Talk:Vampyre (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
this class is still a working progress but feel free to message me for any cool features you have in mind
Help us, help you
As you are doing things, could you fill out the descriptions below the table? Currently your table has the features but no one knows what they do. Maybe add a description before adding another feature to the table? Something? I know it is a work in progress and this would benefit everyone, in my opinion. BigShotFancyMan (talk) 13:21, 19 November 2017 (MST)
- when i make a class i tend to make up the table and then the features its easier for me that way. alucarddragonborn
- Maybe check out another page of how someone else has done it, or Help: Portal pages. You have successfully uploaded a photo now it's formatting words to get the accrediting on par. BigShotFancyMan (talk) 13:04, 11 December 2017 (MST)
Tips/Advice & Questions/Concerns
I'm going to do my best to be polite; stop talking to yourself in your descriptions. (e.g.-vampire archetype "I know so original any way", vampire slayer "well", Bat Form "alright you made it to your first form")I get this is an open community but most people appreciate reading about the class not so much your personal thoughts or anecdotes when creating this. 2nd, format better PUH-leez. There are abilities that don't say what level and you must search the table to know when a feature is gained. I offered 3 pages on your page such as Do's and Don'ts that was deleted. I highly encourage you read these pages before continuing. I am no expert and I make mistakes every time I spend a big day on the site but blimey, a lot of issues might be resolved familiarizing yourself with those tips/advice. More details below:
- Blood Points: why dex modifier? It's unusual and I am sure someone else will change for you if you don't justify its purpose vs Int, Wis, Cha. Numerous capitalization errors. Phrasing issues as well. Not sure if enough blood points are available since there is no way to get them back outside of resting and the class relies heavily on BP to be effective.
- Vampyre Curse: What level do you get this? The table says 1, true? "If you end your turn in sunlight or running water you take 10 points of radiant damage" typical (almost always) the type of damage comes before the word damage.
- power of the grave: What level? capitalization consistency (its not capped)
- Bats: I would treat this as summon swarm of bats. take a look at the spells that allow you to summon and use those rules. put a uses per long rest on it, maybe equal to an ability modifier.
- Undead Aura:30 feet is big for this aura. how often can this aura be created? once the duration is over can I create it again?
- Vampiric grip: capitalization consistency, seems strong too. I'd recommend a parameter of one vs smaller creatures only and advantage against same size and smaller.
- Vampyre archetype: noted above, I also won't review subclasses until the core class is polished. Sometimes core class features change and a subclass feature is obsolete so once your core class is good, I'll look at the subclasses.
- Bat form: capitalization consistency, how do I become a bat (action, bonus action)I would make all dismissing a bonus action as well.
- Dark Castle: punctuation, grammar
- Hellfire: Is Dark Inferno necessary? It isn't listed on the table and if you want a scaling feature, I'd incorporate it into the original feature.
- Blood Lust: What are the perks to making an unarmed attack? It's not proficient in them so they do 1+Str modifier damage. Its interesting to be able to move an extra half movement for free and attack I guess. Maybe others will find this balanced.
- Blood Frenzy: mimic barbarian frenzy, make an attack as a bonus (instead of getting those 3 attacks) while in this frenzy and gain a level of exhaustion when its over instead of being unconscious.
- Cloak Wings: I'd make this wings are grown that are able to be disguised as a cloak. as a bonus action you can spread them get your flying perks, that hovering stuff unnecessary.
- Dark Metmorphosis: THIS SHOULD BE LEVEL 1! or at least level 3. what kind of vampire has to wait to steal blood. could make it subclass feature that each class gets different benefit after draining/stealing the blood. If you can do this at earlier levels, Blood Lust will be much better.
- Release Restraint: lasting the encounter won't work. 1 min, 10 min, 1 hour, 1 day does. but there's no definition how long an encounter lasts so things aren't balanced when left to that duration. spell out advantage. Are you one size larger or just appear?
- Prince of Darkness: what level? I think this can be smoothed out. instead of NOTE, simply put while below 1/4 hit points. gain 2 levels exhaustion instead of unconscious.
- Transformation improvement: capitalization consistency, remove the dismiss as bonus action (if you make them all that) and increase the duration to 8 hours? make originals last 4 hours?
- Relaese Restraint:what level? If a creature has 16 con or higher this has no effect. I think this little rule would not be fun either. why must they have 16 or lower con for it to work? higher con more blood means yummy. and that's a ton of damage!!! I'd get rid of madness effect and table.
- Mind Slave: half your level + your cha modifier. what level?
- Vampiric embrace: capitalization consistency, what level? round counting isn't a 5e thing (3 turns) you can make this your wings/cloak aid in grapple giving a +2 bonus to rolls (since you already have advantage) and anyone challenging bonuses like this, they exist in the PH, and we try to avoid them. I wouldn't give instant death either (which you couldn't by removing the round counting)
- Vampyre Dragon Form: what level? how much damage for breath weapon? exhaustion instead of unconscious.
- blood dance: capitalization consistency, what level? how long does the dance last? during concentration? is that similar to spellcasting concentration or do I need to spend an action to concentrate? If so, there are those that will oppose this and say that's round counting. it might be best to make this feature have a duration without concentration.
- Release Restraint: What level? how often do I take 1d10 psychic damage? when is the first time I take the damage? having or haven't taken damage from radiant damage, remove madness, dismiss as bonus action.
- God of Darkness:from prince to god? I'd adjust the flavor text on both, not sure why the devil would be scared of 14th level character. and now a god is feared by all mortals but no mention of gods, archdevils
- I've spent the better half of my day modifying each feature. Please let me know if everything is looking good to you. There's still a lot of work to go and I would hate for this to turn into a waste if there are things you are not liking. Afterwards, there will be some features that still need balancing I am sure. I am mostly concerned getting this properly grammarized (not a word, dont' care) and fluid to read. BigShotFancyMan (talk) 13:58, 20 December 2017 (MST)
Okay, can we get the image credits correct please. "deviant art" is not a credit, it's the name of a website that hosts artist's images. You need to credit the artist and provide a link to their page.
- The first image looks like it's from a google cache, which isn't a stable link. The artist's name is in the file name: "vampire_demon__incubus__by_kingcroe9-d7rxt7h.jpg".
- The second image is from the Wizards of the Coast site - "media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/mm/mm191_blo.jpg" - not "deviant art". The clue is in the web address.
- The third image seems to be hosted on Flickr, so we need to go see who took the screenshot and credit them in addition to Bethseda (the company holds the copyright, not the game title itself)
- The fourth images is from the Castlevania wikia. They are only able to host that image through fair use, so we should provide a link to where the image is hosted. Again, credit goes to the game's publisher, not the game itself. Marasmusine (talk) 16:31, 11 December 2017 (MST)
um i using my school website server for all my pictures and they block a bunch of stuff so i cant really go onto websites because there ya know blocked is there a way to know who made the image without going on there server.alucarddragonborn
You are considered undead. How does work when I select Elf, or Dwarf or any race? This class just makes you an undead? I suggest doctoring up the history or how/why this class makes you undead. Where's the flavor for the reasoning of this. I removed the acid damage because you were already taking 10 radiant for the same thing. And are you sure you got the stake thing right? I thought you were dead if staked in the coffin? You going for something different?
The dark castle is more about using the castle lair feature things not mostly about the castle itself and i put it in thier because most dms or gms let a player have or even build a castle alucarddragonborn
Release Restraint LV.2
Can you rework this? I am reviewing it and trying to edit this into sense but it's just not happening. What purpose does a vampyre have turning part of it's body into a shadow wolf? Perhaps an improved version of another feature? BigShotFancyMan (talk) 13:59, 22 December 2017 (MST) if you whatch the hellsing anime you can see where i get it from --Alucarddragonborn (talk) 11:37, 9 January 2018 (MST)