|Realm of the Dragonborn, Bethesda Softworks (Source)
Tradition has it that the Nords came to Tamriel from the continent of Atmora in ancient days. Out of this time also arose one of the most legendary of all Tamrielic figures, Ysgramor, from whom all Nordic kings to this day are descended.
- - Unknown, Pocket Guide to the Empire
Skyrim is a province in the very north of Tamriel. It is a cold and mountainous region. Skyrim has been home to both elven and human civilization since time immemorial. It is currently inhabited by the human race of Nords. It is bordered by Morrowind to the east, Cyrodiil to the south, Hammerfell to the south-west, and High Rock to the west; the island of Solstheim lies to the north-east.
Campaign Setting Information
- A quick look at what classes are in Skyrim and how they each fit in.
- Various gear, goods, equipment and magical items available to the people of Skyrim.
- Information on spells and enchantments, as well as the nature, uses and practices of magic.
- Descriptions of the race within Skyrim, and how they interact with one another and the rest of the world.
- An examination of Skyrim's pantheon of gods, their common appearances, their attributions, their practices of worship and how they commonly interact with the world.
- Factions and Organizations
- Detailed information of the different groups of the world and how they all interact with each other and the rest of the world.
World of Skyrim
- An examination of monsters and beasts in the world of Skyrim and how they've adapted to the world.
- The common calendar and holidays of Skyrim.
- Skyrim's interactions and connections with the broader multiverse and planes.
- The World & Locales
- The world of Skyrim and the nation's cultures and peoples within it.
- The broad history of Skyrim, divided into general eras.
- A quick look at common societal trends and laws found in the world of Skyrim.
Dungeon Master's Guide
- A general explanation of Skyrim and the general world building mindset, along with various outside resources and examples to use as references in developing a campaign or understanding the world.
- Artifacts of great power and importance.
- General maps for the DM's use.
- Variant Rules
- Optional rules for DMs to implement while playing a campaign in Skyrim.
- Adventures & Tables
- Ideas for quests, dungeons, campaigns and conflicts. Also tables for random encounters and other things.
- Adding to the world of Skyrim
- A page for submitting ideas, advice and anecdotes from your campaigns for the development of the setting.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Campaign Settings