Visigani (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
In most respects the Visigani appear to be normal humans, albeit with almost unnaturally seductive features. The women being exceptionally shapely and alluring, while the men possess sharply chiseled features, and robust frames. Though the hair and skin coloration of the Visigani run the same as their human counterparts, the Visigani are also found to possess bright pinks to deep blues and purples, lime greens, and a host of colors that would seem uncanny in your common human. Further, even those shades humans find natural are somehow more lustrous and vibrant, with eyes slightly larger and hair noticeably thicker.
The Visigani tend to favor the company of humans, elves, gnomes and halflings among the common races. They tolerate Dwarves and Half-Orcs. As Visigani are a widely dispersed race they find Humans, and Halflings to be the racial groups they encounter most. The Visigani share the Elves love of magic, and enjoy the beauty created by Gnomish Illusionists. Unlike other races, the Visigani have little love for material wealth and though they respect the effort put forth by Dwarven Craftsmen, they're far too utilitarian to genuinely appreciate many of the finest Dwarven works. The Half-Orcs are viewed with understanding and concern, the primal creatures that Orcs were descended from are ancient enemies of the Visigani.
Visigani tend toward Goodness above all other factors, and so are almost always Neutral Good.
The Visigani have no lands of their own, and seem to have no desire for them. Forever transient, only the Halflings compare in terms of innate wanderlust.
Though the Visigani revere and ask the blessing of many good deities it is almost unheard of to find a Visigani Cleric dedicated to a single faith. Instead, the Visigani are well aware they carry the eternal blessing of a long since vanished deity
Visigani speak common, and have a lilting melodic, almost magical, language of their own that no other race has been able to duplicate. Even polymorphed and shapechanging to the form of a common Vis has yieled no useful results. It seems to be a language only natural born Visigani can master.
- -2 Strength, -2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, +4 Charisma: Visigani are assured by the understanding that comes from knowing that one is blessed by the Heavens.
- Visigani base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low Light Vision: A Vis can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- +3 racial bonus on Perform checks: The confidence and natural talent of the Visigani shine through in all of their artistry.
- Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all savings throws made against Illusion, Enchantment, and Evocation spells cast by Visigani. The inner beauty and conviction of the Visigani find their way into their spell casting.
- Good Fortune (Ex): As the granted power of the Luck Domain. If the Vis has this ability from another source, such as the Luck Domain, the uses stack.
- Intuition (Ex): Diplomacy and Sense Motive are always treated as Class Skills for Visigani, regardless of class.
- Timeless Body: Visigani never take ability score penalties for aging, but still accrue bonuses. Once visigani reach adulthood they cease growing physically older and cannot be magically aged. Though Visigani are as mortal as anyone else, there is no known example of a Vis dying from old age, or even appearing middle aged.
- Torpor (Ex): Visigani are refreshed after three hours of what is commonly known as "Torpor", a state superficially similar to the Elvish Trance. However, unlike Elves, Visigani cannot be roused from their Torpor by any known means. Visigani must rest the full duration. Torpor induced by magical sleep spells last the duration of the spell, or until the effect is dispelled, and cannot otherwise be broken.
- Turn Resistance: Visigani add one third of their hitdice rounded down to a minimum of +1 as a racial bonus to resist being turned.
- Turning Susceptibility: Clerics channeling negative energy may attempt to Turn Visigani just as Clerics channeling positive energy Turn Undead. Clerics that channel positive energy have no effect on Visigani. Visigani are immune to their own Turning abilities.
- Voice of Power: Once per day, as a move action a Vis, can summon the strength of her conviction and project it through her voice when casting a spell, or turning undead. Voice of Power allows her to duplicate the effects of the still spell, heighten spell, or empower spell metamagic feats while casting a spell without an increase in spell level or casting time. If the Vis elects to use Voice of Power while Turning Undead, or a similar ability she adds one third her hit dice rounded down to a minimum of +1 to all involved checks, such as turning check and turning damage. Voice of Power induces a spiritual malaise that duplicates the effects of exhaustion but cannot be cured by mortal means, only Torpor.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Visigani. Bonus Languages:Any. Visigani families have been known to wander far and wide, to different planes and beneath the earth. There's no telling the languages they might teach their children.
- Favored Class: Cleric. A multiclass Visigani's Cleric levels do not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing. Visigani possess a spiritual connection that few others can duplicate.
|35 years||188 years||350 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5'0"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4'3"||+2d10||95 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|