Elves, Variant2 Drow (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
This is an optional variant of the official Drow rules, for players that want to play drow without the +2 Level Adjustment. If you use these rules, they replace the existing drow rules.
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Constitution.
- Humanoid (Elf)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Drow have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Drow base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Darkvision out to 120 feet.
- Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds drow for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
- Weapon Proficiency: Drow receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the Rapier, Hand Crossbow and the Short Sword
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. A Drow who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- Automatic Languages: Undercommon, Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Drow Sign, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Females:Cleric, Males:Wizard. A multiclass Drow's Cleric or wizard class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: + 0
Favored class: Females: Cleric, Males: Wizard
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|175 years*||263 years*||350 years*||+4d% years*|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 4"||+2d6||85 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 6"||+2d6||80 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|