Talk:Satori (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
Prerequisite: "Closed eye satori" feature
"Hiding in someone else's mind doesn't sound like a bad idea."
You take shelter in another beings perception by expending a Mind Slot. As an action, a creature you touch must make a wisdom saving throw against your Spell DC, creatures willingly targeted automatically fail the saving throw. The target must have an intelligence score of more than one. On a successful save, nothing happens. On a failure, you are now hidden from everyone elses but the target's perception. You must remain within 30ft of the targets line of sight to maintain this effect. This effect ends if the target becomes unconcious. Interacting with others than your target will reveal hints of your presence and these hints are greater to young minds or people with great imagination. Major interactions against others than your target like and attack or a spellcast that has a vocal and somatic part will end this effect. You may also end this effect at anytime yourself.
Old Satori spell list
This is the original spell list for this class i used as a reference when coming up with the satori class' perks.
Satori Spell List
You know all of the spells on the basic Satori spell list and additional spells based on your subclass.
- Mage Hand A spectral, floating hand appears at a point you choose within range.
- True Strike Your magic grants you a brief insight into the target's defenses.
- Dancing Lights You create up to four torch-sized lights within range, making them appear as torches, lanterns, or glowing orbs that hover in the air for the duration.
- Light Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet.
- Minor Illusion You create a sound or an image of an object within range that lasts for the duration.
- Mending This spell repairs a single break or tear in an object you touch, such as a broken chain link, two halves of a broken key, a torn cloak, or a leaking wineskin.
- Message You point your finger toward a creature within range and whisper a message.
- Prestidigitation This spell is a minor magical trick that novice spellcasters use for practice.
- 1st Level
- Mage Armor You touch a willing creature who isn't wearing armor, and a protective magical force surrounds it until the spell ends.
- Shield An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you.
- Fog Cloud You create a 20-foot-radius sphere of fog centered on a point within range.
- Comprehend Languages For the duration, you understand the literal meaning of any spoken language that you hear.
- Detect Magic For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you.
- Charm Person You attempt to charm a humanoid you can see within range.
- Sleep This spell sends creatures into a magical slumber.
- Color Spray A dazzling array of flashing, colored light springs from your hand.
- Disguise Self You make yourself–including your clothing, armor, weapons, and other belongings on your person–look different until the spell ends or until you use your action to dismiss it.
- Silent Image You create the image of an object, a creature, or some other visible phenomenon that is no larger than a 15-foot cube.
- Expeditious Retreat This spell allows you to move at an incredible pace.
- Feather Fall A falling creature's rate of descent slows to 60 feet per round until the spell ends.
- Jump The creature's jump distance is tripled until the spell ends.
- 2nd Level
- Misty Step Briefly surrounded by silvery mist, you teleport up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space that you can see.
- Web You conjure a mass of thick, sticky webbing at a point of your choice within range.
- See Invisibility For the duration, you see invisible creatures and objects as if they were visible, and you can see into the Ethereal Plane.
- Hold Person The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or be paralyzed for the duration.
- Suggestion You suggest a course of activity (limited to a sentence or two) and magically influence a creature you can see within range that can hear and understand you.
- Darkness Magical darkness spreads from a point you choose within range to fill a 15-foot-radius sphere for the duration.
- Gust of Wind A line of strong wind 60 feet long and 10 feet wide blasts from you in a direction you choose for the spell's duration.
- Blur Your body becomes blurred, shifting and wavering to all who can see you.
- Invisibility A creature you touch becomes invisible until the spell ends.
- Mirror Image Three illusory duplicates of yourself appear in your space.
- Blindness/Deafness You can blind or deafen a foe.
- Alter Self You assume a different form.
- Darkvision_(Spell) You touch a willing creature to grant it the ability to see in the dark.
- Enhance Ability You touch a creature and bestow upon it a magical enhancement.
- Enlarge/Reduce You cause a creature or an object you can see within range to grow larger or smaller for the duration.
- Knock A target that is held shut by a mundane lock or that is stuck or barred becomes unlocked, unstuck, or unbarred.
- Levitate One creature or object of your choice that you can see within range rises vertically, up to 20 feet, and remains suspended there for the duration.
- Spider Climb Until the spell ends, one willing creature you touch gains the ability to move up, down, and across vertical surfaces and upside down along ceilings, while leaving its hands free.
- 3th Level
- Counterspell You attempt to interrupt a creature in the process of casting a spell.
- Dispel Magic Any spell of 3rd level or lower on the target ends. For each spell of 4th level or higher on the target, make an ability check using your spellcasting ability.
- Daylight A 60-foot-radius sphere of light spreads out from a point you choose within range.
- Fear You project a phantasmal image of a creature's worst fears.
- Hypnotic Pattern You create a twisting pattern of colors that weaves through the air inside a 30-foot cube within range.
- Major Image You create the image of an object, a creature, or some other visible phenomenon that is no larger than a 20-foot cube.
- Blink On a roll of 11 or higher, you vanish from your current plane of existence and appear in the Ethereal Plane (the spell fails and the casting is wasted if you were already on that plane).
- Fly The target gains a flying speed of 60 feet for the duration.
- Gaseous Form You transform a willing creature you touch, along with everything it's wearing and carrying, into a misty cloud for the duration.
- Haste Until the spell ends, the target's speed is doubled, it gains a +2 bonus to AC, it has advantage on Dexterity saving throws, and it gains an additional action on each of its turns.
- Slow You alter time around up to six creatures of your choice in a 40-foot cube within range.
- Water Breathing This spell grants up to ten willing creatures you can see within range the ability to breathe underwater until the spell ends.
- Water Walk This spell grants the ability to move across any liquid surface–such as water, acid, mud, snow, quicksand, or lava–as if it were harmless solid ground (creatures crossing molten lava can still take damage from the heat).
- 4th Level
- Locate Creature Describe or name a creature that is familiar to you. You sense the direction to the creature's location, as long as that creature is within 1,000 feet of you. If the creature is moving, you know the direction of its movement.
- Confusion This spell assaults and twists creatures' minds, spawning delusions and provoking uncontrolled action.
- Dominate Beast You attempt to beguile a beast that you can see within range.
- Greater Invisibility You or a creature you touch becomes invisible until the spell ends.
- Hallucinatory Terrain You make natural terrain in a 150-foot cube in range look, sound, and smell like some other sort of natural terrain.
- Phantasmal Killer You tap into the nightmares of a creature you can see within range and create an illusory manifestation of its deepest fears, visible only to that creature.
- 5th Level
- Contact_Other_Plane You mentally contact a demigod, the spirit of a long-dead sage, or some other mysterious entity from another plane.
- Legend Lore Name or describe a person, place, or object. The spell brings to your mind a brief summary of the significant lore about the thing you named.
- Scrying You can see and hear a particular creature you choose that is on the same plane of existence as you.
- Telepathic Bond You forge a telepathic link among up to eight willing creatures of your choice within range, psychically linking each creature to all the others for the duration.
- Dominate Person You attempt to beguile a humanoid that you can see within range.
- Geas You place a magical command on a creature that you can see within range, forcing it to carry out some service or refrain from some action or course of activity as you decide.
- Hold Monster The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or be paralyzed for the duration.
- Modify Memory You attempt to reshape another creature's memories.
- Wall of Force An invisible wall of force springs into existence at a point you choose within range.
- Seeming This spell allows you to change the appearance of any number of creatures that you can see within range.
- Dream This spell shapes a creature's dreams.
- Mislead You become invisible at the same time that an illusory double of you appears where you are standing.
- Passwall A passage appears at a point of your choice that you can see on a wooden, plaster, or stone surface (such as a wall, a ceiling, or a floor) within range, and lasts for the duration.
- Telekinesis You gain the ability to move or manipulate creatures or objects by thought.
- 6th Level
- True Seeing This spell gives the willing creature you touch the ability to see things as they actually are.
- Irresistible Dance The target begins a comic dance in place: shuffling, tapping its feet, and capering for the duration.
- Mass Suggestion You suggest a course of activity (limited to a sentence or two) and magically influence up to twelve creatures of your choice that you can see within range and that can hear and understand you.
- Programmed Illusion You create an illusion of an object, a creature, or some other visible phenomenon within range that activates when a specific condition occurs.
- 7th Level
- Teleport This spell instantly transports you and up to eight willing creatures of your choice that you can see within range, or a single object that you can see within range, to a destination you select.
- Forcecage An immobile, invisible, cube-shaped prison composed of magical force springs into existence around an area you choose within range.
- Prismatic Spray Eight multicolored rays of light flash from your hand.
- Mirage Arcane You make terrain in an area up to 1 mile square look, sound, smell, and even feel like some other sort of terrain.
- Project Image You create an illusory copy of yourself that lasts for the duration.
- Simulacrum You shape an illusory duplicate of one beast or humanoid that is within range for the entire casting time of the spell.
- Etherealness You step into the border regions of the Ethereal Plane, in the area where it overlaps with your current plane.
- Sequester By means of this spell, a willing creature or an object can be hidden away, safe from detection for the duration.
- 8th Level
- Mind Blank Until the spell ends, one willing creature you touch is immune to psychic damage, any effect that would sense its emotions or read its thoughts, divination spells, and the charmed condition.
- Demiplane You create a shadowy door on a flat solid surface that you can see within range.
- Maze You banish a creature that you can see within range into a labyrinthine demiplane.
- Antipathy/Sympathy This spell attracts or repels creatures of your choice.
- Dominate Monster You attempt to beguile a creature that you can see within range.
- Feeblemind You blast the mind of a creature that you can see within range, attempting to shatter its intellect and personality.
- Power Word Stun You speak a word of power that can overwhelm the mind of one creature you can see within range, leaving it dumbfounded.
- telepathy You create a telepathic link between yourself and a willing creature with which you are familiar.
- 9th Level
- Imprisonment You create a magical restraint to hold a creature that you can see within range.
- Prismatic Wall A shimmering, multicolored plane of light forms a vertical opaque wall–up to 90 feet long, 30 feet high, and 1 inch thick–centered on a point you can see within range.
- Gate You conjure a portal linking an unoccupied space you can see within range to a precise location on a different plane of existence.
- Wish By simply speaking aloud, you can alter the very foundations of reality in accord with your desires.
- Weird Drawing on the deepest fears of a group of creatures, you create illusory creatures in their minds, visible only to them.
Work in progress
Open Eye Satori
As a Satori who opens its eye to the world you gain the ability to read the toughs of others.
At 3rd level, you gain the ability to use Detect Thoughts at will, as a bonus action, and ignoring the component material cost of the spell.
- Perceptive Mind
At 17th level, Your Detect Thoughts becomes empowered: Its range increases to 90 ft. This range can be increased 30 ft. per additional Mind Slot spent. Your target now automatically fail its savingthrow unless they have resistance of any kind against Detect Thoughts.
- Outer Enlightenment
Closed Eye Satori
As a Satori who closes its eye to the world you focus on your inner consciousness. Another effect of closing your third eye makes your mind unreadable and undetectable for mind reading abilities and spells. And you can't be communicated telepathically either.
- Unconscious Action
At 3rd level, You may use the "ready action" as a bonus action at the cost of 1 Mind Slot. You may also move as a part of one of your reactions, if you have movement left at the end of your turn. Also you may perform an additional reaction per round.
- Unconscious Spell casting
At 17th level you gain the ability to use class features and spells while unconscious ignoring their vocal components.
- Inner Enlightenment
Third Eye Satori
The third eye, a sixth sense.
At 3rd level,
At 17th level,
At 20th level,
Third Eye Perks
Guidance Identify Find traps Mind Spike See Invisibility Clairvoyance True Seeing Foresight Find the Path