Talk:Aranac (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Changes Need to be Made, However...
I'm not comfortable either with this being +0 or +1 LA, or with editing it. Any ideas? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 10:05, 17 March 2007 (MST). Please sign your posts.
- Actually, it is fine if you would like to edit this. This was added by an IP (IP 22.214.171.124) and so editing is allowed. If you want change the LA, change the wording, give it new abilities, take away current abilities, balance this, or whatever go ahead and do it. This needs to be improved, and I would be grateful if you would do that. --Green Dragon 23:12, 18 March 2007 (MDT)
Yeah I'm not seeing it be LA +0. With slight underpowering modification LA +1 may be better. Perhaps turn it into a crippling -4 wisdom would make it a difficult class to work with, but I think, given its heritage and abilities, should be considered.
- With 40 ft. movement and +2 natural armor bonus, this is a pretty nifty race, but probably not in the intended way. For a sorcerer, both is decent but you have spells to get the same.
- Usually, you have to decide between high AC or fast movement. This class has both. It does shine in any build that needs speed, but could also need some extra protection. Too bad for monk builds, with Wis -2 that is not a good route.
- In comes the Scout. Both as archer or spring attacker build, this race works really well. With the feat from ROW that grants +2 dodge bonus to AC if you move 40 ft. that round, you're hard to get, hard to hit and deal a nice amount of damage with Skirmish. Add in Multishot or that other feat from PHB II that grants additional attacks on Spring Attack, and you're ready to party!
- So, what would I give for LA?
- The funny thing is, the closest race I found is the Goblin (LA 0). The goblin also has +10 ft. move for its size, but only +1 natural armor and a -4 attribute modifier total. On the other hand, he gets some skill bonuses.
- If you look at LA +1, any race has a positive attribute modifier total. If you ask me, I'd give this race another bonus to some attribute like Int, Dex or Str and make it LA +1. That also works better with the magic bonuses. --Mkill 07:33, 20 June 2007 (MDT)
I have no idea where this is supposed to go, but I didn't want the stuff to get discarded. Coaldstone (talk) 20:35, 14 February 2019 (MST) // Taking the Insectile Template is still a +2 LA for Aranacs.
When using all 8 legs, an Aranac with Insectile Template gains a base speed of 60 ft (all 8 limbs must be free (not holding weapons, shields, potions, etc) and the Aranac must carry no armor or more than a medium load.
They gain 2 bonus Leadership points when their followers are Aranacs.
Also a +5 on Bluff, Intimidate, Gather Information and Diplomacy checks when dealing with other Aranacs.
Other Aranacs in general will respond more cooperative (DM's Discretion) //