Primordial Spectre (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Primordial Spectre
- 1.1 Creating a Primordial Spectre
- 1.2 Class Features
- 1.2.1 Table: The Primordial Spectre
- 1.2.2 Primordial Rifle
- 1.2.3 Primodial's Selection
- 1.2.4 Primordial Aim
- 1.2.5 Ability Score Improvement
- 1.2.6 Spectre Mask
- 1.2.7 Primordial Magazine Upgrade
- 1.2.8 Primordial Link Upgrade
- 1.2.9 Primordial Stock Upgrade
- 1.2.10 Primordial Loading Upgrade
- 1.2.11 Primordial Bi-pod Upgrade
- 1.2.12 Primordial Merge Upgrade
- 1.2.13 Primordial Form
- 1.3 Aim of the Chosen
- 1.4 Aim of the Night-Stalker
- 1.5 Aim of the Psyker
- 1.6 Multiclassing
You are a Primordial Spectre. A being that through some means, has bonded with a Primordial Rifle. This unique weapon allows you to perform feats that few believe possible by harnessing the power of the primordials themselves. This power is focused in your Rifle, and is initially dormant. As the bearer of the Rifle gains more power, more elements of that individual Primordial Rifle emerge.
Creating a Primordial Spectre
Before creating your Primordial Spectre, ask your self a few questions first. How did your character come into contact with their Primordial Rifle? Was it looted treasure from an adventure? A family heirloom passed down as a decoration? Or was it stolen from a rich nobleman or some important figure?
- Quick Build
As a Primordial Spectre you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Armor: Light • Medium
Weapons: All Weapons, and Primordial Rifle
Tools: Thieves' Tools, Tinker’s tools
Saving Throws: Dexterity and Charisma
Skills: Choose 3 from: Acrobatics, Deception, Insight, Intimidation, Investigation, Perception, Persuasion, Stealth
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
- Primordial Rifle
- A Shortsword
- (a) A Burglar's pack or (b) An Explorer's pack
- Leather Armor
- If you are using starting wealth, you have 6d4x10 gp in funds.
|1st||+2||Primordial Rifle, Primordial Scope Upgrade|
|3rd||+2||Primordial Aim, Primordial Barrel Upgrade|
|4th||+2||Ability Score Improvement|
|5th||+3||Primordial Visor, Spectre Mask|
|7th||+3||Primordial Magazine Upgrade|
|8th||+3||Ability Score Improvement|
|9th||+4||Primordial Link Upgrade|
|11th||+4||Primordial Stock Upgrade|
|12th||+4||Ability Score Improvement|
|13th||+5||Primordial Loading Upgrade|
|15th||+5||Primordial Bi-pod Upgrade|
|16th||+5||Ability Score Improvement|
|17th||+6||Primordial Merge Upgrade|
|19th||+6||Ability Score Improvement|
Starting at 1st Level you gain the use of a Primordial Rifle, which has the following statistics.
- Weapon - Primordial Rifle
- Price - None
- Damage - 1d8 Piercing
- Critical - Max Damage x2
- Weight - 19lbs
- Properties - Heavy, Range, Special
- Range - 150/600 Feet
- Special - You may shoot through materials made of and that are less than 3 inches thick. You automatically have proficiency in the Rifle, and add your Dexterity modifier to its damage.
The Primordial Rifle damage increases to 1d10 at 5th level, 2d8 at 8th level, 2d10 at 12th level, 3d8 at 15th level, and 4d10 at 18th level.
At 1st level, you may also select a Primordial Scope Upgrade. Primordial Upgrades are how you determine the abilities of your Primordial Rifle. Primordial Scope Upgrades may be selected from the list below.
- Fire Primordial - Searing Scope. Your scope highlights sources of heat out to a distance of 120 feet. Additionally, enemies hit by your Primordial Rifle while it has a Searing Scope attached take 1d8 fire damage this damage increases to 2d8 at the 5th level, 3d8 at 8th level, 4d8 at 12th level, 5d8 at 15th level, and 6d8 at 18th level.
- Air Primordial - Carving Scope. If an enemy moves within 120 feet of you, you may follow the trail of wind they move through to pin point their location. Additionally, enemies hit by your Primordial Rifle while it has a Carving Scope attached take 1d8 slashing damage this damage increases to 2d8 at the 5th level, 3d8 at 8th level, 4d8 at 12th level, 5d8 at 15th level, and 6d8 at 18th level.
- Water Primordial - Tsunami Scope. Your scope highlights any living sentient being that is composed of any amount of water out to a distance of 120 feet. Additionally, enemies hit by your Primordial Rifle while it has a Tsunami Scope attached take 1d8 force damage this damage increases to 2d8 at the 5th level, 3d8 at 8th level, 4d8 at 12th level, 5d8 at 15th level, and 6d8 at 18th level.
- Earth Primordial - Quaking Scope. If an enemy moves within 120 feet of you, you may perceive them as though you had Tremor Sense. Additionally, enemies hit by your Primordial Rifle while it has a Quaking Scope attached take 1d8 bludgeoning damage this damage increases to 2d8 at the 5th level, 3d8 at 8th level, 4d8 at 12th level, 5d8 at 15th level, and 6d8 at 18th level.
Starting at 2nd level, two times per day you may make a targeted shot at a specific part of the body with your Rifle. Each part has different effects as shown below. To fire at certain shot, the target must have at least one of the associated body parts. This increases four times every long rest at 8th level, and to six times every long rest at 14th level.
- Head - DC 18 Dexterity check - Target takes an additional 8d8 piercing damage.
- Torso - DC 15 Dexterity check - Target must make a DC 16 Constitution Saving Throw or be Stunned for 1 round.
- Hand - DC 15 Dexterity check - Target drops what they are holding in one hand, and cannot pick it up for 1 round.
- Foot - DC 15 Dexterity check - Target's speed becomes 0 for 1 round.
At 3rd level, you choose an Aim. Choose between Aim of the Chosen, Aim of the Night-Stalker or Aim of the Psyker; all detailed at the end of the class description. Your choice grants you features at 3rd level and again at 6th, 10th, 14th and 18th level. Additionally, you may select a Primordial Barrel Upgrade from the list below.
- Primordial Light - At the beginning of your turn you may speak a command word you choose to make a visible ray of light appear over the head of a creature you can see within 120 feet for one minute. While the ray is active, the target takes an additional 2d8 Radiant damage from you. You may use this once, regaining the use upon finishing a Short Rest.
- Primordial Darkness - At the beginning of your turn you may speak a command word you choose engulfing a target you can see within 120 feet in darkness for one minute. While engulfed, the target takes an additional 2d8 Necrotic damage from you. You may use this once, regaining the use upon finishing a Short Rest.
- Primordial Echo - Your rifle now fires two shots per attack. Roll to hit for both attacks. Additionally, you can speak through your rifle to a creature you can see within 120 feet.
- Primordial Silence - Bullets no longer create any audible noise past a distance of 5 feet. Additionally, when a target is hit by you they fall under the effect of the Zone of Silence spell.
Ability Score Improvement
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
At 5th level, your connection to your Rifle, and thus to the Primordials it is connected to, has deepened. The connection has reached a sufficient depth and unlocked the Rifle's companion, the Spectre Mask. The Mask appears to be a black helmet that fully encloses the head, with a clear pane on the front. From the outside, this pane appears to be opaque. The Mask may be freely worn and removed by the wearer, but may not be removed by an outside force. When wearing the Mask, you are immune to the Blinded and Deafened conditions, have True-sight out to 120 feet, and may choose to see through the scope of your Rifle remotely to any distance. You may also select a Spectre Mask Upgrade from the list below.
- Wind Manipulation- This visor allows you to turn and aim your rifle remotely at a distance of up to 600 feet, rotating in space in the last place that it was set down. You may fire the rifle as a bonus action when manipulating it through the mask.
- Earth Binder- As a bonus action, you may make your next shot fired cast the Grasping Vines spell on impact for free once per short rest. The vines appear as if made from stone. Additionally, your shots deal an additional 1d8 Force Damage.
Primordial Magazine Upgrade
Starting at 7th level, you have gained the ability to condense part of the essence of some of the primordials into special Magazines. You may select a Primordial Magazine Upgrade from the list below.
- Primordial of Death Magazine- On a hit, the target must make a DC 18 Constitution Saving Throw or be consumed in necrotic energy for one minute taking 3d6 Necrotic damage initially then 1d6 on each consecutive turn after. This effect can not stack on a target more than once.
- Primordial of Storms Magazine- On a hit, the target must make a DC 18 Dexterity Saving Throw or take 2d6 additional lightning damage. Additionally, up to three targets of your choice within fifteen feet of the initial target take 1d6 lightning damage.
Primordial Link Upgrade
Starting at 9th level, your gun has visibly bonded with you, granting you two options as to where it connects. You may select a Primordial Link Upgrade from the list below.
- Psionic Link - Psionic Shot Your rifle and mind have made a psionic connection causing you to predict where non-magical missiles are going to come from. You may now shoot non-magical missiles out of air, as a reaction, up to a range of 30 feet.
- Armament Link - Body Armor The Primordial essence of your rifle has began to strengthen your skin. You may add your Constitution modifier (minimum 1) to your AC.
Primordial Stock Upgrade
Starting at 11th level, the Primordials integrate further into your Rifle, altering and expanding its capabilities. You may select one Primordial Stock Upgrade from the list below.
- Chaos Primordial- Twice per long rest, choose a circular area with a 30 foot radius within 300 feet of you. Every sentient creature within that area must make a DC 19 Constitution Saving Throw or for the next minute must fight their worst fear. This fear is unaffected by spells such as modify memory or other mind tampering effects.
- Law Primordial- Twice per long rest, choose a circular area with a 30 foot radius within 300 feet of you. Every sentient creature within that area must make a DC 19 Wisdom Saving Throw or for the next minute must obey your commands as though they are under the command spell.
- Good Primordial- Twice per long rest, choose a circular area with a 30 foot radius within 300 feet of you. Every sentient creature within that area must make a DC 19 Wisdom Saving Throw or for the next minute are under the effect of the Confusion spell.
- Evil Primordial- One per Long rest, as an action you may create a portal to the shadow-fell beneath the feet of one creature. The creature must make a DC 20 Dexterity Saving Throw or fall inside. Succeed or fail, the portal then closes. 5 minutes later, a similar portal appears in front of you which the creature is dropped out of. The portal opens on a non-harmful or difficult, solid surface in the surrounding area. If no such area is available, the portal opens when such an area becomes available.
Primordial Loading Upgrade
Starting at 13th level, you have learned how to access and harness more complex parts of the Primordials. As such, you have learned how to imbue your bullets with the essence of the Primordials. You may select one Primordial Loading Upgrade from the list below.
- Primordial of Ice- Grants 1d8 Cold damage.
- Primordial of Smoke- Grants 1d8 Poison damage.
- Primordial of Ooze- Grants 1d8 Acid damage.
- Primordial of Magma- Grants 1d8 Fire damage.
Primordial Bi-pod Upgrade
Starting at 15th level, you have taken the power of the darker primordials and incorporated them into your Rifle. You may select one Primordial Bi-pod Upgrade from the list below.
Primordial of the Void- Once per short rest, as an bonus action you may cast Greater Invisibility on yourself. While invisible you may use a bonus action to teleport as if casting Misty Step.
Primordial of Limbo- Once per short rest, you may speak a command word you choose and enter a limbo state allowing you to walk through a solid objects for a minute. Additionally, you become immune to any physical damage for the duration of the limbo effect.
Primordial of Punishment- Once per long rest, you may have a bullet you fire transform upon impact into a Fiend of a CR equal to your level or lower that remains for 1 minute or until it dies. The Fiend is friendly to you and hostile to everyone else, and will obey verbal instructions.
Primordial Merge Upgrade
Starting at 17th level, you and your Rifle, and thus the Primordials it embodies, have become so deeply intertwined as to be inseparable. This has allowed you, not just your Rifle, to harness the power of the Psionic Primordial. You may select two Primordial Merge Upgrades from the list below.
Psionic Reflexes. Grants a +5 to initiative, and if an opponent makes a melee attack against you, you may use your reaction to make a DC 15 Dexterity check. On a success, the attack misses.
Psionic Form. Twice every long rest, you may become psionic energy for a number of rounds equal to your Dexterity modifier + your Proficiency bonus. While in Psionic form, you have a +5 to Stealth checks and can fit through spaces of up to 1 inch.
Psionic Lash. Once per long rest, you may fire a giant psionic lash in a 45 foot cone that deals 14d10 physic damage.
Psionic Pulse. Once, per long rest, choose a circular area with a 30 foot radius within 150 feet of you. Every sentient creature within that area must make a DC 20 Dexterity Saving Throw or fall unconscious.
Psionic Blade. As an action, you may make a melee attack against 1 target within 10 feet of you. On a hit, you deal 2d10 Piercing damage, as if by a magical weapon, and 2d10 Force damage.
Psionic Remnants. When you are reduced to 0 hit-points you may choose to fuel yourself with the remnants of latent psionic energy, springing back to your feet, regaining 50 hit-points. Additionally, you expel a large amount of psionic energy in a 30 foot sphere centered on you. Any hostile creature in the radius must make a DC 20 Dexterity Saving Throw or take 6d8 physic damage.
Starting at 20th level, you have become an embodiment of a Primordial Rifle and have unlocked the ability to take on the form of a primordial for one minute. You transform into a being of pure psionic energy. While in your primordial form all of your attacks have a bonus 4d10 physic damage added to them, you gain a +3 to AC and become resistant to all types of damage. Additionally, when your form ends you combust causing an explosion to erupt in a 45 foot sphere centered on you. Each creature within the sphere must make a DC 26 Dexterity saving throw taking 20d6 physic damage on a failure or half as much on a successful one. You regain the ability to use the form after finishing a long rest.
Aim of the Chosen
As a Chosen, you are chosen for battle, and the one doing the most killing. Nothing can stop you or your rifle from your task.
- Misty Shot
Starting at 3rd level, you gain the ability to teleport up to sixty feet as if casting Misty Step for free immediately after firing a shot. You may roll a Stealth check to become shrouded in black mist becoming concealed for one turn or until you shoot again.
- Endless Rend
Starting at 6th level, your bullets let nothing stand between them and their target. You gain an additional +4 to hit when you shoot using your Primordial Rifle. Additionally, on a successful hit you inflict an initial 4d6 bleeding effect to the target the target takes an additional 2d6 bleeding on their turn until a DC 18 Medicine check is completed successfully. This damage increases from d6 to d8 at the 10th level, from d8 to d10 at the 14th level and from d10 to d12 at the 18th level. You regain the use of this feature once you have finished a long rest.
- Psionic Wave
Starting at 10th level, you make sure that no enemy can flee from you. Twice per short rest, you may fire a purple wave of psionic energy from your rifle in a 30 foot cone that extends 120 feet, dealing no damage but every creature within the cone accumulates two points of exhaustion.
- Chosen Damage
Starting at 14th level, your Rifle's damage may not be lowered nor mitigated. Any damage you deal with your Rifle or its abilities overcomes Resistance. At 20th level, any damage you deal with your Rifle or its abilities also overcomes Immunity.
- Yaka Shot
Starting at 18th level, you have mastered control of your bullets. As such, you have been granted by the primordials a shot to destroy armies. Once per week, you may as an Action fire a Yaka Shot. You control the path and power of your bullet with your mind. This shot always hits. The initial target takes 4d10 Physic and 4d10 Necrotic damage which ignores resistance. The bullet then seeks out every visible hostile creature you choose dealing half as much damage as the initial shot to each creature hit. There is no limit to the amount of creatures that can be hit but a creature may only be hit once.
Aim of the Night-Stalker
"You are the killer of kings, and the slayer of emperors. Or are you? After all, no one ever saw you do it."
- Spectre Step
Starting at 3rd level, as your mastery of the primordials grow you learn to place dark energies around your feet. Spectre step makes your steps have no sound, regardless of the surface you are moving across. You also have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks that rely on moving silently. Your base movement speed is increased by half of your current movement speed. Additionally, as a bonus action you can cast the misty step spell for free.
- Pocket Void
Starting at 6th level, once per short rest you gain the ability to cast Dimension Door.
- Walking Spectre
Starting at 10th level, a ghostly figure of yourself fights by your side. The figure copy's your exact movements, actions, ability's and emotions but deals half of your damage. The figure has half your hp and when it dies it re-appears after a long rest.
- Spectre In The Walls
Starting at 14th level, once per long rest you may choose to enter Apparition for one minute. While in Apparition, you appear to be a translucent black and white figure. Additionally, while in Apparition, anyone who sees you and then looks away from you must make a DC 25 Wisdom Saving Throw or lose all memory of having seen you for that period of time. This memory may not be regained through any means except by a Wish spell.
- Seven-Sided Shot
Starting at 18th level, pick a point you can see within 600 feet and speak the command word you choose to cause a 60 foot sphere centered on the point you chose. You then may choose one creature within the sphere, once chosen seven ghostly figures appear and shoot the targeted creature for your full damage. Roll to hit for each shot. If all seven shots hit all seven become critical hits.
Aim of the Psyker
You have chosen to forgo the basic physical paths to delve into the bond between you and the primordials. With a greater understanding comes increased power to you and the primordials.
- Psionic Smite
Starting at 3rd level, as a bonus action you may use Psionic Smite to smite a target within 120 feet of you that you can see dealing 1d6 physic damage. This damage increases to 2d6 at 6th level, 3d6 at 10th, 4d6 at 14th, 5d6 at 18th and 6d6 at 20th level.
- Psionic Soul Leech
Starting at 6th level, as an action you may cast your Psionic Soul Leech to deal 2d8+4 physic damage and regain hit points equal to the amount of damage dealt.
- Psionic Combustion
Starting at 10th level, once per long rest if a target is either unconscious or making death saving throws, you may choose to expend your action to cause the targets mind to combust killing them immediately.
- Vortex of the Primordials
Starting at 14th level, once per long rest you may tear a rift in the material realm. Out of the tear giant orbs of physic energy plummet to the ground in two different points you can see within range. Each creature in a 40-foot-radius sphere centered on each point you choose must make a Dexterity saving throw. The sphere spreads around corners. A creature takes 15d6 physic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. A creature in the area of more than one orb burst is affected only once.
- Psionic Hemorrhage
Starting at 18th level, you have mastered your psionic potential. Once per long rest, you may set a targeted creatures mind ablaze causing their blood to boil and tear them asunder from the inside dealing 12d8+40 Physic damage.
Prerequisites. To qualify for multiclassing into the Planar Sniper class, you must meet these prerequisites: Dexterity 15, have a Primordial Rifle