Anime Girl Alternative (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
regular games, and may affect overall
balance and gameplay. Take caution
when using this material.
|Status:||Copy from origonal.|
This anime girl is an alternative to the joke class Anime Girl (3.5e Class).
- Created the Anime girl alternative. Because I wanted to add an Anime girl to my campaign, as a character that all people could play. I have sometimes random people join my campaign. So giving them the anime girl is a great option. It did need some adjustments for this.
- The wizard type is a bit more powerful.
- You can change costumes at any time (if you are not visible by male characters), but a limit amount of times per day.
- Added "Against all odds" ability, to reflect the ability of important anime characters inability to die.
- Added tentacle loving ability, and moved tentacle susceptibility to level 1
- ... Feel free to add/adjust to your own. (please update this history if you do)
Making an Anime Girl
Thanks to the introduction of Japanese animation onto our shores, the role of females in adventure scenarios has been challenged. No longer is she a glamorous damsel in distress to be rescued, but is she now just comic relief? Will she be the over-emotional wet noodle or the tough Sarah Connor type with the rock-hard boobs? No need for that, because an anime girl can be whatever she wants to be. That can be an asset to the party.
An anime girl may not seem to be the most desirable adventuring companion, seeing as she's "just a girl". Not so: anime girls are magnets for trouble in the form of monsters and plot hooks. Depending on the anime girl path chosen, she may be active or passive during combat. If you survive your adventure with an anime girl regardless, you'll likely be swimming in loot and experience points... and you'll have made a new friend. What's not to like?
Abilities: Charisma is an anime girl's chief attribute, due to her being cute and full of life. her charisma score also powers some of her abilities in her class paths. Dexterity and Constitution are important for extra hit points and bonuses to Armor Class.
Races: Only female characters may become anime girls – for obvious reasons. Humanoid races that suffer Charisma penalties are not allowed.
Alignment: Any non-evil.
Starting Gold: 2d4x10 gp (35 gp).
Starting Age: Simple
|1st||+0||+0||+2||+2||Cosplay Henshin, brightly-colored hair, poisonous cooking, wouldn't hit a girl, tentacle susceptibility|
|3rd||+2||+1||+3||+3||Distracted by the Skin|
|4th||+3||+1||+4||+4||Cosplay Bonus I|
|5th||+3||+1||+4||+4||Charming, Tentacle loving|
|7th||+5||+2||+5||+5||Against all odds|
|8th||+6/+1||+2||+6||+6||Cosplay Bonus II|
|12th||+9/+4||+4||+8||+8||Cosplay Bonus III|
|16th||+12/+7/+2||+5||+10||+10||Cosplay Bonus IV|
|20th||+15/+10/+5||+6||+12||+12||Cosplay Bonus V|
Class Skills 4 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Anime girls are proficient with simple weapons and whatever weapons their class path allows. Anime girls are proficient with light armor and whatever armors their class path allows.
Cosplay Henshin (Su): Anime girls can be whatever they want to be. Magician, spy, amazonian princess--you name it, she can do it through the power of costume play, also known as "cosplay". The anime girl can choose between a warrior-type, a magic-using type or a catgirl (you knew it was coming). She can transform into this form a number of times per day equal to 3 + Charisma modifier. This ability lasts 2 hours, granting a competence bonus equal to 1/2 the anime girl's class level to Bluff and Disguise (rounded down). Each form has different benefits, as listed below. The anime girl can change into a costume when she has the cosplay custome with her. Changing into the cosplay costume requires a full round action during combat, and she is not allowed to be visible by any male characters during her change (you perverts!).
Tentacle Susceptibility: An anime girl is automatically shaken by and loses her armor bonus against creatures that have tentacles.
Poisonous Cooking (Ex): Anime girls may be cute, but their cooking needs work. If ever an anime girl needs to make a Profession (cook) check, she automatically takes a -4 penalty. If the dice roll is less than 5, the food can be used as a poison with similar statistics to arsenic (primary damage 1 Con, secondary damage 1d8 Con). The Ingestion DC of the poison is equal to 10 + 1/2 anime girl's class level. An anime girl cannot be poisoned by her own cooking; she has immunity due to tasting as she cooked.
Wouldn't Hit a Girl (Su): Anime girls can depend on their natural cuteness to deflect potential harm. She can roll a d20 and add her Charisma modifier with a bonus equal to her anime girl level. The result is the DC for the enemy's Will save. If the creature fails, he cannot attack the anime girl for a number of rounds equal to 1d4 + anime girl's Charisma modifier. If it succeeds, the targeted creature may attack as normal and may not be affected for 24 hours. She may use this ability 3 + character level times per day. This is a mind-affecting, language-dependent ability.
Hammerspace (Su): At 2nd level, an anime girl can pull whatever weapons or belongings she needs, seemingly from thin air. In actuality, a thin layer of dimensional space rests within the recessed spaces (armpits, cleavage, butt crack, clothing folds, etc.) of the anime girl called Hammerspace, allowing her to hold her maximum load without any encumbrance or use of a carrying device. This works in a similar manner to the extra-dimensional storage spaces listed in the Dungeon Master's Guide (particularly concerning putting one extra-dimensional storage item inside of another), except uncovered piercing or slashing objects do not penetrate or destroy Hammerspace.
Distracted by the Skin (Su): At 3rd level, an anime girl can channel her natural good looks into a barrier of protection. Distantly related to Wouldn't Hit a Girl, she can transfer a number of points equal to her Charisma bonus to her Armor Class (minimum 1) once per combat encounter. This lasts a number of rounds equal to 3 + the anime girl's Charisma modifier.
Cosplay Bonus (Su): While using Cosplay, an anime girl gains a bonus based on her class level at 4th level and every four levels after (8th, 12th, etc.) The bonus is different for each type of cosplay at each level. These bonuses do not cross over with each other; they stack with the last Cosplay Bonus.
Charming (Su): At 5th level, an anime girl can cast charm person as a caster of her class level 2/day. At 9th level, she gains hold person 2/day/ At 13th level, she gains dominate person 2/day. At 17th level, she gains hold person, mass 2/day. These are all treated as spell-like abilities.
Tentacle loving: At 5th level, an anime girl gets only half the damage from any monster having tentacles. This due to the fact that monsters with tentacle will be softer on your sweet anime girl.
Megaton Punch (Ex): At 6th level, an anime girl can channel her hatred of a chosen target and punch them so hard, they go flying into the distance. This acts like the monstrous feat Awesome Blow, with distinct differences: the anime girl does not need to meet the prerequisites (Large size, Str 25, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush), the distance is equal to damage dealt (rounded down to the nearest 5' increment, minimum 5'), and this attack can only be done through an unarmed melee attack.
Against all odds (Ex): At 7th level, an anim girl will get an Against all odds check when she is reduced below 1 hitpoint. The check has a DC of 15 and is modified by Charisma. If she succeeds the check she has 0 hitpoints, no matter how much damage she got (even ignoring the 50 damage instant kill rule). After 1d6 turns she can stand up with 1 hitpoint again. She needs to wait atleast that amount of turns, but can wait longer if she wants to. Giving a chance to suddenly turn the battle. If she is reduced below 1 hitpoint again she can make a new check, but if this is done in the same combat she will get a -3 penalty for each time she was down.
In addition to her base proficiencies, an anime girl using warrior-type cosplay gains proficiency with any martial weapons and one exotic weapon that go best with her costume and proficiency with medium and heavy armor. Shields get in the way of the costume, so anime girls are not proficient with shields. Anime girls using warrior-type cosplay gain a skill bonus to Intimidate, Knowledge (local) and Diplomacy equal to 1/2 her anime girl level.
- Cosplay Bonus I: Gain +2 bonus on Fortitude saves and a +1 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls.
- Cosplay Bonus II: Choose Two-Weapon Fighting or Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat. You do not need to meet the prerequisites.
- Cosplay Bonus III: The anime girl may add her Charisma bonus (if any) to her melee or ranged damage.
- Cosplay Bonus IV: Gain Diehard or Improved Two-Weapon Fighting. You do not need to meet the prerequisites.
- Cosplay Bonus V: Gain greater rage ability (as the barbarian ability.) This can be used a number of times per day equal to 1 + Charisma modifier.
In addition to her base proficiencies and abilities, an anime girl using magic-type cosplay gains a skill bonus to Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the planes) and Spellcraft equal to 1/2 her anime girl level. The anime girl knows a number of spells and has a caster level equal to 2/3 her class level (rounded up, minimum 1). She cannot cast a spell whose spell lever is greater than her caster level. She may choose what type of spells she knows(arcane or divine) and which spells she knows. Once chosen, she cannot access spells from the other type until Cosplay Bonus II. She may cast a spell a number of times equal to 3 + Charisma modifier. She need not prepare her spells in advance.
- Cosplay Bonus I: Gain +2 bonus on Will saves and +1 caster level.
- Cosplay Bonus II: The anime girl may now choose between arcane and divine spells.
- Cosplay Bonus III: Choose one metamagic or item creation feat as a bonus feat. You do not need to meet the prerequisites.
- Cosplay Bonus IV: The anime girl may add her Charisma bonus to her direct damage spells (i.e., fireballs, magic missile, etc.)
- Cosplay Bonus V: Gain spell-like ability limited wish 1/month.
In addition to her base proficiencies, an anime girl using catgirl-type cosplay gains evasion and a skill bonus to Hide, Balance, Move Silently, Listen, and Spot equal to 1/2 her anime girl level (rounded down). She also gains +1 Dexterity bonus. She is proficiency with the short sword, the whip and the shuriken when in Catgirl cosplay.
- Cosplay Bonus I: Gain +2 bonus on Reflex saves and +10' movement.
- Cosplay Bonus II: Choose Mobility as a bonus feat or gain low-light vision (which is doubled if you already have it). You do not need to meet the prerequisites.
- Cosplay Bonus III: The anime girl gains sneak attack (as the rogue ability) with damage dice equal to 1/4 anime girl class level (rounded down) and +1 natural armor. [example: Busa, a 11th level anime girl following the catgirl-type cosplay, reaches level 12. Her sneak attack dice are, upon reaching 12th level, 3d6 (12÷4=3).]
- Cosplay Bonus IV: Gain improved evasion (as the rogue ability.)
- Cosplay Bonus V: Gain hide in plain sight (as the ranger ability, except it works on any terrain.)