Pumpkin child (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Pumpkin Child is a animated pumpkin with the subtypes Plant, and Monstrous Humanoid. An ancient race that is immortal and never dies unless killed by a weapon or magical spell. They are care-free in every sense of the word so they are very friendly, although they do not liked to be picked on.
Pumpkin Children are playful and enjoy other races that share its whimsical nature. Their appetites remain more or less the same as an inanimate pumpkin: favoring compost and nutrient rich soils over other humanoid foods.
Usually nocturnal by nature, this race enjoys using magic. They generally use their roots to grasp or hold the ground where they are perch while manipulating their surrounding with their short, woven vine arms.
An animated pumpkin with roots that act like feet, an expressive jack-o'-lantern face and thin woven vines for arms and hands.
- Height: 2 ft +2d4
- Weight: 20 pounds + 2d4
- Age: 11 -1d10
- Eyes: Illuminated with icy blue, lime green, yellow, orange, red, dark red or white light.
- face: Usually jack-o'-lantern with wide mouth and triangle nose. Lit by same light as eyes.
- Body Coloring: Green, brown, black, yellow.
- Head Coloring: Orange, yellow, green, white.
At the age of 10, a Pumpkin Child is more brittle than its younger versions and takes a -2 to AC but an additional +1 to Wisdom.
This race favors races affiliated with nature and/or magic especially chaotic ones such as sorcerers. Any race that can accept the Pumpkin Child's whimsical and playful manner is readily welcomed. While often a prankster, like the gnome, a Pumpkin Child is one of the first to laugh at any prank they see.
Most Pumpkin Children are chaotic, with a very small percent being lawful outside there patch. They can be equally good or evil.
Born in wild or unkept pumpkin patches, Pumpkin Children prefer forests and temperate areas with at least medium tree cover. This race has been known to congregate around any area dark twisted wood, graveyards and of course pumpkin patches.
The Pumpkin Children, while they do not have a religion, all follow and protect the Pumpkin King. While they often they embark on adventure, especially at younger and mid-age,there loyalty to there pumpkin patch and surrounding area is naturally there calling. There is only one Pumpkin King for each patch, and is always succeeded generally by the strongest and wisest Pumpkin Child born from the Pumpkin Kings seed. Pumpkin_King_(3.5e_Prestige_Class)
Pumpkin Children know Common, Under Common and 1d6 other languages (from creatures that pass it).
A Pumpkin Child usually has a short, playful name unless the local Pumpkin King named it before it decided on a name on its own. Examples:
- +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +4 Charisma:
- -2 Strength, -2 Constitution
- Subtypes: Humanoid, plant
- Pumpkin Child base land speed is 20 feet.
- See section below for all abilities
- Weapon Proficiency is gained through class choices.
- Favored Class: Pumpkin king, wizard, sorcerer, warlock, druid
- Level Adjustment: +2
- Revitalize Plants: Spell-like Ability that may be used 3 times a day. Brings to life plant life equal in Hit Dice to 1/2 the character's level to a maximum of 30 Hit Dice. Character can communicate only simple commands to any plant-life under it's control for the duration of this spell. A revitalized plant last 1d4 rounds per 4 character levels.
- Pumpkin Dance: Spell-like Ability that may be used once a day. Treated as a Summon Monster spell unless otherwise stated herein. Raise 1 pumpkin warrior for every character level. Each pumpkin warrior is a summoned creature with 1d10 + caster level Health Points (max 50 HP). It takes one full round of dancing per 1d10 warriors summoned to complete the ritual and each warrior stays a maximum of 3 turns after it is summoned. (See below for full Pumpkin Warrior stats)
- Size: Small
- Hit Dice: 1d10 + caster level (max 50)
- Initiative: 0
- Speed: 20 ft
- Armor Class: 12 (+1 size +1 Dex), touch 12, flat-footed 13
- Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-4
- Attack: Unarmed Strike +1 melee (1d2+STR/x2)
- Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
- Special Attacks: None.
- Special Qualities: None.
- Saves: Fort +2, Ref +1, Will -1
- Abilities: Str 10, Dex 12, Con 9, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 13
- Skills: None.
- Feats: None.
- Breath Weapon: Supernatural Ability. 20 ft cone dealing 2d6 fire damage with a 10 + 1/2 the character's levels + Charisma Modifier Reflex DC for half damage. It takes 1d8 rounds for a Pumpkin Child to recuperate enough to use it's breath weapon again.