User:Maiovez/Overvamp (Super Vampire)
From D&D Wiki
Overvamp (Super Vampire)
Overvamps (vulgarly known as super vampires) are a rare and extremely powerful vampiric species. They were inadvertently created millennia ago by a powerful wizard who tried to create the perfect species. Overvamps are nearly invulnerable; their tissues are extremely durable and provide them with defense against low-level attacks, and, while not beyond pain, they can ignore most physical harm. However, their body texture is near-identical to that of mortal beings. In fact, hiding their true nature is one of the things they excel at; they possess an amazing shapeshifting ability which enables them to easily conceal their true nature. They rarely turn others and prefer to reproduce with each other instead. While overvamps mature physically at a similar rate to humans, their mental development is far quicker; even as newborns, their cognitive ability is such that they typically learn how to walk, talk and read within mere weeks from their birth. They are born with all of their teeth and fangs and quickly learn how to control their abilities. Overvamps are genetically unique and unable to produce hybrid offspring with most other races; potential mates typically have to be turned. Born overvamps age up to their physical prime and then cease aging entirely, as do turned overvamps who were turned as juveniles. Conversely, turned overvamps who were turned after their physical prime simply cease aging.
Overvamps are predatory creatures and often display bestial behaviors which stand at odds with their humanoid appearance, such as hissing or growling as a sign of aggression.
Overvamps are similar to their previous race in appearance; however, they have very pale skin, blood-red irises, talonlike claws and an entire set of twelve elongated fangs (in place of their incisors and canine teeth). They can hide their vampiric features using their shapeshifting ability.
An overvamp's relationship with the humanoid races largely depends on their alignment; good and neutral ones, who sate their hunger with livestock and wild animals, generally hide their true nature, whereas evil ones usually terrorize entire regions, hunting humanoids for sport as well as nutrition.
Any. Overvamps aren't naturally inclined to any particular alignment. However, due to the circumstances of their creation, evil overvamps are very rare.
Simialrly to the base race.
Simialrly to the base race.
- +50 to Strength, +30 to Dexterity, +26 to Constitution, +12 to Intelligence, +16 to Wisdom, +16 to Charisma, +2 to Comeliness. Overvamps highly surpass mortals, both physically and mentally, and are very charming and physically attractive.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Shapechanger, Vampire). All their HDs are d20s.
- Overvamp base land speed is 600 feet per round (technically, the base race's base land speed is multiplied twentyfold); they also have swimming speed and climbing speed both equal to their ground speed and flight speed (maneuverability perfect) equal to twice their ground speed.
- Damage Reduction: Overvamps have damage reduction 40/epic (+6) or magic, anti-vampiric. Their natural weapons are treated as epic (+6) weapons for the propose of overcoming DR.
- Advanced Healing Factor: Overvamps regenerate exceedingly quickly; they have regeneration 20/epic (+6) and fast healing 5, and restore 5 point of ability damage and 1 point of drained ability per round. In addition, any defect of the senses turned overvamps had prior to being turned is mended, and born overvamps can't receive any natural defect to their senses.
- Armor Class: The base creature’s natural armor bonus improves by +20. Overvamp flesh is highly durable, affording them with defense against low-level attacks, such as small/low-velocity projectiles. However, they are not invulnerable; sufficient force can still damage their bodies. Moreover, against magic, they only have an effective natural armor bonus of +10, instead of their usual +20; despite their considerable resistance to spells, overvamps are relatively vulnerable to magical attacks.
- Heightened Senses: Overvamps possess incredibly keen and accurate senses. They have Blindsight out to 300 feet, Blindsense out to 3000 feet, Highly Advanced Scent within 1 mile and Perfect Darkvision. Also, as hemovores, Overvamps are extraordinarily sensitive to the smell of blood. An Overvamp can track exposed blood by scent within 2 miles.
- Blood Hunger: Overvamps must consume blood on a regular basis in order to maintain their health. If they abstain from blood for a month, they become starved. Any kind of blood is nutrient for them, although it still has to be fresh/preserved. While they are starved, if a creature bleeds nearby, they must succeed on a Will save at DC 30, or to wildly attack the bleeding creature. Starved overvamps are permanently fatigued, and after staying starved for 4 months they become permanently exhausted. If an overvamp stays starved for a year, they fall into a catatonic state that lasts until they receive blood (though, they may remain in this state indefinitely with no further harm).
- Blood Drain: Overvamps can suck blood from a living victim or a fresh corpse from an open wound. If there isn't one, they can make one by biting it, with or without their fangs (making a successful grapple check). If they succeed, they drain blood, dealing 2d12 hit points damage each round the pin is maintained. On each such successful attack, the overvamp regains 10 hps. Any hit points they regain beyond their maximum hit points they gain as temporary hit points that last 1 day. Also, a successful use of this ability also resets the counting of the Blood Hunger.
- Natural Attacks: Overvamps have two primary claw attacks, a secondary bite attack and a secondary slam attack. Their natural attacks deal damage according to the overvamp's size as described in the table below (use these damage values only if the base creature does not have these attacks forms, or if they do but the overvamp's base value is higher).
Size Damage Fine 1d3 Diminutive 1d4 Tiny 1d6 Small 1d8 Medium 2d6 Large 2d8 Huge 4d6 Gargantuan 4d8 Colossal 8d6
- Hypnosis: Overvamps can hypnotize any being with a weaker will than their own (failing on a Will save) to do whatever they say, just by looking unto their eyes. This works like a gaze attack, except they must use a standard action, and those only looking aren’t affected. They can commend them to do anything, including kill others and even commit suicide, and their control lasts until they wish to end it. While someone is under their control, they can alter and/or erase any of their extant memories, and/or implant new, fake memories. However, their control is channeled by verbal commands; as such, their hypnotized targets must be able to hear them in order for them to command them. The ability has a range of 60 feet.
- Shapeshifting: Overvamps can assume at will the form of any creature that is lesser than a demigod. They can mimic the clothes and accessories of individuals when they assume their form, but cannot mimic such other equipment. If the assumed form doesn't normally carry equipment, any equipment they carry instead melds with the assumed form; it only reappears once they assume a form that does use it. Overvamps can their shapeshifting ability at will as a move action. While in an alternate form, they lose their natural attacks however gain the natural weapons and extraordinary special attacks of their new form, and retain their own supernatural abilities and ability scores. Overvamps can also shift between different alternate forms without having to revert to their original form. Overvamps can also modify their physical features (hair color/texture, skin color, gender, etc.), granting them a +20 bonus on Disguise checks.
- Mist Form: Overvamps can transform at will into a Medium mist cloud. While in mist form, they can't speak or manipulate objects. They become weightless, retain their flight speed, and can enter a hostile creature's space and stop there. Also, if air can pass through a space, the mist can do so without squeezing, though it cannot pass through water; they also become immune to all conventional damage. If they are attacked by a magical, semi-magical, or psionic harmful area effect, they must succeed in a Will save at DC equal to 20 + the caster/manifester level of the effect or they receive half damage from the said harmful effect and, if they fail by at least 10 points, also revert to their original form.
- Advanced Immortality: Overvamps possess unlimited lifespan and never feel the negative effects of old age regardless of their seeming physical age. They can only be killed by beheading. They also require no sleep and an extreme physical effort is required in order to tire them. They also require no oxygen or sustenance (except blood), but can still consume and completely digest almost any organic substance, as well as some non-organic substances (it gives them no nutrition though).
- Revival: Overvamp souls can return to the body after death, if said overvamp's head is reattached, allowing for revival. However, the head has to be reattached manually by another, as it retains no consciousness or mobility whatsoever, thus won't reattach itself even if lying right next to the body. Such a revival can only be permanently prevented by inflicting fundamental damage upon the overvamp's remains, such as shredding, disintegration or incineration. Upon the revival, the overvamp immediately begins regenerating, as per their normal heling ability.
- Immunities: Overvamps are immune to all elements, nonmagical poisons and mental effects. Although they aren't immune to transmutation, they can reverse such effects at will; normally, they cannot be locked into a form. They also have Spell Resistance 40
- Adhesion: Overvamps are able to adhere to solid surfaces. This allows them to climb and walk on any solid surface, even vertically and upside down, without needing to make a Climb check. They can negate any fall simply by clinging to a surface; doing so isn't considered an action.
- Turning: Overvamps can turn a humanoid into an overvamp by biting them with their fangs and deliberately injecting their venom into their body (the venom is only released if they so desire). The conversion is highly painful (due to the massive mutation), though also very quick; it takes only 10d4 rounds.
- Enhanced Immune System: Overvamps are immune to all diseases, including all supernatural and magical diseases. They are also immune to overvamp venom and suffer no effect whatsoever, negative or positive, when it enters their bloodstream.
- Enhanced Brain Activity: Overvamps possess enhanced cognitive ability, thus can learn far quicker than ordinary humans. They receive 12 additional skill points and an additional feat per level. They also possess perfect photographic memory.
- Overvamps gain a +20 bonus on Acrobatics, Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks. They also receive a +10 bonus on Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Nature) and Knowledge (Religion) checks.
- Overvamps gain the feats: Alertness, Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, Deflect Arrows, Deft Hands, Diehard, Distant Shot, Dodge, Endurance, Far Shot, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Unarmed Strike, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Mobility, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Snap Reflexes, Snatch Arrows, Supreme Strength, Track, Two-Weapon Fighting and Unheard, even if the base creature does not meet their prerequisites. However, notably, born overvamps, along with overvamps who were turned as young children, do not automatically receive all these feats; rather, they slowly develop them during childhood and puberty.
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +30
|As the basic race||+1d20||+2d20||+4d20|
Similarly to most vampiric species, overvamps grow more powerful with age, however not considerably; while a 200-year-old overvamp is more powerful than a newly-turned overvamp, the latter can still overcome the former with sufficient motivation.