Talk:Cassian Temptress (3.5e Prestige Class)
From D&D Wiki
Martial Arts Skill and Suggestions
How would one put that into a prestige class? Also, does anyone have any ideas/comments/criticisms for this class? Noname
- You should add a charisma minimum to the requirement, you could also leave the door open for neutral evil and chaotic neutral. Maybe an spontaneous arcane progression (Cassia was a sorceress after all). --Lord Dhazriel 05:53, 21 May 2008 (MDT)
- Does anyone remember "mystique" from the x-men movies? How would one put acrobatic/martial arts skills like that into a prestige class? Noname 18:36, 21 May 2008 (MDT)
- Ouf, that belong to the field of extra lawful monk or any aligned rogue. Give them evasion and maybe unarmed attack power but nothing that could match the monk discipline (as they pay for it).--Lord Dhazriel 19:45, 21 May 2008 (MDT)
- What about "Improved Unarmed Strike"? Noname 22:06, 21 May 2008 (MDT)
- Yes, this could work, of course it depending by what you mean by "improved". --Lord Dhazriel 22:18, 21 May 2008 (MDT)
- Now I look stupid... Well this seem reasonable.--Lord Dhazriel 06:09, 22 May 2008 (MDT)
All of the DCs for class abilities should be based upon levels within the prestige class. Most prestige classes in existence which have abilities with DCs tend to have this. The main being that that with a set DC the abilities start out to powerful when the character first gets them and become to weak at high levels. The usual formula is 10 + prestige class level + relevant stat. modifier. If the ability is one which is reasonable to overlap with another class then one may instead substitute the formula 10 + 1/2 class level + relevant stat. modifier. User: Anonymous 1:07, 12 July 2009
I would reconsider giving the class unearthly grace or if so remove most of the other abilities. It is an INCREDIBLY powerful ability and a major contributor to Nymphs having a CR greater than their hit dice. Also energy drain is quite powerful and while it is necessary to the flavor of this class I would suggest not giving a second ability at the same level as it and perhaps splitting the life drain and charming aspects of it over the first two levels. Further, both 'power of suggestion' and 'sympathetic emissions' need use limits or the abilities are way too powerful. I would suggest 3/day and 1/day respectively but in both cases would definitely not go over 3/day. Finally, while this class does have use for a lot of skill points, it is not a skill focused prestige class and as such the skill points per level should be lower than the classes most likely to qualify for it so that there is a reason to consider taking levels in those classes rather than the prestige; I would not go with more than 6+int modifier skill points per level and would more likely go with 4+int mod. to give some reason to consider taking levels in rouge instead of this class. With those modifications, (fully considering the moderately difficult prerequisites (mainly the alignment, stat and gender requirements which do not in any way represent level requirements) for this prestige class), I would still say it would be a bit on the powerful side with d4 hit points per level, 1/2 base attack bonus per level and only one good save (probably reflex) - probably along the lines of a beguiler's power. User: Anonymous 1:25, 12 July 2009
These Pictures (Like the one for this prestige class)
Are they acceptable for purposes like this? So one has said anything so far, but I want to make sure. Noname 21:38, 23 May 2008 (MDT)
- I have no problem with nudity myself, I don't think too much people will be upset.--Lord Dhazriel 10:15, 24 May 2008 (MDT)
- I think it is okay. I only had a problem with one like it when it was up for FA, but it was okay nonetheless ;). --Green Dragon 21:09, 24 May 2008 (MDT)
I'm planning on giving the higher level temptresses the ability to heal as long as their bare feet touch the ground... would this be too much power? Are there any other suggestions for their powers? Noname 20:31, 26 May 2008 (MDT)
- This is my analysis:
- * Fast healing is powerful, almost removing the need to rest. However it ism't enough to survive the ordeal of some monsters.
- Fast Healing isn't that powerful. It removes the need to wave around a wand that's so cheap it almost costs nothing in between combats. Surgo 12:00, 1 October 2008 (MDT)
- * Avoid using high-level spells as class abilities (the one you used were reasonable however.).
- * Unearthly grace should be toned down, AC bonus and Saving Throw bonus are too much. If you take AC specify you must wear no armours or some player will abuse.
- * Sneak Attack: Is a bit powerful, however I acknowledge the progression is slower.
- * Try putting a limit per day (1 + Charisma modifier by example) for power like stunning glance, immunity for 24 hours for those that resist could be another alternative
- * Other power are well enough and this class.
- This class seem a bit overpowered for a common or low-power campaign (but in my high-power campaign this class is underpowered.). If you want I can beta-test the class once it finished.--Lord Dhazriel 21:43, 26 May 2008 (MDT)
- How is a class with max skill points per level, AC that can easily rival a monks (or beat it) great saves (due to unearthly grace) and the ability to stun and then bestow negative levels or repeatedly sneak attack the opponent will they are stunned (auto hits if they coup de grace) for 2d4 rounds underpowered in any campaign... particularly for a sorcerer or rouge who can both reasonably qualify (easily for the rouge and potentially easily for the sorcerer dependent upon the ranks required in the skills listed). That doesn't even go into the other abilities, of which only perfect equilibrium is the only somewhat weak one with a description. User: Annonymous 1:39 12 July 2009.
- Would the Unearthly grace be better if I added the stipulation that it could only work if the temptress was wearing no armor? Noname 00:15, 27 May 2008 (MDT)
- Yes, and thank Dieu, the requirement forbid monk to can take level in this class.--Lord Dhazriel 06:11, 27 May 2008 (MDT)
1000 + Views
Thanks! Noname 19:30, 30 September 2008 (MDT)
Probably related to the high number of views. This class has a great flavor to it and although you might consider some revisions to balance it all of those mechanics present go excellent with the flavor of the class. In short, excellent work User: Annonymous 1:47, 12 July 2009