Humans, Al Bhed (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Al Bhed are technologically advanced Nomads who are considered adults at a young age, and learn all about building machines, and even how to pilot the Airships they are known to build.
The Al Bhed tend to be very outwardly expressive of their emotions, which can make them seem childish, or eccentric at times. They also have a deep interest in technology and various forms of machinery, and are willing to go out of their way to find some form of technology to tinker with.
The Al Bhed look almost identical to humans, and can even be confused for a normal human if you don't look into their eyes. They have uniquely swirled pupils. Also, All Al Bhed have tanned skin, and usually possess blond hair.
As a reclusive race that hides away, and their openly reject any religious teachings, the Al Bhed don't have many allies. usually they make friends with a town or two because of their skill with creating machines, and building airships, which make life easier for the towns.
Al Bhed can be any alignment.
The Al Bhed prefer to live in deserts, building large cities in the center of large deserts.
Most Al Bhed refuse to follow any Deities, and simply go without religion. Some Al Bhed that are raised away from the Desert cities, around many people who follow various deities, tend to follow whatever deity is most commonly followed.
The Al Bhed have a language that uses the common alphabet. The language is quite complicated, and it takes years to learn.
The Al Bhed's names are just like the names of normal humans.
- +2 Intelligence, +2 Dexterity, −2 Charisma, −2 Strength: The Al Bhed are able to think quickly on their feet, and are nimble to boot, but their lack of interaction with other cities, and their dependence on technology has caused them to become weaker.
- Humanoid (Human)
- Medium: As medium creatures, Al Bhed gain no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Al Bhed base land speed is 30 feet
- +4 Racial Bonus to all Disguise and Bluff checks when pretending to be a normal human.
- +2 Racial Bonus to all Knowledge (Engineering) checks.
- +2 Racial Bonus to all Profession (Pilot) checks.
- Automatic Languages: Al Bhed, Common. Bonus Languages: Any (Except Hidden).
- Favored Class: Rogue
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||80 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|