Soulbound Mech (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
These mechs are the result of experimentation on the human soul. The souls of dying humans were transferred to mechanical bodies so that they could live on and become immortal. They are often shy and reclusive due to their nature to frighten people. During their soul transfer, they touched the afterlife, and thus gain some knowledge of Heaven or Hell. Many transfers did not go perfectly and because of this, the soul being moved is damaged and the person may lose their memories and personality, and many go mad.
These mechs are most often the same size as the body their soul was once in. Their bodies are made of a hard steel, and their chest is made of a unknown clear metal that allows the soul's light to shine through. The soul powers their bodies, and they radiate a magical energy. Their face is featureless apart from glowing eyes on a screen that are capable of expression. The mouth region glows dully while they are speaking. On the bottom of their feet and the palms of their hands are dully glowing circles.
Many people fear these mechs and often refuse to interact with them. They are alone apart from their other fellow mechs. However, these mechs are very close to wildlife and any non-sentient being.
The alignment of a mech depends on the alignment of the human soul inside.
Soulbound mechs are comfortable in any region without sentient life, most often the deep jungle filled with plenty of fauna.
The religion of a Soulbound mech depends on the religion of the human soul inside.
Soulbound mechs speak any language that they once spoke as humans, which is most often common. Also, when they entered the afterlife and were ripped out, they gain the language of wherever they were sent to spend eternity.
Most Soulbound mechs take on their previous names, yet some adopt new ones to start a new life, and some forget their name and are forced to create a new name.
- +4 Strength, +4Constitution, -8 Charisma, -2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence: These Mechs are Strong and Hardy, but their appearance makes others very uneasy and during the transfer damaged their souls, and thus their mind.
- Due to the metal exterior, Soulbounds gain a +4 to AC, but they cannot wear armor.
- MediumMedium size: As Medium creatures, Soulbound Mechs do not have any bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Soulbound Mechs base land speed is 25ft.
- Metal-Body (Ex):Cannot be healed by spells or healers, but Soulbound mechs auto-repair twice as fast as most races. During shut-down mode they auto-repair 4 times as fast.
- Hard Fists (Ex):All punches and kicks hit harder. All unarmed strikes gain a +2 to damage rolls.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus to Fortitude saves.
- Does not have to eat or sleep, but has ability to temporarily shut down and repair at increased rate.
- Upgradeable (Ex): Soulbound mechs have the ability to upgrade their bodies and give themselves new features. Upgrades either need the expertise of an experienced blacksmith or mage.
- Night Vision 30ft: Soulbound Mechs can see in the dark up to 30 feet. Night Vision is seen in shades of green, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and they can function just fine with no light at all.
- Automatic Languages: Common, and Celestial, Abyssal or Infernal Bonus Languages: Any
- Favored Class: Fighter
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Armor v11||+2 AC, +6 Max Dex||20g||Blacksmith|
|Armor v21||+3 AC, +5 Max Dex||40g||Blacksmith|
|Armor v31||+4 AC, +4 Max Dex||150g||Blacksmith|
|Armor v41||+5 AC, +3 Max Dex||250g||Blacksmith|
|Armor v51||+6 AC, +1 Max Dex||350g||Blacksmith|
|Armor v61||+8 AC, +0 Max Dex||1750g||Blacksmith|
|Armor spikes||See Armor spikes||50g||Blacksmith|
|Tool Acceptor2||Allows for tools to be attached||30g||Blacksmith|
|Welder Tool2||Can burn through soft materials in 2 turns, and hard materials in 5. Must pass Concentration Check with DC set by DM.||60g||Blacksmith|
|Hook Tool2||Acts as grappling hook.||60g||Blacksmith|
|Blade Tool2||Acts as longsword, can retract and be concealed.||60g||Blacksmith|
|Launcher Tool2||Acts as longbow||60g||Blacksmith|
|Shield Tool2||Acts as Buckler||60g||Blacksmith|
|Repair Tool2||Can heal 1d8 of damage every 30 minutes||75g||Blacksmith|
|Auto-Focus||+2 bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.||75g||Mage|
|Reserve Data||+2 bonus on Knowledge, Appraise, and Decipher Script checks.||100g||Mage|
|Mechanical Screech||+5 bonus on Intimidate checks||100g||Mage|
|Piston punch||Unarmed attacks gain +2 to attacking and damage rolls(with spikes +3)||100g(150g to add spikes)||Blacksmith|
|Spotlight||Chest glows brightly, bright light in 100ft outwards from chest||100g||Mage|
|Glow||Chest glows brightly in 20ft radius of mech||100g||Mage|
|Rocket Fists||Launches Fists for 1d8 damage, reattaching is a Standard Action||200g||Mage|
|Rocket Jump||+10 to Jump checks.||200g||Mage|
|Speed Boost||+5 feet to base land speed(can be taken up to 5 times)||200g||Blacksmith|
|Magnetic Grip||+8 to grapple||250g||Blacksmith|
|Mega-Upgrade!||Gain 1 point to a Ability Score (stackable)||5000g||Mage|
|Collapsible Wings||Fly(30ft poor)||1000g(3000g 60 ft good)||Blacksmith|
|Gun Tool2||3d8 ranged damage(120ft)||2000g||Blacksmith|
|Multi-armed||Gains extra set of arms, no negatives to using second weapon. Gains second attack with same bonuses as first.||10000g||Blacksmith and Mage|
|Soul Beam||Blasts ray from chest, dealing 1d12 + 1d6 per level.||15000g||Mage|
|Self-Destruct||Deals 2d20 x5 damage to all in 100ft radius. 15% chance to reassemble.||30000g||Mage|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|