|The Church of Ariandel, across the rope bridge.
The Painted World
Once, long ago, when the mighty souls of Gods ruled over the kingdom of Lordran, a grand painting was created, and it hung in a beautiful cathedral. It depicted an old, rickety bridge that led up to a snowy peak, atop which sat a crumbling, decrepit, fortress-like structure. It's painter, Ariamis, created it as a home for the forelorn, where it housed devout followers of Velka, a crossbreed of dragon and human alike, and even an ancient dragon, one of the last of its kind. Now, after being restored to glory by Ariandel seemingly centuries later, it has been reduced to nothing but a single, crumbling scrap of canvas that is worth nothing compared to the magnum opus it once was. Now, within the freezing world, resides a selfish tyrant from the outside world, a species of crow-like humanoid abominations, groups of wanderers without homes, and the young, white-haired crossbreed that will one day paint the next world.
Based off of The Painted World of Ariandel from Dark Souls III.
Campaign Setting Information
- A quick look at how classes fit into the world and what roles they commonly find themselves in. Intended as a partial supplement for existing player's handbook information.
- Various gear, goods, equipment, and magical items made available to characters.
- Supplemental information on spells and enchantments, as well as the nature, uses, and practices of magic.
- Descriptions of how the various races of the outside world figure into the society of The Painted World.
- An examination of how the locals worship the Painter and his Mistress.
The Painted World
- An examination of the monsters and beasts in The Painted World.
- The World & Locales
- The frozen tundra of The Painted World and the settlements within it.
- A swift, broad history of The Painted World.
- A few of the more sane forsaken residents of The Painted World.
Dungeon Master's Guide
- A general explanation of The Painted World and the general world building mindset, along with various outside resources and examples to use as references in developing a campaign or understanding the world.
- Variant Rules
- Optional rules for DMs to implement while playing a campaign in The Painted World.
- Adventures & Tables
- Ideas for quests, dungeons, campaigns and conflicts. Also tables for random encounters and other things.
- Will be added to as random ideas occur to me.
- Adding to The Painted World
- A page for submitting ideas, advice and anecdotes from your campaigns for the development of The Painted World.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Campaign Settings