User:Maiovez/Overvamp (Super Vampire)
From D&D Wiki
Overvamp (Super Vampire)
Overvamps (vulgarly known as super vampires) are a rare and extremely powerful vampiric species. They were inadvertently created millennia ago, by powerful wizard who tried to create the perfect species. Overvamps are nigh-invulnerable; their tissues are extremely durable, and provide them with defense against low-level attacks, and, while not beyond pain, they can ignore most physical harm. However, their body texture is near-identical to that of mortal beings. In fact, hiding their true nature is one of the things they excel at; they possess an amazing shapeshifting ability that enables them to hide their true nature with ease. They rarely turn others, and prefer to reproduce with each other instead. While they physically mature at a nigh-identical rate to humans, their mental development is far quicker; even as newborns, their mental capacity is such, that in a few weeks after their birth they already learn how to walk, talk and read perfectly. They are born with all of their teeth and fangs, and learn very quickly how to conceal their true nature. Hybrids, while are mostly overvamps, also inherit all the beneficial traits of the other parent. As overvamps are anyway extremely powerful, and possess various abilities, it hardly matters in most cases. However, in case the other parent isn't mortal, they may inherit some additional special abilities. Born overvamps age until their prime and then stop aging. Turned overvamps that were in their middle age or older when they were turned simply stop aging. Overvamps that were turned prior to their prime still age at the regular rate for their old race until their prime, and then stop aging. Regardless of their seeming physical age, overvamps never feel the negative effects of aging.
Similarly to the base race, although they can be highly aggressive if provoked.
Overvamps are similar in appearance to their base race. However, they are very pale, their eyes are blood-red and they possess an entire set of twelve sharp, elongated fangs (in place of their incisors and canine teeth), as well as sharp claws. They can hide their vampiric features using their shapeshifting ability.
Evil overvamps (who are thankfully very rare) treat sapient races as food. Good overvamps sometimes feed on non-sapient races instead of sapient ones. In addition, most overvamps, regardless of alignment, prefer to hide their true nature.
Any. However, due to the circumstances of their creation, evil overvamps are very rare.
Simialrly to the base race.
Simialrly to the base race.
- +50 to Strength, +30 to Dexterity, +26 to Constitution, +12 to Intelligence, +16 to Wisdom, +16 to Charisma, +2 to Comeliness. Overvamps highly surpass mortals, both physically and mentally, and are very charming and physically attractive.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Shapechanger, Vampire). Racial HDs are d20.
- Overvamp base land speed is 600 feet per round (technically, the base race's base land speed is multiplied twentyfold); they also have swimming speed and climbing speed both equal to their ground speed and flight speed (maneuverability perfect) equal to twice their ground speed.
- Damage Reduction: Overvamps have damage reduction 40/magic, epic (+6) or magic, anti-vampiric. Their natural weapons are treated as epic (+6) magical weapons for the propose of overcoming DR.
- Advanced Healing Factor: Overvamps heal extremely quickly; they have regeneration 20/magic, epic (+6), and fast healing 5, and restore 5 point of ability damage and 1 point of drained ability per round. Moreover, any defect of the senses turned overvamps had prior to being turned is mended, and born overvamps can't receive any natural defect to their senses.
- Armor Class: The base creature’s natural armor bonus improves by +20. Overvamp flesh is highly durable, affording them with defense against low-level attacks, such as small/low-velocity projectiles. However, they are not invulnerable; sufficient force can still damage their bodies. Moreover, against magic, they only have an effective natural armor bonus of +10, instead of their usual +20; despite their considerable resistance to spells, overvamps are relatively vulnerable to magical attacks.
- Heightened Senses: Overvamps possess highly acute and precise senses. They have Blindsight out to 300 feet, Blindsense out to 3000 feet, Highly Advanced Scent within 1 mile, Perfect Status Vision, micro vision and telescopic vision up to distance of 8 miles. As hemovores, they are particularly sensitive to the smell of blood and can track exposed blood by scent within 2 miles.
- Blood Hunger: Overvamps must consume blood on a regular basis in order to maintain their health. If they abstain from blood for a month, they become starved. Any kind of blood is nutrient for them, although it still has to be fresh/preserved. While they are starved, if a creature bleeds nearby, they must succeed on a Will save at DC 30, or to wildly attack the bleeding creature. Starved overvamps are permanently fatigued, and after staying starved for 4 months they become permanently exhausted. If an overvamp stays starved for a year, they fall into a catatonic state that lasts until they receive blood (though, they may remain in this state indefinitely with no further harm).
- Blood Drain: Overvamps can suck blood from a living victim or a fresh corpse from an open wound. If there isn't one, they can make one by biting it, with or without their fangs (making a successful grapple check). If they succeed, they drain blood, dealing 2d12 hit points damage each round the pin is maintained. On each such successful attack, the overvamp regains 10 hps. Any hit points they regain beyond their maximum hit points they gain as temporary hit points that last 1 day. Also, a successful use of this ability also resets the counting of the Blood Hunger.
- Natural Attacks: Natural Attacks: Overvamps have two primary claw attacks, a secondary bite attack and a secondary slam attack. Their natural attacks deal damage according to the overvamp's size as described in the table below (use these damage values only if the base creature does not have these attacks forms, or if they do but the overvamp's base value is higher).
Size Damage Fine 1d4 Diminutive 1d6 Tiny 1d8 Small 2d6 Medium 2d8 Large 4d6 Huge 4d8 Gargantuan 8d6 Colossal 8d8
- Hypnosis: Overvamps can hypnotize any being with a weaker will than their own (failing on a Will save) to do whatever they say, just by looking unto their eyes. This works like a gaze attack, except they must use a standard action, and those only looking aren’t affected. They can commend them to do anything, including kill others and even commit suicide, and their control lasts until they wish to end it. While someone is under their control, they can alter and/or erase any of their extant memories, and/or implant new, fake memories. However, their control is channeled by verbal commands; as such, their hypnotized targets must be able to hear them in order for them to command them. The ability has a range of 60 feet.
- Shapeshifting: Overvamps can assume at will the form of any creature that is lesser than a demigod. They can mimic the clothes and accessories of individuals when they assume their form, but cannot mimic such other equipment. If the assumed form doesn't normally carry equipment, any equipment they carry instead melds with the assumed form; it only reappears once they assume a form that does use it. Overvamps can their shapeshifting ability at will as a move action. While in an alternate form, overvamps lose their natural attacks, but gain the natural weapons and extraordinary special attacks of their new form, and retain their own supernatural abilities and ability scores. They can also shift between alternate forms without having to revert to their original form. They can also alter their physical features (hair color/texture, skin color, gender, etc.), grating them a +20 bonus on Disguise checks.
- Mist Form: Overvamps can transform at will into a Medium mist cloud. While in mist form, they can't speak or manipulate objects. They become weightless, retain their flight speed, and can enter a hostile creature's space and stop there. Also, if air can pass through a space, the mist can do so without squeezing, though it cannot pass through water. They also become immune to all conventional damage. If they are attacked by a magical, semi-magical or psionic harmful area effect, they must succeed in a Will save at DC equal to 20 + the caster/manifester level of the effect or they will receive half damage from the said harmful effect and, if they had failed in at least 10 points, will revert to their original form.
- Advanced Immortality:Overvamps possess unlimited lifespan and never feel the negative effects of aging, regardless of their seeming physical age. They can only be killed by beheading. They require no sleep and an extreme physical effort is required in order to tire them. They require no oxygen or sustenance (except blood), but can breathe normally, as well as consume and completely digest almost any organic substance, as well as some non-organic substances (it gives them no nutrition though).
- Revival: Overvamp souls can return to the body after death, if the overvamp's head is reattached, enabling revival. However, the head have to be reattached manually; the severed head retains no consciousness or mobility whatsoever, thus won't reattach itself even if lying just next to the body. Such a revival can only be permanently prevented by inflicting fundamental damage unto the overvamp's remains, such as shredding, disintegration or incineration. Upon the revival, the overvamp immediately begins regenerating as per their normal heling ability.
- Immunities: Overvamps are immune to all elements, nonmagical poisons and mental effects. Although they aren't immune to transmutation, they can reverse such effects at will; normally, they cannot be locked into a form. They also have Spell Resistance 40
- Advanced Adhesion: Overvamps can cling to and walk on surfaces at any angle as if gravity were directed to said surfaces, without making a Climb check. They can extend the effect to other people they touch.
- Turning: Overvamps can turn a humanoid into an overvamp by biting them with their fangs and deliberately injecting their venom into their body (the venom is only released if they so desire). The conversion is highly painful (due to the massive mutation), though also very quick; it takes only 10d4 rounds.
- Enhanced Immune System: Overvamps are immune to all diseases, including all supernatural and magical diseases. They are also immune to overvamp venom and suffer no effect whatsoever, negative or positive, when it enters their bloodstream.
- Enhanced Brain Activity: Overvamps possess enhanced brain capability and can process information far quicker and more efficiently than humans. They gain 12 times skill points per level than they should by their class, and can act thrice per round. They also have perfect photographic memory.
- Overvamps receive a +20 bonus on Athletics, Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive and Spot checks. They also receive a +10 bonus on Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Nature), and Knowledge (Religion) checks.
- Overvamps gain the feats: Alertness, Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, Deflect Arrows, Deft Hands, Diehard, Distant Shot, Dodge, Endurance, Far Shot, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Unarmed Strike, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Mobility, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Snap Reflexes, Snatch Arrows, Supreme Strength, Track, Two-Weapon Fighting and Unheard, even if the base creature does not meet their prerequisites. However, notably, born overvamps, along with overvamps who were turned as young children, do not automatically receive all these feats; rather, they slowly develop them during childhood and puberty.
- Dominant DNA: Regardless, an overvamp hybrid provides all the benefits and the abilities of both species, and only gains the weaknesses of the non-overvamp parent if those are dominant to the species. However, the overvamp half is always the dominant half, even if normally the other half is the dominant half (thus, an overvamp hybrid always have the trait Blood Hunger).
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +30
|As the basic race||+1d20||+2d20||+4d20|
Similarly to most vampiric species, overvamps grow more powerful with age, however not considerably; while a 200-year-old overvamp is more powerful than a newly-turned overvamp, the latter can still overcome the former with sufficient motivation.