Uncrowned Undeafeated Lioness (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Uncrowned Undefeated Lioness
- 1.1 The Uncrowned Undefeated Lioness
- 1.2 Creating an Uncrowned Undefeated Lioness
- 1.3 Class Features
- 1.4 Flame magic: Calidus Brachium
- 1.5 Unarmored defense
- 1.6 Burn out
- 1.7 Grimoire receival
- 1.8 Unarmed damage increase
- 1.9 Mana Skin
- 1.10 "I'll show you what destruction looks like!"
- 1.11 Lions Paw Grasp
- 1.12 Lions Paw Swipe
- 1.13 "Female lions are the hunters in the group!"
- 1.14 Calidus Brachium Volley Shot
- 1.15 Flame Magic: Calidus Brachium Barrage
- 1.16 Flame Magic: Calidus Brachium x2
- 1.17 Flame Magic: Calidus Brachium Purgatory
- 1.18 Mana Zone
- 1.19 Mana Zone attacks
- 1.20 Magic knight captain
- 1.21 Mana Zone: full release
- 1.22 Flame magic: Spiral flame
- 1.23 Erupting Punch
- 1.24 Strongest Magic knight in the kingdom
- 1.25 Multiclassing
Uncrowned Undefeated Lioness
The Uncrowned Undefeated Lioness
This class is based on a character from Black Clover, Mereoleona Vermillion, the captain of the Crimson Lion Kings. This class is mostly a fighting class bolstered by fire magic.
Creating an Uncrowned Undefeated Lioness
- Quick Build
You can make an Uncrowned Undefeated Lioness quickly by following these suggestions. First, strength should be your highest ability score, followed by Dexterity. Second, choose the soldier background. Third, select armor cloak and robe related.
As a Uncrowned Undefeated Lioness you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Hit Dice: 1d10 per Uncrowned Undefeated Lioness level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 10 + Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d10 (or 6) + Constitution modifier per Uncrowned Undefeated Lioness level after 1st
Armor: Robes and cloaks
Saving Throws: Strength and Constitution
Skills: Choose three from either Acrobatics, Survival, Intimidation, Athletics, Arcana, and lastly nature.
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
- (a) scarf or (b) cloak/robe or (c) cape
- (a) Dungeon pack or (b) Explorers pack
- (a) Bracers or (b) Gauntlets or (c) (if you really want them)
- If you are using starting wealth, you have 10d10 x 10
|1st||+2||Royal blood, fighting style, Flame Magic: Calidus Brachium(1)|
|2nd||+2||Unarmored Defense, Burnout|
|3rd||+2||Grimoire receival, Unarmed damage increase|
|4th||+2||Ability Score Improvement|
|5th||+3||Mana Skin, extra attack(1)|
|6th||+3||"I'll show you what destruction looks like!", Flame magic: Calidus Brachium(2)|
|7th||+3||Lions Paw Grasp, lions Paw Swipe, "female lions are the hunters in the group!"|
|8th||+3||Ability Score Improvement|
|9th||+4||Calidus Brachium Volley shot(1)|
|10th||+4||Extra attack(2), Flame Magic: Calidus Brachium(3)|
|11th||+4||Flame Magic: Calidus Brachium Barrage|
|12th||+4||Ability Score Improvement|
|13th||+5||Calidus Brachium Volley Shot(2), Flame Magic: Calidus Brachium x2|
|14th||+5||Calidus Brachium Purgatory, Mana Zone|
|15th||+5||extra attack(3), Magic Knight Captain|
|16th||+5||Ability Score Improvement|
|17th||+6||Mana Zone: Full Release|
|18th||+6||Flame magic: Spiral Flame, Erupting Punch|
|19th||+6||Ability Score Improvement|
|20th||+6||Strongest Magic Knight in the Clover Kingdom, extra attack (4)|
1st Daughter of house Vermillion
Royal Blood- Having the blood of royalty along with the Vermillion family heritage grants you the following:
- You gain resistance to any fire damage although attacks that have water like properties deal more damage.
- Your base speed is 40 ft.
- After all you are royalty the "strongest" magic users in the kingdom. You gain +2 attack and damage on all magical spells/attacks.
Royal of the clover kingdom- You are a royal of the clover kingdom, as in Black Clover you default a pretty talented magic-user.
First daughter of house Vermillion- You are the first daughter in house Vermilion and the families prodigy.
Magic user in Black clover- Born magic users can regularly use magic at will, but at age 16 you get your grimoire which can hone your magic and buff it in many ways.
Age- Overall, the age is up to you, but I'd recommend 15-16 just because you can include the moment of getting your grimoire.
Ability Score Increase
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th, and 19th level. You can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
Choose one from below, these come available at level one, unless you work out something with your GM.
- Savage instinct- You gain +1 one to attack and damage rolls.
- pouncing lion- You gain +2 on your reaction rolls.
- bestial sensory- You gain +2 ac.
Flame magic: Calidus Brachium
At the 1st level, you gain the ability to harness flame magic in your fist. To unleash a devastating punch upon your foes.
- As you now gain a deeper grasp into harnessing your flame magic. Your able to make a move that pummels your opponents, it deals your unarmed damage + 1d10 fire damage. The attack knockbacks enemies 20ft.
At the 6th level, your magic has definitely gotten stronger. Ever since learning mana skin and gaining your grimoire. Flame magic Calidus Brachium in a sense has evolved.
- Your Calidus Brachium as always still does unarmed damage, now with 2d8 burning damage instead of 1d10. Now the attack knockbacks enemies 40ft.
At the 10th level, you reach the pinnacle of Calidus Brachium. After using Calidus Brachium frequently and mastering mana skin Calidus Brachium has peaked.
- As always your Calidus Brachium calculations remain the same with some buffs. Your Calidus Brachium does your unarmed + 4d6 burning damage. Now with a knockback range of 60ft.
- On the 2nd level, while you're not wearing any armor your ac becomes 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier while wearing a robe, cape, and cloak you still gain this benefit.
At the 2nd level, you also gain the ability to completely cancel out an attack. By using your flaming fists to completely engulf and extinguish a variety of attacks. Excluding attacks like a punch, but attacks like a fireball and yes a sword would be valid.
- When targeted by a valid attack. You can use a reaction or bonus action to extinguish the attack. To see whether you succeeded you'd calculate Calidus Brachium like normal. If your Calidus Brachium does more damage than the opponent's attack, their attack is nullified. If your Calidus Brachium's damage is lower, then you take half damage. If you roll a natural 20 you automatically succeed and you can send the attack back at the opponent dealing double the damage. What comes around goes around, if you roll a natural 1 you take full damage from the attack.
- Like with Calidus Brachium you can use it to burnout attacks. Now your also to use Calidus Brachium barrage as well. The same rules apply when using Calidus Brachium with burnout. Except now your able to cancel out any magic attacks involving great numbers. For example, maybe a volley of arrows was launched at you. You could use Calidus Brachium barrage to fend yourself from the arrows.
(skip the story if your character is older than 15)
- Another benefit of reaching level 3 is that you finally get your grimoire. Most importantly your character turns 15 or is 15 already, but hasn't gone to claim their grimoire. To gain said grimoire you must head to Hage village or any other place that has Grimoires (have fun with this). Then you must partake in the Grimoire acceptance ceremony. Where Grimoires all over the shelves come out and fly to chosen participants.
- Having your grimoire is a huge benefit, it is a primary source for all magic knights and mages alike. It allows the user to cast more advanced spells compared to their natural magical abilities. With a grimoire, Mana skin is now a free action and you can maintain it an equivalent of a short rest. You also gain an additional plus +2 to attack and hit on all magic-infused attacks.
Unarmed damage increase
- Along with unarmored defense at level 3, your unarmed damage increases to 1d8. Your unarmed damage increases to 1d10 at level 6, also to 1d12 at level 9, then to 1d16 at level 12, and finally 2d12 at level 15.
- At level 5 you unlock the ability to coat mana around yourself. As a bonus action, you can coat yourself in mana granting 15 dmg reduction to all attacks. Along with 25 dmg reduction to all fire-related attacks. You can also adapt to any environment hot or cold using Mana Skin. With Mana Skin, you also gain +1 to hit and attack. After all, you are reinforcing your body physically. Including a +20 to speed. To maintain Mana Skin you must roll 1d4 + con mod to see how long it last for.
- At level 10 you've probably used Mana Skin enough to use it passively and instinctively. Since you've been using such an overall power-boosting technique. You've also raised the amount of protection Mana Skin grants. Allowing you to double the amount of protection it provided before. totaling 30 dmg reduction to all attacks. Meaning 40 dmg reduction to all fire-related attacks. Alongside with a +10 in speed in mastering an overall power boosting technique.
"I'll show you what destruction looks like!"
A badass quote Mereoleona says when being looked down upon or not taken seriously.
- With this unlocked at level 6 once per fight you gain advantage to hit on any attack.
Lions Paw Grasp
At Level 7 you are able to manipulate your flames to make lion paws costing an action.
- You may attempt to grapple your opponent using your Lion paws. You can generate as many as 5. Enemies have to make a DC15 Dex save if they fail they are entrapped by your lion paws. As a bonus action, you can attempt to hit them while grappled. If so you have the advantage to hit.
Lions Paw Swipe
Along with learning to grapple opponents with your flame conjured lion paws. At Level 7 you are now able to use them for attack. By forming them on your hands.
- Using flame magic to form lion paws on your hand. This attack will be considered a 10ft DC16 Dex save if you succeed take half damage. This attack does your current Calidus Brachium damage + your current unarmed damage. This attack is considered slash damage, considering your performing a swiping action.
"Female lions are the hunters in the group!"
By Level 7 you start to show off more of your lioness pride. To the point where it actually benefits you passively.
- Most importantly, to activate a quoted class feature you must say the quote. As accurate as you can, nothing wrong with getting in character. (If your really that uncomfortable you don't have to).
- You now gain advantage on these certain checks and saves. Intimidation and athletics. Along with advantage to Dexterity and death saves.
- You're now a lot more careful to whom lays touch on you. You now by default always have a reaction to spare.
- You now gain a +3 to initiative and now you now have advantage to roll initiative starting at level 8.
- After all female lions are the hunters, you gain +40 to your base speed since you've been using Mana Skin. Also, your base form has heightened to the point where your Mana Skin buffs are part of your base. Essentially you have such control it's assumed you're going into battle with Mana Skin activated. Which means Mana Skin is now a free action.
Calidus Brachium Volley Shot
Realizing most of your moves consist of short-range combat at level 9 you learn a technique. Utilizing your Calidus Brachium and adding range too it.
- As you charge fire magic into your fist you can punch in front of you launching a blazing stream of fire. Dealing your current Calidus Brachium damage + 1d2 every 10 feet it travels. This attack can hit targets up to 80 feet.
You've now gotten to the point where you've improved at ranged combat. At Level 13 Calidus Brachium Volley Shot has heightened.
- Your now able to gather more fire magic. Like so you can unleash a greater devastating stream of fire.
Dealing your current Calidus Brachium damage + 1d3 every 10 feet it travels. This attack can now hit targets up to 100 feet.
Flame Magic: Calidus Brachium Barrage
After using Calidus Brachium dozens of times you know how to throw a punch. At this point, you've probably honed your body as well. Your now stronger, faster, and an overall better magic knight since you've first learned Calidus Brachium. Now you can apply your physique and Calidus Brachium to create a new attack.
At the 11th level, you've peaked Calidus Brachium and you've upped your physique. Your now able to synchronize the two to let out a flurry of death-inducing blows.
- Within an instant, you can launch dozens of flaming punches pulverizing your opponents into ash dealing 6d8 burning damage + your unarmed damage.
- This move can be used in conjunction with Mana Zone just like all your attacks can. For more info read the Mana Zone section and the written example.
Flame Magic: Calidus Brachium x2
You heard it right times two. At the 13th level, you unlock a new move simple but quite powerful. Calidus Brachium x2, It's your Calidus Brachium damage times two. While it's not stated directly that it's a times two multiplier other than the name. While Mereoleona may not be a Dragon Ball character I'm pretty sure she's capable of amping herself times two.
- By spending a turn to gather magic on your next turn. You can unleash an even stronger devastating punch. To calculate the damage you roll your Calidus Brachium damage then times it by two. Enemies hit by this move will be launched 80ft. This move can also be used in conjunction with a reaction or just a straight-up attack. To use this move as a reaction you'll have to make a DC 18 dex save. If you succeed you clash with your opponent, you hit them and they hit you. Except you were able to react fast enough to brace yourself for the attack. So you out punch them taking half damage. If you fail you still deal with the full damage except you take full damage from there attack. Showing you couldn't react fast enough to brace yourself.
Flame Magic: Calidus Brachium Purgatory
At the 14th level, by now you've finely honed your Fire magic quite well. You can use it to land devastating blows, hit opponents from afar, even envelop yourself with it, and lastly, you're able to combine all those aspects with Mana Zone. Now by combining all those elements, you can create Calidus Brachium Purgatory. In which your able to scorch your opponents. Using your raw fire output. to the point where your flames burn blue.
- This move does take another attack action to use. Meaning two attack actions, to fully perform this move. One action for the gathering, while the other is the release. Not to mention, this move can only be used twice a day. Considering this move is quite intense.
- By gathering and Surrounding yourself in fire magic you can release it around you spanning 60 feet in all directions erasing the area around you dealing 9d10.
- You can also you this attack as a way of breaking out of grappling and such. Like if someone is squeezing the life out of you or if someone entraps you in a rock sphere. To figure out if you break out your Calidus Brachium Purgatory damage has to be higher than it can absorb. If so you break free and your opponent takes half damage from it. If the move doesn't have some sort of health you automatically breakout.
-This move can be used in conjunction with Mana Zone just like all your attacks can. For more info read the Mana Zone section and the written example.
At level 14 you've honed your Mana Skin to the point where you surpass it. Meaning in Mana Zone, you also include your Mana Skin buffs. Mana Zone, a technique that far exceeds Mana Skin and is the result of Mana Skin training. With Mana Zone, you can control all the mana in an area around you to increase your spells' power and range, and to predict opponents' attacks. As a free action you can activate Mana Zone it lasts for 1d4 + your con mod. Along with Mana Zone comes with Mana Zone enhanced attacks.
- You gain +5 to attack and to hit when using Mana Zone.
- You gain 2 more reactions when using Mana Zone.
- Also, you gain advantage to roll on these two skills perception and investigation in Mana Zone.
- Your AC also shoots up by 5 in Mana Zone.
- All your moves do an additional 1d6 fire damage. All your attacks gain +20 range.
- And your speed is x2 your base speed + Mana Skin speed bonus in Mana Zone.
Mana Zone attacks
Mana Zone attacks are super powerful. As Mana Zone implies you can control all the mana in an area around you. Amplifying the power and range of your spells. You can use Mana Zone attacks as long as you are in Mana Zone yourself. When using Mana Zone attacks, your attacks gain double damage. All your attacks gain an advantage to hit, considering your attacking from anywhere in an area you control. With larger sized attacks, multiple attacks, and lastly more ranged attacks. After using a Mana Zone attack your turns remaining in Mana Zone drops by one.
For example: level 3 Calidus Brachium deals with your unarmed damage + 4d6 burning. When you're in Mana Zone this attack gets bumped up by 1d6. Since it's the same move and you're in Mana Zone, it doesn't get the bonus x2 damage because it's not a Mana Zone attack. Meaning Mana Zone attacks are an all-new attack. If you infuse Mana Zone with Calidus brachium you get Mana zone: Calidus Brachium. When you throw the punch at the opponent, other fiery fists will generate at the same time yours does. Surrounding the enemy, When you swing and hit the opponent so will the fiery fists at the same time. Impacting the opponent with much greater force and power.
Magic knight captain
At this point being level 15, your power has been respected in the Clover Kingdom. To the point where you're a candidate for Magic knight captain. You'll be able to lead over a squad of magic knights to protect the kingdom. When fighting with any other allies you and the people around you gain these buffs.
- +2 ac to you and your allies.
- You gain +3 in persuasion and proficiency in persuasion.
- You gain a permanent +2 in your Charisma score, along with proficiency in Charisma saves.
- All of your allies gain advantage to hit on their first attack.
- Once per fight, you can yell out a chant or speech to raise the morale of your group. The speech can be anything (have fun with this). This speech can make your allies attacks do 1d10 more damage, It can wake them out of unconsciousness, it can make them stand up when they're in a prone like position (or any position other than standing).
Mana Zone: full release
At level 17 is where you show your Mana Zone mastery. Just as where you surpassed Mana Skin with Mana Zone. You can now fully use Mana Zones' full potential hence the full release. Your able to do everything you can with Mana Zone. Except now it packs even more power. Because of so you can only maintain Mana Zone: full release for 1d2 + con mod. Since mastering Mana Zone and pushing it to its peak your base speed has risen. You now gain an additional +40 to your base speed. Not to mention you can withstand being in Mana Zone for 1d5 + Con mod instead of a 1d4 + Con mod.
- You gain +10 to attack and to hit when using Mana Zone.
- You gain 3 more reactions when using Mana Zone.
- Also, you gain advantage to roll on these two skills perception and investigation in Mana zone.
- Your AC also shoots up by 8 in Mana Zone.
- All your moves do an additional 1d12 fire damage. With all your attacks gaining +20 range.
- And your speed is x2 your base speed + Mana Skin in Mana Zone along with an additional +20.
- Can cancel out any environmental effects because of your overwhelming power(for example if an enemy surrounded the battlefield in snow, Mana Zone full release will melt that).
- Enemies the same level and above take 1d6 burning damage every turn cause of your blazing presence. While enemies ranging 1-5 levels below you take 1d12, enemies 6-10 levels below you take 2d8, and lastly any enemies 11 levels lower than yours or more take 3d10 burning damage per turn.
Flame magic: Spiral flame
At the 18th level, you learn a pretty basic but neat move. Mereoleona's only used this move once in the show. Heck even on the wiki's about her no one ever mentions this move in her arsenal. It makes sense because it's not exactly her style. Anyways it's a pretty typical cylinder-like fire move. It's nothing to OP, but I thought it'd be neat to include.
- You've had enough experience in the fire industry to learn an attack like this. You gather fire magic into your palms and project it out launching a horizontal fire hurricane from your hands. Dealing 3d12 fire damage along with range up to 30ft, the opposing side has to roll a DC Dex save of 16. To free themselves from the spiral flame. After initial damage and impact the spiral flame travels up to 30 ft till the opponent can get free. If not the enemy takes 1d6 fire damage every 5 feet moved till totaling 30 feet.
At level 18 you unlock another unique move. This is also a move Mereoleona's only used once. Like the last move, I find it pretty unique. So I'd thought I would include it to her class. With this move you Calidus Brachium the ground around you. Destroying the ground and creating debris of all sizes, the force of your punch launches the debris at the opponent.
- You're fully capable of packing a punch at this point. You also have Mastered Mana control to. You combine the two elements in creating this attack. You charge fire magic into your fist and slam it onto the ground. Destroying 30 feet of land around you and 60 feet of land below. With the force of your punch, you channel mana around the debris and launch it at your opponent. Dealing 8d3 for small debris, 5d6 for medium-sized debris, and lastly for large debris it deals 3d18. The opponent will have to make three Dex saves. For smaller debris they'll do a DC Dex save of 18, for medium they'll have to make a DC dex save of 16, and for large debris, they'll have to make a DC dex save of 14. If they succeed they dodge, if they don't they take full damage.
Strongest Magic knight in the kingdom
After being born in the Clover Kingdom as a noble and member of house Vermilion. You were born as the family prodigy, so you were already destined for greatness. Even more so after tapping into your dormant magical power. The ability to wield fire magic despite the element of fire is quite common in the kingdom. You trained to become the strongest because people respect power. You ended up doing so by leaving the kingdom and its cruel government system. So you went out and bathed in the natural mana held by nature. At the age of 16, you end up getting your grimoire which leads to you tapping into your fire magic. Turning the basic fire element into something special. Learning spells of destruction and sheer power that overpowers all others. You end up growing even stronger and so you learn the basic Mana Skin. You then take it a step farther and learn the rare and powerful mana controlling technique, Mana Zone. A technique only a few select mages can perform. You quickly rose the ranks becoming a Magic Knight Captain. Easily placing you in the rankings for one of the strongest magic knights in the kingdom. Time passes by and you master Mana Zone reaching a new level being able to use its full power hence the full release. You also pick up a few more techniques along your journey. More time passes and your overall power grows exponentially leaving you at the top of the totem pole. As the strongest magic knight in the Clover Kingdom.
- You now gain advantage on all saving throws and another default reaction representing your physique and composure.
- Once per day you automatically gain the first attack along with an additional +30 to your base showcasing your speed and ferocity.
- When enemies are below 20% of there health if any of your attacks are nat 20s. You end up landing the finishing blow instantly killing them no matter what. Proving the overwhelming power you have.
Prerequisites. To qualify for multiclassing into The Uncrowned Undefeated Lioness class, you must meet these prerequisites: 15 str, 15 dex, and lastly 15 con. You must also be able to use and control magic more specifically fire magic. For the last step you must create a scenario where you get a grimoire.
Proficiencies. When you multiclass into The Uncrowned Undefeated Lioness class, you gain the following proficiencies: You gain resistance to all fire like attacks, and you gain the classes saving throws.