Fey (Tears of Smoke version) (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Despite the fact that human record decribes fey as being wildly emotional, this is rarely the case. Fey are usually cold and calculating, at least until a situation arises that erouses their interest. Fey are usually very quiet among humans and rarely prefer to be the center of attention, instead choosing to shadow their lesser peers.
Fey tend to be around 4 1/2 to 5 feet tall and despite a slender build, they tend to weigh over 180 pounds, with female growing taller and weighing heavier than males. Coloration depends on the environment a fey lives in: fey from the north have dark brown or black hair and dark, weatherbeaten skin, while southern fey have dark blonde to black hair and lighter sun-bronzed skin. All fey share the following characteristics: high foreheads, sharp teeth, and strange lupine eyes. Fey found on the Material plane usually make heavy use of cosmetics such as hair dye.
Fey get along well with humanoids due to their unusually powerful pheromones, although humanoids who aren't affected by them often have a negative attitude towards fey due to their bestial appearance and strange demeanor. Those few outsiders who actually interact with the fey usually keep them at arms length because they see them as competition.
Fey are always at least some form of neutral, with northerners being more slightly more lawful due to the militaristic rule of the Se'lyy, while the southern hunter-gatherers have become more wild and chaotic.
Until recently the fey existed only on their home plane, known as Faerie by humans. Faerie is very similar to the Material Plane except that every aspect in enhanced: perpetually stormy seas, lifeless tundras, great forests, endless savannahs and fetid swamps. Faerie has a unique effect on Material creatures: It causes a sort of euphoria which makes everything seem...better: colors are brighter, smells and tastes are stronger and time seems to flow slowly. So far certain investigators have been able to determine that this is caused by a mixture of longer days, lower gravity and the pollen of certain indigenous plants.
Although hundreds of fey clans wander the plane, only three can be described as having any real authority.
The Se'lyy dwell in the barren tundra of the north. This faction is ruled by Queen (this is a human title) Raequin, a tyrannical necromancer known for assembling the first standing army on Faerie, she rules her domain with an iron fist, demanding that every citizen serve the in military.
The Una-Se'lyy are nomadic hunters who stalk the savannahs and forests of the south. They are loosely ruled by Queen Ilfesbili, a savage who demands a yearly blood tithe from every clan in her domain.
The Paenshrae are a secretive organization dedicated to Gxe'ex, a form of Truenaming that stems mainly from bardic music abilites. Paenshrae believe that every creature and object has two unique songs: San'as'ashiel or the Lifesong, and Cziliscored or the Doomsong. Paenshrae have generally been exterminated whereever they are found, due to this philosphy.
The fey find the concept of deities amusing, to say the least. A fey will go out his way to snub and ridicule clerics and other divine spellcasters, proven wrong. The closest thing the fey have to a deities are the queens of the Se'lyy and Una-Sey'lyy.
The fey have nearly as many tongues as they do names, as each clan has its' own unique dialect. The three main languages are Relthas, Noskit and Gr'tusk, each one belonging to a specific faction: Se'lyy, Una-Se'lyy and Jaenshrae, respectively.
Each individual fey has at least ten names apiece (although most have many, many more), stemming from the race's taboo about letting others know their true name. A fey generally changes names once it has made some change in its life, be it a change of occupation, change of mate or incurring the wrath of a more powerful fey. Fey names do not add honorifics or family names, they just choose whatever sounds good.
Sample names: Drannard Shrake, Dyc'li Rach, Nlashia, Leiram, Ahshola Neltex'ix'in Wred
- +4 Charisma, +2 Constitution: Fey are are often very attractive and need to be in excellent health to survive the elements of their world.
- Fey (Extraplanar)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Fey have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Fey base land speed is 50 feet.
- Darkvision 60 feet.
- Pheromones (Ex): Fey have extremely strong pheromones which can be used to manipulate other creatures. Pheromones must be inhaled (Fort Dc 10+ the fey's hit dice to negate), after which the fey may use any of the following on that creature:
- Charm Monster
A fey may also use the following on its self (only creatures affected by pheromones can perceive effect):
Effected creatures may make any saves as normal to negate these effects. Each use has a caster level equal to the fey's character level.
- Natural Attacks: Fey gain a bite that deals 1d4 points of damage plus 1/2 the fey's Strength bonus and 2 claw attacks that deal 1d6 points of damage plus strength modifier.
- Extremely Primitive: Fey take a -4 penalty on all attack and damage rolls made with martial or exotic weapons. A fey may spend 2 skill points every five levels to reduce the penalty by 1.
- Scent (Ex): Fey have the scent ability.
- Hidden Name: Fey have a +10 bonus on all Truenaming checks.
- No Ethereal Signature: Fey cannot become fully ethereal.
- Racial Hit Dice: A fey begins with five levels of fey, which provide 5d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +1, Ref +4, and Will +4.
- +2 Natural Armor bonus.
- Racial Skills: A fey’s fey levels give it skill points equal to 8 × (6 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Bluff, Hide, Knowledge (nature), Listen, Move Silently, Perform, and Spot. Satyrs have a +4 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Perform, and Spot checks.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A fey is automatically proficient with all simple weapons.
- Racial Feats: A fey’s fey levels give it two feats. A fey receives Run as a bonus feat.
- Automatic Languages: Relthas, Noskit or Gr'tusk. Bonus Languages: any clan dialect.
- Favored Class: Scout
- Level Adjustment: +2