Tiefling Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The young tiefling is a broiling bundle of hyperactivity and explosive outbursts of emotion whereas the older tieflings are reserved as they have seen the cruelties of the world.
The tiefling is a relatively short humanoid standing at 5'6 on average. They have dark purple to light red skin and their eyes are almost always an unnatural color such as pink, yellow, or black. Their skin a fair like other elves but they have the ability to grow body and facial hair, which is often white and thick. They all carry the markers that they were once descended from the unlikely pairing of Elf and Demon. These markers often manifest as stubby horns, vestigial tails, and bony ridges along their ventral planes.
Before the separation of the Teifling from their homeland, they had little to no contact with creatures of other races and, as such, are wary of those they come across. Tieflings are often mistrusted by other races because of their demonic heritage even though they are somewhat ill-deserving of such a predisposition. As far as interpersonal relations go, Tieflings are unfortunately very bad at making long term friendships as their emotions, much like their reflexes, are heightened to a superhuman level. They fear making friendships with creatures of another race because it is likely they will outlive their friends and are subject to the feeling of great loss, but they tend to attempt to fight past this urge to remain a lone wolf as they often crave intimacy and friendship. They are unable to produce offspring with any race other than a Tiefling but, despite this, can be very promiscuous with many different races, as their fiend background gives them an element of "hot-bloodedness" which may show itself in the form of passionate recreational intercourse. Tieflings do not usually adhere to traditional heterosexual values and are almost always gay or bisexual.
While there are tieflings from all walks of life and every path that can be tread has been by at-least one tiefling, they tend towards the lawful alignment.
Since their separation, the tiefling have never felt truly comfortable in any one place and, to compensate, are usually on the move as much as they can be. Some tieflings may prefer to settle down and take up residence in some town or other.
The tiefling hold no religion to be the one of their race and may worship any number of gods.
Tieflings speak Common and Infernal, plus any more languages they may choose to learn, being a very intelligent race.
Tieflings are named in a similar way to Elves.
- +2 Dexterity -2 Charisma: Tieflings are fast creatures who rely on their unnatural reflexes to keep them alive in combat. Due to their Demonic appearance, they are often distrusted.
- Humanoid (Elf)
- Medium As Medium creatures, Tieflings have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Tiefling base land speed is 30 ft.
- Low-Light Vision A Tiefling can see twice as a far as a human in Starlight, Moonlight, Torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination.
- +2 racial bonus to Listen and Spot checks. Furthermore, a Tiefling which passes within (5×Wis Bonus) ft. of anything extra-planar in nature is entitled to a search check to detect it.
- Automatic Languages: Common Bonus Languages: Elven, Dwarven, Gnomish, Draconic, Abyssal.
- Favored Class: Ranger or Fighter.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|150 years||225 years||300 years||+2d& years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 2"||+2d6||90 lb.||10 × (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 10"||+2d6||80 lb.||10 × (1d6) lb.|