Sangheili (Halo elites)
From D&D Wiki
Elites are highly honorable and rarely pick fights they can't win but will never back down from a fight. Elites are accepted in most places, good or evil, because of their adhesion to the law. To steal or break the law is to lose themselves and their honor. And are extremely strict on these laws
Elites stand at about 6.3 to 7 feet tall, they have leathery grey skin, elites have eye color that ranges from oily black to reddish orange. The Sangheili have 4 jaw bones that form mandibles and can be used offensively but they refrain from doing so. The elites are also equipped with 4 finger on each hand and muscly, 3-jointed legs that end in hooves.
Some elites have grafted armor(armor that is literally attached to them and can only by taken of with great pain and difficulty) which is made of some sort of rare alien alloy. This armor is unique and should be determined by a DM, if allowed at all.
Elites are rarely found on worlds other than their own but are not against socializing with others when they aren't, however elites tend to keep to themselves and think highly of those who are honorable.
Do to the honor bound nature of elites they are almost always lawful with some exceptions with the dishonored who are always chaotic.
Dishonored are elites that have committed a crime that can not be redeemed, all elites have a set of rules that they follow, however it differs between tribes. Breaking these rules results in being dishonored where the armor is striped from their body and they are exiled from the tribe never to return.
In addition, the code they follow is the responsibility of a challenge, in order to obtain higher status or honor in any tribe (elites hold warriors to be more honorable than blacksmiths and traders) a warrior must challenge and defeat a warrior considered to have more status. In victory they have the choice to obtain everything the challenged elite owned.
elites tend to live in forests and mountainous environments and have a country set up with a strange castle made of twisted metal and glowing rocks the complex attracts moths as a by product of their strange "magic". Elites live in tribes of about 40 to 100 individuals. Elites also live with displacer beast each tribe typically has 10 to 15 that also go in to battle with the elites.
Sangheili at war
When elites are at war there tactics revolve around ambushes and hit and run using there invisibility to hide amounts the terrain then using there overwhelming size and strength to beat down there opponents or using there great speed to charge there opponents from a distance and lung at there helpless prey as there displacers to hunt down the stragglers.
A Covenant ship missed its warp quadrants and crashed on a strange planet only the elites survived. They where able to recover their invisibility cloaks and energy swords as well as even build their own weapons and armors. The Displacer beast that lived in the area didn't know how to react to the new inhalants and soon the elites found a way to tame them. The elites have began to create their own castle out of the wreckage of their crashed ship.
Role in d&d
Elites are great for DPS or for being scouts do to their invisibility cloak and fast speed. A monk elite is a deadly combo do to their speed, rogue elites are extremely uncommon but would be awesome with the invisibility, elite fighters are ideals tanks because lunge can be used to intercept larger opponents charging a healer or archer.
- :+2str +2con elites have carbon reinforced bones and 2 layers of muscle and the only way they can swim is there lipid based skin. Elites are vary intelligent and have a complex understanding of math however do to there "way with words" they are less social with outsiders. The grafted armor allows them to have extra protection from attacks, other armors can be added on to the grafted armor but with some difficulty( to add or take of armor takes 30 min)
- :AGILE COMBATANT: While not encumbered, the elite has +2 to AC
- base land speed is feet:40
- low light vision
- darkvision 120 feet
- special ability:lunge(Ex) when an attack is made with an energy sword by an elite they move up 5 feet then the attack is made.
- special ability:adrenaline rush(Ex)once an elites hp has dropped to half or less the elite goes into a rage( +6 str, +10 feet of movement, -4 ac, and +5 hp regeneration) adrenaline rush lasts for 5 rounds.
- Spell-Like Ability: —.lesser invisibility duration 2 minutes Caster level is .10 (The grafted armor on the elites body seems to give them this ability because dishonored elites do not have this ability.
- Automatic Languages: .common and terren Bonus Languages: . Goblin, giant, draconic, abyssal, and elven
- Favored Class: . Ranger
- Level Adjustment: +3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races [[Category:<!-race's type-> Type]] [[Category:<!-race's subtype; or remove line-> Subtype]] [[Category:<!-race's size-> Size]] [[Category:LA<!-#->]] [[Category:ECL<!-#->]]