Na'vi (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Na’vi treat nature with respect and take only what they need. They live to take care of each other and their homes.
Na’vi are between 10 and 11 feet tall. They have blue skin with a spotted bio-luminescent pattern and a three feet long tail. Their ears are cat shaped and the nose is feline as well. All Na’vi have a long braid (about 4 feet) with tentacles inside. The tentacles act as natural links that are used to commune with nature. They favor mid back length hair to short hair length depending on the person and gender.
Despite the Na’vi's strength and size, they are thin with lanky arms and legs.
The only clothing they normally wear is a loin cloth, both genders. Decorative beads, bone and other natural items are among the Na'vi native dress.
Na’vi treat forest dwelling races like elves as friends, and are hostile with those that destroy nature. Druids and Rangers, regardless of race, are welcome as friends.
Being creatures of the nature, Na'vi are most usually true neutral.
They live on their own prime material plane, which others call Pandora.
Otherwise Na'vi are known to survive in several different types of warm eviroments. Prefering warm tropical, temperate, wasteland, and desert eviroments over Boreal and Artic, the Na'vi commune with the nature to survive. Desert and Wasteland Na'vi are majority nomadic and use horses to hunt and scavenge. In Tropical enviroments that mirror Pandora's main climate, the Na'vi flourish. With their natural ability to commune with nature, the Na'vi feel at home when surrounded by it.
Na'vi worship Eywa, a nature and creation goddess. Instead of Clerics, they have Shamans that are the spiritual leaders and the voice of Eywa for the Na'vi.
Na'vi possess their own native language and can communicate with the animals of Pandora by literally plugging their hair braid into the creature's nervous system.
Female: Tseza, Teikxa, Retxa, Kelsä, Txurrak
Male: Tzeso, Plltsak, Terriran, Sezo, Txswak
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -4 Intelligence
- Humanoid (Reptilian).
- Racial Hit Dice: A Na'vi begins with two levels of Humanoid. Which provides 2d8+(Con. modifer x2) hit points, a base attack bonus of +1, one feat and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2.
- Racial Skills: A Na'vi's humanoid levels gives it skill points equal to 5x(2+Int. modifier, minimum 1)
- Large size: –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Base Land Speed: 40 ft., 30ft. climb speed
- Low-Light Vision
- Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Na'vi retain their Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if they are caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, they still lose their Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.
- Evasion (Ex): The Na'vi can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If she makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the Na'vi is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless Na'vi does not gain the benefit of evasion.
- Racial Skills: class skills are Climb, Craft, Handle Animal, Jump, Listen, Ride and Spot.
- Racial Feats: Na'vi get Endurance as a bonus feat.
- Hair tentacles: Na’vi can use the tentacles at the end of their braids to link with nature to get a “empathic feel” of any threats to nature. In a dense forest area, the “empathic feel” has a range of up to 1 mile. Na’vi can use also them to mentally link with animals native to Pandora and control them.
- Illiteracy: Na'vi do not automatically know how to read and write. A Na'vi may spend 2 skill points to gain the ability to read and write all languages he is able to speak.
- Automatic Languages: Na'vi and Common Bonus Languages: Elven, Draconic, and Sylvan
- Favored Class: Ranger.
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|46 years||80 years||100 years||+4d10 years|
|Male/Female||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||8' 11"||+3d12"||150 lb.||(x3d6) lb.|
|Female||8' 9"||+3d12"||145 lb.||(x3d6) lb.|