Rysanai (4e Paragon Path)
From D&D Wiki
Rysanai, the Roaring River
|“||You cannot escape one brutal truth; wherever you go, I exist.||”|
Prerequisite: You must be an Agent of Rysalia (Five Towers Supplement)
Rysalia is the embodiment of water, and is recognized by her swiftness, finesse... and brutality. Always restless, Rysalia enjoys direct interaction through her agents, the Rysanai, or those who are the "Roaring River"; powerful individuals collected from all walks of life to serve as a means to influence the world around them in Rysalia's favor. While far from diabolical or evil, Rysalia's aggressive, sometimes harsh nature, is stayed only among those who have earned her favor, to which she readily rewards in return for further action. Much like her older sister, Kishara, Rysalia favors mobility over raw endurance like that of her eldest brother, Rushi.
You as an agent of Rysalia are the force of water, striking like tidal currents, whitewater rapids, and icebergs, assaulting your foes with overwhelming force as you relentlessly advance.
Rysanai Path Features
- Riptide (11th Level):
- Like the swirling undercurrents of a vicious riptide, your attacks threaten to brutally slay any enemy you strike; as a Free Action you may add the Cold keyword to any attack made by you, and cause your weapon to deal its damage as Cold damage. In addition to these features, creatures which you critically strike feel as if they are sucked beneath the surface of a raging sea, causing them to be Weakened until the start of your next turn as their body attempts to re-stabilize itself.
- Fleet Currents (11th Level):
- When you utilize an action point to take another action, you may shift up to highest ability modifier in squares, for your body slides around as if it were liquid, gaining +2 AC until the end of your next turn. Attacks which fail to harm you until the start of your next turn following the use of your action point also allow you to shift 1 square as an immediate reaction.
- Frigid Waters (16th Level):
- All of your attacks, and those of your allies within burst 3 of you, that contain the Cold keyword or deal Cold damage gain the Brutal 1 property; any weapon or ability that already contained the Brutal property has its Brutal value increased by +1. All Cold damage you take is reduced by an amount equal to your Constitution modifier. Rime and frost drips from your weapons and hands, melting before it crashes into the ground beneath you, threatening your enemies with a bone chilling demise.