Skill Challenge: Time Bomb Room (Dungeon Dash Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
Time Bomb Room
You enter a room that is empty save for a pedestal with a blue orb containing a keyhole in it. A sign nearby states: "You will have 1 minute to unlock the orb once you touch it. Otherwise it will explode. Each time you fail to pick it, something bad may happen."
Associated Skill: Open Lock
Retry: No Failure Result:
- Very Easy - No Penalty, 2 Damage on explosion per 5 EL
- Easy - Reduces time left by 1 round, 4 Damage on explosion per 5 EL
- Normal - Reduces time left by 2 rounds, 6 Damage on explosion per 5 EL
- Hard - Reduces time left by 3 rounds, 8 Damage on explosion per 5 EL
- Very Hard - Reduces time left by 4 rounds, 10 Damage on explosion per 5 EL
- Impossible - Immediate Explosion, 16 Damage on explosion per 5 EL
Description: If a failure is made, the time left until the orb explodes may reduce (depending on the challenge level of the room). If the orb explodes, characters within 5 feet take the damage. Two successful pick lock attempts must be made to solve this challenge.