Starry Night (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Alternate warlock pact for the Sanctuary's Lot setting.
Followers of The Starry Night school of magic are often devotees of The Lords of the Ten Towers or their servants.
Of all the schools in the Sanctuary's Lot setting, The Starry Night pact is one most closely associated with The Dream itself, communicating and allying with the inhabitants of that realm directly.
Expanded Spell List The Starry Night allows you to choose from an expanded list of spells when you learn a warlock spell. The following spells are added to the warlock spell list for you.
- 1st - feather fall, sleep
- 2nd - levitate, phantasmal force
- 3rd - sending, night guardians
- 4th - conjure lesser dream creatures, starry revelations
- 5th - astromancy, conjure dream creature
- Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to project the beguiling and fearsome presence found only in dreams. As an action, you can cause each creature in a 10-foot cube originating from you to make a Wisdom saving throw against your warlock spell save DC. The creatures that fail their saving throws are all charmed or frightened by you (your choice) until the end of your next turn. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
- At 6th level, under clear, night skies, any ranged attack against you is at a disadvantage. Also, you have the advantage on magical attacks against any opponent illuminated by starlight. Outdoors, you gain low light vision, if you did not possess it already.
Visions of Terror
- Starting at 10th level, your thoughts cannot be read by telepathy or other means unless you allow it. You also have resistance to psychic damage, and whenever a creature deals psychic damage to you, that creature takes the same amount of damage that you do.
- Starting at 14th level you can use planar ally to summon a being from The Dream. You must bargain with this creature as normal and are bound to all the restrictions of the spell. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.