Starborn (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Starborn were named as such on the whim of their creator god Erreun. Starborn's culture is derived of many cultures they discovered on they're long journeys. They tend to be very nomadic in nature.
Starborn tend to be a little cool due to the simple fact that most seek to emulate their Creator in some way.
Starborn culture is ruled by reason first and formost, however they are, as a whole, more accepting of other people, judging and their actions and ideas rather than their race.
Starborn stand around six feet tall and weigh about 121 pounds with females being slightly smaller and lighter than males. Male starborn cannot grow beards and both males and females tend to have extremely long silvery or golden hair. Starborn tend to have metallic colored irises. Starborn skin is colored like the night sky and is covered with star-like spots that mimic constellations. Starborn typically use advanced technology (unless performing experiments requiring lower technology gear). Starborn are endothermic (with an average body temperature of 103° F), omnivorous, silicon-carbon-based lifeforms based on the human form. The main external difference to humans is their skin, which is stiffer and lacks sweat glands. A starborn's interior anatomy vastly differs from humans in a number of important ways including nano-diamond bones and teeth, a matter-energy conversion engine in place of a stomach, a gravivesic (a specialized organ used for localized manipulation of gravity) located in the lower abdomen, and a cardiovascular system that circulates energy instead of blood. Because of their lack of blood they don't need oxygen to oxidize the cells.
Starborn are willing to accept anyone regardless of their race so long as they respect the Starborn's ideals.
Starborn tend to have a neutral alignment on at least one axis.
Starborn mostly live on the plane of Indunius, where they can be close to their god Erreun. They travel between worlds and dimensions via asteroids and flight.
Most Starborn worship Erreun, however even atheistic Starborn respect him.
Starborn speak their own language as well as any language that they run into while traveling.
Starborn often name their children after people of other races that they are impressed by, however upon reaching adulthood some Starborn chose to take a different name that suits them.
- "+3 Intelligence, +4 Charisma −1 Constitution −1 Wisdom −2 Dexterity −1 Strength." : Starborn are intelligent and exotic but are a bit brash or naive due to their races wanderlust and frail due to their tendency to fly everywhere.
- Monstrous humanoid
- Starborn base land speed is 20 feet: fly speed of 30 feet (perfect)
- Encumbered flight: Starborn can fly at full speed even while carrying a medium load and fly at encumbered speed with a heavy load.
- Darkvision: Starborn can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and Starborn can function just fine with no light at all.
- Natural Linguist: At every level above first a Starborn adds one language s/he has encountered in his/her travels.
- Frail: After a critical attack roll, The turn ends and a starborn must rest for one whole turn (no actions can be taken during this turn).
- Breathless: Starborn don’t need to breathe.
- Bioreactor: Starborn do not require sleep or water, and can eat any form matter provided they can swallow it (so they can't eat a sword but they could eat iron filings).
- Superior Literacy: Starborn are always literate, regardless of their character class. Speak Language is always a class skill for Starborn, regardless of class.
- Starborn are immune to both nonmagical heat and cold as if under the Endure elements spell.
- Fast Metabolism: Starborn must eat more often than humans and only gain 1/4 health from all nonmagical healing.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Starborn, and one other language. Bonus Languages: any including secret languages. Starborn have a gift for picking up new languages.
- Critical Point: Starborn infuse their weapons when criticals are rolled enhancing them and doubling the critical. But must undergoe Frail
- Favored Class: Sorcerer or Wizard.
- Level Adjustment: +0.
|Gender||Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Male||200 years||400 years||600 years||+5D% years|
|Female||207 years||413 years||620 years||+5D% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5'||+2D12||85 lb.||× 1D6 lb.|
|Female||4' 10"||+2D12||80 lb.||× 1D6 lb.|