Dwarven Blood: For all effects related to race, a Half-Dwarf is considered a Dwarf. Half-Dwarves, for example, are just as vulnerable to special effects that affect dwarves as their dwarf ancestors are, and they can use magic items that are only usable by dwarves.
- Automatic Languages: Dwarven and Common. Bonus Languages: Any. Though they tend to learn the languages of their enemies.
- Favored Class: Any.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|80 years||121 years||160 years||+6d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 4"||+2d6||125 lb.||× ½(4d10) lb.|
|Female||4' 0"||+2d6||90 lb.||× ½(4d10) lb.|