Quickmind Halflings (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Quickmind Halflings are much like other halflings. They are about the same height, yet often weigh a little less due to their longer legs and shorter torsos. A Quickmind halfling is otherwise hard to classify. Apart from their physical similarities, Quickmind Halflings often have very little in common with one another. Each one picks his own path in life, whatever it may be. Sometimes capricious, Quickminds are also quick to bond with others of a like mind, but due to the nature of the race, this happens more often those of other bloodlines than another Quickmind. Two alike Quickminds, however will often bond imediately, within a few moments of meeting
Quickmind Halflings, due to their incredible variations, will always find a slot in society, even of another race. They can be found anywhere, from Elven forests to Human cities and even Orc villages.
Personalities also vary wildly, so Quickmind Halflings can be found with any alignment.
No one knows where the Quickmind Halflings originated, as each wanders around as they see fit.
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Strength. Quickmind Halflings are quite physically similar to other Halflings
- Small: +1 size bonus to AC, +1 size bonus on attack rolls, +4 size bonus on Hide checks.
- Quickmind Halflings base land speed is 30ft. The legs of Quickmind Halflings are longer than those of other subraces, and they naturally walk faster as well. This combinations means they can easily keep up with humans and similar races
- Quickmind Halfings gain the Bonus Feat "Able Learner" at first level. Despite not being human, they do benefit from it. If, however, they have below 13 INT, they do not gain the benefit until 13 INT is reached.
- Quickmind Halflings have a +2 racial bonus to Bluff, Dimplomacy, Move Silently and Listen. Quickmind Halflings often have to placate hostile people in order to join their familial, tribal or national group.
- Automatic Languages: Common.
- Bonus Languages: Any. Quickmind Halfings are quick to learn
- Favored Class: Any.
- Quickmind Halflings do not benefit from Halflings usual +1 bonus to all saves and +2 morale bonus against fear effects, nor do any Halfing racial bonuses apply.
|20+ years||+1d6||+1d4, 1d6||+1d4, 2d6|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||75 years||100 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3'00"||+2d4||27 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||2'8"||+2d4||25 lb.||× (1) lb.|