Tayledras (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
They tend to stay on the neutral side of all things, but personalities very as with humans.
They have the appearance of humans generally with slightly pointed ears and an unearthly grace to them. However living with node magic bleaches their hair and eyes and by the time they are adults their hair tends to be silver white to snow white and their eyes lighten to a crystal blue or pale gold. Scouts and hunters, or those that don't deal directly with the the node tend to dye their hair natural colors to help them blend into the forests of their Vale.
They don't trust other races naturally as they destroy the natural flow of node magic. They rarely trade with Elves. It is rare for one to be away from their Clan, but it happens every so often that they get a higher calling and leave the Vale. Often to go to another or help the natural world, or assist a small village with a magical beast.
Often Neutral. Never evil.
They shield off thousands of acres of land and call it a Vale. Vales are warded and guarded fiercely. Vales is where they build their homes in trees, and the trees in the vale can grow hundreds of feet tall. Inside the Vale is always late spring weather, no matter the season outside of the ward.
They tend to worship the Star-Eyed, or four faced god and goddess. Or any goddess that deals with nature, magic, life and death.
They have their own language, and rarely communicate with the outside world, they are protected within their vales. However they do know Elven and Sylvan and their own Tayledras.
They have Nest-names or use-names at birth, and when they are old enough they can choose their own names that often they keep until a major event or change happens in their life. Notable names are Firesong, Dawnfire, Winddance, Starwind. All Tayledras take on their clan name as their last name as an honor to their clan. Some notable clan names k'Vala k'Chona k'Treva Many more exist.
- +10 DEX, +4 CON, +6 INT, +6 WIS, +4 CHA - Tayledras are archers and magical in nature
- Humanoid, Fey
- Tayledras base land speed is 40 feet: they can move through difficult terrain in forests without penalty.
- Darkvision 120 ft.
- +10 to Hide, Move Silent, and Survival when in a forest, these are always class skills.
- Read Magic and Detect Magic at will.
- Spells: Tayledras are natural spell casters, even the ungifted can cast basic spells. Spell casting ability is INT, they are treated as the casting ability of a wizard at 1/2 HD rounded down, min of 1, they can cast a number of spells a day equal to their INT Bonus. They can learn any spell on any list so long as its not evil or necromancy.
- Gifts: Normal Tayledras has 1 or more Gifts being connected with Node Magic. MindSpeech, FarSight, ForeSight, Healing, MageGift, Fetching. MindSpeech is the ability to talk to another by thoughts this is an at will free action ability, FarSight is the ability to see far away by entering a trance 3 rounds minimum, this ability can span many distances. ForeSight is the ability to see danger before it happens, always being first on initiative and a +2 on saves. Healing is the gift to heal, you always do max healing when casting a healing spell. Fetching is the ability to call an object to your hand, freely call any item weighing your light load divided by 10. If the item is attended like a sword or coin pouch oppose strength checks. MageGift, this is only useful if you are a caster, it increases your Spell DC saves by your BAB, and you can cast extra spells per spell level equal to your casting ability Bonus.
- BondBirds: Tayledras gains a single bird of prey, Owl, Faclon, Hawk, Raven, Kites, Osprey as an Animal Familiar, Wizard level is Character level for determining abilities of Familiar, often they can grow larger than normal birds of their kind, and like their bonded, their feathers bleach white, scouts and hunters dye their Bondbird's feathers.
- Cold Iron: Tayledras are vulnerable to Cold Iron weapons, taking an additional 1d6 points of damage.
- -5 to social skills dealing with others not Tayledras
- Automatic Languages: Elven, Sylvan, Tayledras. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Druid, Ranger, Mage.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|200 years||600 years||1000 years||+2d100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5'9"||+2d6 inches||190 lb.||+ × (2d6) lb.|
|Female||5'2"||+2d6||130 lb.||+ × (2d6) lb.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races [[Category:<!-race's type-> Type]] [[Category:<!-race's subtype; or remove line-> Subtype]] [[Category:<!-race's size-> Size]] [[Category:LA<!-#->]] [[Category:ECL<!-#->]]