Reploid (D20 Modern Race)
From D&D Wiki
Reploid - Replicant Android
Reploids were originally made from the blueprints of Megaman X. They are normally created in factories for mass production or by dedicated Roboticists (Ex Dr, Light, Dr. Wily, Dr. Cain, Ex).
Reploids act depending on their personality Matrix. The matrix of normal Reploids is of a neutral or good alignment, normally lawful, as to allow them to live in human society and coexist. However, if a Reploid is infected with a virus like the Sigma Virus, it turns them into Mavericks, evil, lawful/chaotic robots, following the foul programming of the virus to seek and destroy.
Reploids height and skin color and other stuff vary as much as a human. But they have armor instead of skin, except for their face. Though, their skin is really not skin. It's really a synthetic fiber meant to look and feel like skin stretched over their metal frame. Whether they have the skin synthetic fiber on their hands, and whatnot, all depends on their creator's desire.
Reploids normally get along well with the races that their creator got along with.
A Reploid can be any alignment. What that alignment is comes from a mixture of the creators original coding, and there experiences and choices as self thinking robots. Just because a reploid was created for good or evil, does not mean they can't become better or worse.
Any habitable land. Some may live in in other places in the sky the seas and also in places were other lifeforms can't.
Reploids don't normally follow a religion. Those that due normally form societies around either the creator that gave them life or any deities their creator may have worshipped.
Common and one bonus language.
They get their names from their creator, or from what someone calls them (if they were abandoned or something).
- +2 to 1 or 2 ability scores, -2 to 1 or 2 ability scores. Or they can just leave the ability scores alone: The creator (the player of the Reploid) determine what the Reploids strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Wisdom, Intelligence, and Charisma is. Their ability additions and penalties have to cancel each other out (example: +2 to strength, -2 to Dexterity, +2 to Constitution, -2 to Wisdom; or +2 to strength, -2 to Dexterity).
- Construct: Reploids are constructs, due to being built.
- Medium: no bonuses; Large (this is reserved for bosses. You'd have to talk to your DM about becoming a Large Reploid): -1 to attack Rolls and Defense; -4 to Hide checks; +4 to Grapple checks; 10 foot reach.
- Medium and Large-sized Bioroid base land speed is: 30ft.
- Attachable weaponry(Ex): A Reploid can either use normal weapons, or they can use a weapon built specifically for Reploids. These specially built weapons can't be disarmed, but they can be sundered. A weapon specially built for Reploids are able to switch places with a Reploid's hand. You don't drop your weapons unless you want to drop them. Switching from your weapon to your hand (and visa-versa) is a free action.
- Maverick Virus Susceptibility: There's a virus that causes Reploids to go berserk and want to kill non-Reploid life. This can be contracted by corrupted data drives, or malicious cyber entries like Sigma. To restore a Maverick back to its Reploid form, It must be incapacitated and have its personality matrix repaired (repair check; DC 20; 2 days of work); If the check failed, then they work as normal, but they have a different personality.
- Native Language: Common.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|55 years||70 years||78 years +||+1d4 (X) 100 years (Reploids do not "die" of old "age" thy just brake down).|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 8" /to/ 6' 0"||+2d6||200 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||5' 4" /to/ 5' 8"||+2d6||125 lb.||× (1d4) lb.
Remember, Reploids are made out of metal. This affects their weight.