Deku Scrub (The Legend of Zelda Race)
From D&D Wiki
Deku Scrubs are a reclusive society, shunning contact with many of the other races. They are generally bad-tempered, preferring to spit their seeds at anyone and talk later. The only people they truly respect are other scrubs.
Deku Scrubs are short plants with smooth, burnished skin and glowing orange eyes. The leaves on their heads range from golden yellow to dark green. Skin color ranges from the grayish-brown tint of birch to the reddish tinge of redwood trees to a dark, lacquered coloration.
Deku Scrubs are typically hostile towards other races, and only allow only certain Scrubs into the Deku Palace at any given time. It seems as though they may have at one point held an unstable peace with the monkeys of the Southern Swamp and the Kokiri of the Lost Woods.
Deku Scrubs, given their reclusive nature and total dislike of other races and their affairs, are usually neutral.
Deku Scrubs live in the Lost Woods and the Southern Swamp, where they attack any and all interlopers. Recently, with Ganondorf's rise to power, several Scrubs in Hyrule have thrown in their lot with him, harassing the Kokiri from inside the Great Deku Tree.
Deku Scrubs worship the Great Deku Tree.
Deku Scrubs speak Ancient Hyrulean, a language long dead save for those who still remember its existence.
Deku, Dekki, Decci, Deppi
- +2 Wisdom, +2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma; Deku Scrubs are precise shots and wise with their reclusion, but are socially inept.
- Small Size; As a Small creature, a Deku Scrub gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Deku Scrub base land speed is 20 feet. They also have a burrow speed of 20 feet.
- Seed Spit (Ex): Deku Scrubs can spit a large seed at their opponents as a standard action. The seed has a range increment of 20 feet and deals 1d8 points of damage. A Deku Scrub must wait 1d4 rounds to fire again after spitting its seeds.
- Automatic Languages: Hyrulean, Ancient Hyrulean Bonus Languages: Any
- Favored Class: Barbarian Gestalt; A Deku Scrub's favored Gestalt usually involves a Barbarian in some way.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|100 years||150 years||200 years||+3d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3'0"||+2d4||40 lb.||× 1 lb.|
|Female||2'10"||+2d4||35 lb.||× 1 lb.|
Koroks appear to be nothing more than child-sized seeds with a leafy mask for their face and a sprout on their hethawing up to four leaves that allows them to fly. Koroks are more fun loving people then the Deku Shrubs. They get along with most races and they enjoy the simple things in life like a good song, or a gentle breeze.
Koroks speak Common and Sylvan.
Korok Traits (Ex):
- -4 Strength, +2 dexterity, +2 Charisma.
- Plant Type
- Size: Tiny, as a tiny creature, Korok gain +2 size bonus on armor class, +8 to their hide checks, but must use smaller weapons then humans do. Thier carrying capacity is also six-quarters of a Medium sized character.
- Base Land Speed: 5 ft
- Fly speed: 30 feet (Good); a Korok can use the leaves on the sprout atop their head to rotate fast enough to give it flight. Spinning the leaves is a move equivalent action that provokes attacks of opportunity.
- +5 racial bonus on Perform (Strings) checks.
- Favored Class: Bard Gestalt; A Korok's gestalt usually has "Bard" as one of its components.
- Level Adjustment: +1