Talk:Elf, Aethrzoen (4e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A Few Things
- Underworld Elven Weapon Proficiency: That sounds a bit longwinded. How about "Underdark Weapon Knowledge" or something else that dosen't read as a whole sentence.
- Wild Scramble: This is really a disappointing racial power. You should give them something a bit more useful in more encounters. You mention how they are very thoughtful and tend to remain calm even in disasters, I think their power should reflect this. Maybe something like a once per encound boost to any skill or attack roll, or the ability to automatically make a save when they fail one once per encounter.
- Fluff: You really need to avoid the "this is a reflavored Drow" syndrome, and the "Elf Issue". Since the designers have taken an position of "no more multiple variations of a singular race" (ie. aquatic elves, wood elves, elves from space, etc.), the majority of gamers have jumped behind this and have an immediate negative reaction when they see a "<Fill in permutation> Elf" (or Dwarf, Halfling, etc.). To avoid that (and to help insure folks will at least give the race a look) you might want to just give them an original name. And besides they could easily be given a different physical description and made "cooler" just by being more individual. The fluff you have so far is intresting, but I'd like more. The whole "Born of Disaster" theme is nice.
Thanks for your time. -- Sepsis 16:51, 10 May 2009 (MDT)
- Sepsis thank you for all of your sugestions Iam very proud of this race. p.s. i created this race originaly but Absconder put it on for me.-true warrior 12:53 6-22-09
- SEPSIS!! THE UNDER WORLD ELVES ARE NOTHING LIKE THE DROW!!!-true warrior 7-09-09 8:50am
- personally i take that as an insult.
- Aren't they? The name simply screams "I AM A DROW", and the fluff isn't detailed enough to differenciate it. -- 09:45, 9 July 2009 (MDT)no
The under world elves are NOT drow what so ever.they are related to the drow and elves but they are not drow, first the drow are from the underdark right? well the under world is not the underdark, they dont even conect. the under world is directly under the surface.I will add more fluff.-true
- You may be confusing the Underdark with the Shadowfell. The underdark is beneath the ground, it's a series of caverns and the like. The Shadowfell is like the Feywild; a parallel world. It is reflective of the shadowy side of the real world, so it is the antithesis of the Feywild (where the Eladrin come from). Drow come from the Underdark, not the Shadowfell (home of the Shadar-kai). -- Indigo February 25, 02:30 UTC.
I know the diff. All im sayin is the underworld is diff.--True warrior 14:37, 22 April 2010 (UTC)
Ohla! I hope u guys enjoy the Aethrzoen!-true warrior
The racial power uses Wisdom, but this is at odds with the ability bonuses of Dexterity and Intelligence. Suggest changing the power to Int, or changing bonuses to +2 Dex and +2 to Int or Wis (or scrapping Int alltogether). Marasmusine 03:21, 31 December 2011 (MST)
Hmm, a few more issues.
- They don't speak common, so they can't communicate normally.
- They can speak primordial. This is the language of "efreets, archons, elementals". Why do they have this?
- They live underground in winding tunnels. Why does their culture have them train with polearms like longspears and glaives? Surely that's the worst choice of weapon. Longspears maybe since they can ranked up in a tight, straight tunnel, but glaives are poleblades that need swinging room. Marasmusine 10:26, 3 April 2012 (MDT)