Theylan (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Theylan are the attempted creation of the perfect creature by the Machine God, in that idea they are not cogs and gears but well adapted sythetic organisms existing on the plane of Mechanus and the material plane.
Theylans are usually friendly to others, like the Inevitables of Machanus Theylan's possess an Intelligence score and can think, learn, and remember.
Replica of a human/elven body (exterior)(interior synthetic organs). Bones made of choice metal at creation Adamant, Iron, Steel, Mithril, (Proteum at Machine Gods discretion). Theylans can smell, taste, and feel just as a normal creature can, and their blood is white instead of red.
Kind to all races but will fight back if threatened. They have an oddly placed respect for gnomes due to their Technological nature. Theylans are capable of mating with other living organisms however they cannot reach conception due to the fact they they lack the fertilization capability or the area to house an infant, however the sensation is all the same.
Chaotic Neutral, Theylan alignment revolves around where their feelings take them they are not slaves and may freely choose how they wish to act.
If not guarding the palace of the Machine God on Machanus they are mostly found in large cities on the material plane.
Due to the fact that they are machines they have no religion, other than their creator the Machine God.
Common human/elven names.
- Natural Weapons: concealed 5d6 Serrated Claws on each arm.
- +4 Strength, +4 Intelligence +4 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, +4 Wisdom
- Natural Armor +8
- Theylans are considered to have DR(15-)/physical vs any metal with a hardness score lower than that which they are made of, including shots fired out of a firearm of bow. Wood, non-metal natural weapons, and non magically enhanced unarmed attacks do no damage at all. Theylans start made of steel and can be reforged by a masterwork level craftsmen competent with auto-mail.
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, and stunning.
- Fast Healing (Su): Theylan gain fast healing 5d4 per round.
- Able to cast Disguise Self at will as a free action takes 1 round to complete Disguise per encounter
- Theylan base land speed is 50 feet.
- Theylan's due to metal bones are not capable of swimming they simply sink.
- Darkvision 60 feet and Low Light Lision 120 feet.
- Does not age.
- When a Theylan reaches 0 hit points they shutdown and unless their Greater Mechanus Core (3.5e Equipment) is destroyed they will repair 20 hitpoints of damage after 1 hour shutdown.
- A Theylan has a +4 racial bonus on Disguise, Gather Information, and Sense Motive checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Abbysal, and it is simple for Theylans to learn new languages.
- Favored Class: Knight of the Brazen Cog
- Level Adjustment +4
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5'10"||+2d10||200 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||5'5"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|