Ancients, Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|This page needs an image. If you are an artist, or know of any image that would fit this page, please upload a picture and add it.|
Ancients are stoic race that have taken residence in ruined temples on a number of planes. They tend to bask in the history which has passed them by.
How an Ancient looks physically varies from individual to individual, however, they are usually healthy and fit. Although, such features as hair color and eye color vary immensely due to their origins. Due to their long lifespans, their physical features do not change much over the course of what may be centuries.
The social skills of Ancients are sub par to say the least. They act as they see fit without regards to any culture's norms. One may say that those who know of Ancients may call them a loner race.
Ancients come in a variety of alignments depending on the energies of which they originated from.
Forgotten temples on the material plane serve as homes for many Ancients, however, they do take refuge on other planes.
Ancients do not worship any Gods or such. They may view them with disdain in some cases.
Common and one other language (Infernal, Abyssal, Celestial).
Ancients are traditionally named after virtues and sins.
- +4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +3 Constitution, -4 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma
- Outsider (Native)
- Ancient base land speed is 30 feet
- Channel Quintessence (Sp): An Ancient may choose one spell from the cleric or sorcerer/wizard list level 2 or lower. The Ancient can cast the spell a number of times per day equal to 3 minus the spell's level. The Ancient's caster level is equal to their hit dice.
- Energy Variant (Ex): When an Ancient comes into existence, they associate themselves with an energy type and dissociate themselves with others. For every energy vulnerability they gain, they may choose an energy type to which they gain immunity to; they may choose to enhance their association with an energy type they have already chosen. If they do this, that specific energy type is treated as positive energy is to normal humans. (e.g. An Ancient is vulnerable to cold and fire, but has the ability to absorb electricity damage. This feature must be chosen at character creation and may not be changed thereafter.)
- Ambiguous Aura (Su): An Ancient gives off an aura of both an evil and good cleric of a level equal to his total hit dice. If the Ancient is more good than evil, their aura will seem to be more blue than red and vice-versa.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Infernal/Celestial/Abyssal (Choose one). Bonus Languages: Infernal, Celestial, Abyssal, Terran, Aquan, Ignana, Auran.
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: 0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|500 years||1000 years||1500 years||5000 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 6"||+2d6||125 lb.||× (4) lb.|
|Female||5' 3"||+2d4||100 lb.||× (2) lb.|