Vampeal (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|“||I thirst but not just for blood I require blood of a particular palette, like a fine wine that has been aged for centuries it must be sweet and potent||”|
Vampeals are one of the most ancient of races to have come into existence. When man came into being the vampeals took pity on the lowly creatures and tried to teach them about etiquette and magic. The Humans were amazed and horrified when they found that their new allies drank the blood of their foes the Vampeals assured them that they only drank of their enemies and that this was not necessary to sustaining life. However as time has proven mans lust for power caused them to turn on their new found allies and a bloody war raged for centuries.As the humans began experimenting on the bodies of fallen vampeals the Vampiric disease began to spread throughout humanity and with this new found "power" the humans pushed back the vampeals to the brink of extinction or so they thought. It was not hard for the vampeals to realize they were out numbered so they quietly slipped away into the dark annuals of history.
Vampeals are generally very courteous to any one they meet whether they be friend or foe. They do not tend to trust anyone until that person proves themselves trustworthy or at least a valuable asset to the cause whatever it maybe. They detest the taste of blood from mortal creatures and adore the blood of immortals. How a vampeal comes to obtain this coveted immortal's blood is solely up to his/her discretion.Which has lead to some conflicts seeing as they themselves are immortal.
Vampeals are humanoid creatures closely resembling humans/elves. They traditionally have blood red irises and silver hair although some abnormalities among the race have led to different hair and eye colors. They are stronger and faster than average humans starting from birth they appear to be in their early twenties thought some have been around since the dawn of time. When in true form the entirely of their eyes glow a blood red, their fangs become visible and they gain Dark-Vision and Raven's WIngs.
Vampeals hate vampires with a passion because the disgusting creatures have no dignity and will feed on human blood. Other wise the deep wounds humanity has left in the back of their minds leads them to distrust humans more than other races. Vampeals traditionally do not travel together however some remnants of the old Vampealen kingdoms do exist.
Traditionally Neutral but can be Any
Since their downfall vampeals have remained scattered however some communities exist within Society
Vampeals Have no particular interest in worshiping Deities however some have adopted Human/Elven Gods as their own
Vampeals speak common, and Abyssal
- +6 Strength +6 Dexterity +4 Charisma +4 Intelligence +4 Wisdom +2 Constitution:
- SRD:Outsider (native):
- Vampeal base land speed is 50 feet:
- True Form: 2d6 Bite
- True Form: Additional +4 Strength +4 Dexterity -6 Charisma +6 Constitution
- True Form: Raven Wings 70ft (perfect maneuverability)
- True Form: Darkvision
- True Form: 3d6 Claws
- True Form: My World: Once a day, while in True Form, a Vampeal may use My World. My World is a time stop ability that allows the Vampeal to preform 5 consecutive Full Round Actions, however each action will result in a stacking -1 to all attack rolls, (Ex. at the 5th acton -5 to attack roll). There are multiple ways that My World can end, 1: All 5 actions are used, 2: The Vampeal ends it, and 3: Everything that the Vampeal considered an enemy is dead. After the use of My World the vampeal will be left vulnerable for a certain number of rounds after preforming up to 3 actions. 1-2 actions: no penalty, 3rd action: the vampeal must rest for one round and is considered flat-footed, 4th action: the vampeal must rest for two rounds and is considered flat-footed, 5th action: the vampeal must rest for three rounds and is considered flat-footed, and will have the -5 for two rounds afterward, if My World ends with all enemies dead, no matter how many actions the Vampeal made they will suffer no penalty. Additionally the Vampeal may bring an ally into My World, but at the cost of an action, the ally will be able to preform as many actions that the Vampeal has left, but with a -3 to all attack rolls while in My World.
- When a Vampeal drinks blood of any kind it nourishes their body and they heal 2d8 hit points. Immortal blood has the same effect on a vampeal as alcohol has on other races and Alcohol has no effect on them.
- Blood Craft: Can manipulate blood; living creatures get a WIll save 10+Vampeal's level.
- In the Event a Vampeal uses ability to create an object treat it as it normally would be but it is also has SRD:Vampiric Touch, Craft checks may apply at DM's discretion items made in this manner have a hardness like that of adamantine and turns back to regular blood after 20 minutes. Permanency can be applied.
- Every round, as long as the Vampeal has 1 hp less than their total health, they self heal 8 hp. Starts with caster level 5
- Automatic Languages: Common, and Abyssal . Bonus Languages: .
- Favored Class: .
- Level Adjustment: +7.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|