Souled (3.5e Template)
From D&D Wiki
A creature accidentally brought back from the dead as a skeleton with it's mind intact.
A Souled's personality varies. Some are cruel and malicious, while others are kind and benevolent.
 Physical Description
Souled typically stand from 5 feet to a little over 6 feet and weigh 25 - 50 lbs. Their bones are a bright white when first created but as the years pass they turn to a dull yellow. Like normal animated skeletons they have pinpoint lights for eyes, but a Souled's may be of any color.
Souled rarely have have any interaction with other races. Most intelligent races with either try to destroy a Souled thinking them to be a normal undead skeleton. Mindless undead perceive Souled as other mindless undead and treat them as such. Intelligent undead must make a DC 20 spot check to notice when the Souled is acting uncharacteristically for a normal undead skeleton.
Souled may be of any alignment, although Good aligned Souled are rare due to the hate most good creatures have for undead. Most good aligned Souled will half heartedly attack adventurers so that the adventurers may kill them and end their undead existence.
Souled may live in any lands although they have none they call their own.
Souled may worship any deity, but those who worship good deities choose to end their existence soon after creation. Although it is rumored that Pelor has asked certain Souled to remain undead to help fight his cause from the inside.
Souled speak any language that they knew in life.
Most Souled choose to take a new name upon rebirth. Common names are: Mortir, Smrt, Kuolema, Halal, Olum.
 Racial Traits
- Same as base race, +2 dex: A creture becomes more agile due too a the lack of constricting tendons, and there replacement of negative energy.
- Gains the subtype(undead): They are reborn!
- Size: doesn't change:
- Base land speed Same as base creature, If a Souled' base creature had a fly speed in life it retains it.
- Natural attack: Gains 2 claw attacks, 1d4 melee (for medium)1d3 for small 1d6 for large.
- Souled take a -6 to all skills that include interaction w/ living cretures. Souled have a +2 to hide and move silently checks
- Automatic Languages:Common+ base creature . Bonus Languages: any (except secret languages like druidic).
- Favored Class: rogue, base creature.
- Turn Resistance +4,
- Damage reduction 5/bludgeoning, like skeletons.
- Unnatural Resilience – heals at the same rate as a living person does (i.e., based on level), though magical healing also function normally.
- Level Adjustment: +1
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|175 years||263 years||350 years||Immortal|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||20 lb.||× 1 lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||15 lb.||× 1 lb.|