Talk:Valkyrie (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Hey Berry, just wanna post put down comments someone mentioned and a few of my own.
- Female subclass: I think flavor and lore should give players the idea of why this is associated with females.
- level 3 feature gives benefits of a feat for wielding weapons aka free. I suggest a more unique feature and the player has the option to take Spear Mastery at level 4 if they wish. Also, it is better to explain features vs reference them. Players shouldn’t have to flip through source material to know what something is, it needs listed in the page.
- I don’t think you need to limit shield bash.
Another fighting style I think is unnecessary when fighters get two.This feature is otherwisegood on its own, no need for another fighting style.
- ive been a fan of critical hit features but gotten talked out of them a ways back. Considering other level 10 features, this improved critical may feel underwhelming and level 10 just not worth it other than getting to level 11 for the extra attack. Food for thought.
- as mentioned elsewhere, bleeding is not a damage type. Piercing is more than fitting for the type. I’d recommend a Con saving throw to avoid bleeding for 1 minute. Each round the target takes 1 point of damage from bleeding unless a healing kit or cure wounds spells is used.
- reactions need triggers such as when hit, take damage, or an ally falls unconscious. I also believe this should limited to a number of times = 1+cha mod.