Wee'diox (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Wee'diox have a passion for knowledge surpasses even aboleths and mind flayers, and therefore are very intelligent.
Wee'diox are always contemplative, but they are rarely cold-hearted. Their passion for knowledge surpasses even that of aboleths and illithids, and they therefore they make excellent inventors. The wee'diox despise Aboleths with a passion, and, if they get the chance, go out of their way to kill every single individual in an Aboleth community. In fact, wee'diox get along with non-aberrations well, and are especially fond of Inevitables, who are in turn very friendly with the wee'diox. Because they hate the cold, wee'diox live in warm forests, though they also dislike extremely bright light. The language of the wee'diox is Koourish, a language named after their deity, Grond Koour, the deity of the endless pursuit of knowledge. Wee'diox children, who are extremely intelligent from birth, pick their own names. Wee'diox, due to their caring nature, are typically lawful neutral, but sometimes become lawful good. There has yet to be recorded a chaotic or evil wee'diox.
A wee'diox is typically about as tall as a tallfellow, and has a muscular relatively humanoid body, except for the mane of quills that run from it's head down to about mid-back and 2 pairs of small fangs where it's canine teeth would be. The weight of a wee'diox ranges from 70-105 pounds; the reason for it's weight that is abnormal for it's size is because of it quills and muscle mass.
- +4 Strength, −2 Constitution, +6 Intelligence, +8 Wisdom, −4 Charisma
- Monstrous Humanoid (Wee'diox)
- Small size. A wee'diox's size is small, which gives it a +2 bonus on Hide checks. Due to it's muscle mass, a wee'diox can lift objects as if it was a large-size creature.
- A wee'diox's quills give it a +3 natural armor bonus.
- Wee'diox base land speed is 35 feet. Additionally, it has a swim speed of 20 feet.
- Telepathy (Su): A wee'diox can communicate with any living creature with intelligence.
- Quill Katana: A wee'diox can remove one of it's quills, at the cost of half it's hit points, to make a permanent masterwork katana. This causes the creature extreme pain, and thus they prefer to only make one in a lifetime. Stealing a wee'diox's quill katana is never a wise choice because earning the ire of a single wee'diox means earning the ire of all it's tribe, who will stop at nothing to return the quill to its master.
- Automatic Languages: Koourish, Common. Bonus Languages: None.
- Favored Class: Scout.
- Level Adjustment: +2.
- ECL: 3rd.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|905 years||1,350 years||2,000 years||8,000 years|