Space Marine (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A usual day for a Space Marine is praise in the mornings to their deity. The main part of the day is spent in rigorous training,as Space Marines try to stay as physically fit for battle as possible. At night, they say another prayer before resting. Space Marines are not known for parties but for being intense soldiers.
Average Height: 8' to 10'; Average Weight: 800 - 1000 lbs
Space Marines interact well with other humans, especially Paladins and Clerics. They view the ways of spellcasting as both eerie and cowardly and while they admire the role of combat support that wizards play, they frown upon such a dependency on magic.
All Space Marines match the alignment of their deity.
A Space Marine feels most at home in large cities where their services can be put to use.
Most Space Marines follow the teachings of the emperor of man, but separate chapters may worship other deities to justify their actions. A Space Marine is required to select a deity.
Male: Avitus, Cyrus, Legion, Tarkus, Thaddeus, Davian
- +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, -2 Dexterity, -4 Charisma
- Due to their extreme combat conditioning and divine convictions, Space Marines are strong-willed frontline fighters. Their proficiencies with weapons leave them intolerant of spellcasting, short tempers and arrognace render them irritable to other races, and their size from enhancements makes them very graceful.
- Humanoid (Non-native). Space Marines come from the depths of space where the foulest of demons lurk.
- Space Marine's base land speed is 50 feet, Run: 100ft, Sprint: 150ft,
- War Cry: Enemies make a Will Save versus fear or be shaken (DC 15 + Space Marine's will). Lasts 1d6 rounds. A Space Marine can use the War Cry in 1d10 rounds. Effects increase by one die every third level on and after 3rd level.
- Charge!!: The Space Marine can charge a single target for twice the penalties of a standard charge without risking an AC reduction. A Charge cannot be executed again for another 1d6 rounds.
- Space Marines have proficiency with all heavy weapons and all heavy armors, including Powered Armor.
- A Space Marine can wield a two-handed weapon with one hand and carry either a shield or a light ranged weapon in the other without penalties as long as his Strength Modifier is at least a +3.
- Unyielding: When in combat, a Space Marine must make a Intelligence check plus their Wisdom modifier when they drop below 50% health (DC 25). If the Space Marine fails, he continues to fight. On a successful roll, a Space Marine can assess the situation as too dangerous and has the option to fall out of combat and move half his speed away from his target.
- Automatic Languages: They must be taught a language by a native speaker.
- Favored Class: Fighter, Ranger, Cleric, Paladin
- Level Adjustment:0
|170 years||+2d20 +10||+2d20 + 20||+2d20 + 40|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|280 years||350 years||490 years||+5d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 2"||+1d6 + 8||190 lb.||× 1d3 lb.|