SRD Talk:Summon Nature's Ally I
From D&D Wiki
 Messed Up Links
the sumaon natures ally table needs to be fixed, i think that you cant have a link in a link, wich may cause the problem. i cant fix it since it is edit blocked. Zau 16:57, 19 July 2008 (MDT)
- Your observation was right, fix'd! -- Eiji 17:31, 19 July 2008 (MDT)
 Summoning Specifically
I am curious how the game mechanics work for what I want. I have had a specific Elemental encounter my party previously. Is there a way to summon a specific outsider? Kind of like a Raise Dead spell or something...except they are living. The Elemental actually was a halfling that took the prestige class turining him into an elemental. If he is banished back to the Plane of Air. Can he be summoned back? How does would that work?
- There are two ways to play this, one if you're the DM, and one if you are the player:
- As DM: Roll 7d6; ignore result. Exclaim "Hey, would you look at that...". Bring back whomever you want.
- As Player: I don't know of any hard and fast printed rules for summoning creatures, but our party has always been able to summon "that one elemental from before", assuming he was willing (like a paladin's mount). Granted, this will only work for the duration of the spell, and may not work for a creature who was banished (ask your DM if Summoning is right for you).
- Also, this question might be better suited as a Discussion forum question. --Badger 19:53, 28 July 2010 (UTC)