People in Black (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
People in Black
The People in Black (PiB for short) are a race of extraterrestrials that function as the cleaners of the universe - they do their best to keep the secret of the paranormal (magical or not) from becoming public property.
PiB are seemingly always very cold and rational. However, if someone they care about is in danger, they may reveal a more human-like personality.
There is no physical difference between PiB and humans.
They usually pose as regular humans, and react as expected from humans.
Usually some kinds of neutral, but good or evil ones aren't inconceivable.
They hardly worship any deities at all.
- +22 Strength, +12 Dexterity, +18 Constitution, +8 Intelligence, +12 Wisdom, +8 Charisma. PiB surpass humans in any domain.
- Medium Outsider (Native): The PiB aren't from earth, however still from the Material Plane.
- PiB base land speed is 300 feet per round. They also have swimming speed, climbing speed and flight speed (maneuverability perfect) 300 feet per round.
- Heightened Senses: PiB have heightened senses. They have blindsight out to 60 feet and blindsenseout to 300 feet, Advanced Scent within 300 feet, Perfect Darkvision, micro vision and telescopic vision up to distance of 2 miles. Moreover, by focusing, PiB can gain the benefits of Perfect Status Vision (e.g. can bypass magical cloaking, invisibility, camouflage etc., can see through illusions, can see the true form of polymorphed/changed/transmuted things, can see ethereal creatures and manifestations), albeit only as long as they focus.
- Alter Appearance: PiB can alter at will the particular features of themselves and their clothing; they can assume virtually any humanoid-shaped form and nigh-unlimitedly alter the formation of their clothes and accessories, even materialize new ones. They also can do things like dry themselves if they get wet or fix their clothes/accessories if they are somehow damaged. This is an actual alteration, not an illusion. This ability provides them with a +10 bonus on Disguise checks.
- Immortality: PiB do not age beyond their physical prime, and have unlimited lifespan. They require very little sleep, and an intense physical effort is required in order to tire them. They also require no oxygen or nutrition, but are capable of breathing normally and can consume and completely digest almost any organic substance, as well as some non-organic substances.
- Supernatural Durability: PiB, while are not beyond pain, are generally unaffected by conventional harm, even if said harm has physically damaged them. They are also far more resistant than humans. They have damage reduction 20/-, a +10 bonus to natural armor, resistance 10 to all elements and immunity to non-magical poisons and mental effects.
- Healing Factor: PiB possess a potent healing factor, able to quickly heal most injuries, and even regrow entire parts of their body. However, magic, along with sufficiently severe physical trauma, can hinder their healing factor; they have regeneration 10/magic or epic (+6) and fast healing 1, and restore 1 point of ability damage per round and 1 point of drained ability per minute. If PiB lose a body part, even entire limbs, these regrow in 2d6 minutes.
- Enhanced Brain Capability: PiB possess enhanced brain capability, and can process information much quicker and more efficiently than humans. They gain 12 times skill point per level than they should by their class, and can act twice per round. They also have perfect photographic memory that cannot be altered under normal circumstances.
- Enhanced Immune System: PiB are immune to all natural diseases. However, most supernatural/magical diseases can still affect them, albeit only to a limited degree.
- Surface Clinging: PiB can walk, crawl and climb on surfaces at any angle, even perfectly flat and smooth ones, and even in ways that normally defy gravity, without making a Climb check, similarly to the effect of the spell Spider Climb. However, while they will not fall as long as they remain in contact with at least one surface, they are still subject to any other effect of gravity (albeit, they can negate a fall simply by clinging to a surface).
- Invisibility: PiB can become invisible at will. Everything they wear becomes invisible along with them, and they can make anything they carry, including other creatures, invisible as well, as long as their volume is equal to or smaller than twice their own. While invisible, PiB receive a +20 bonus on Move Silently and Hide checks. While invisible, they cannot be detected by Darkvision or See Invisibility, but True Seeing reveals them immediately.
- Accelerated Movement: PiB can temporarily accelerate their own movement speed to such a degree that everyone else seem to be frozen in time, creating a similar effect to that of the spell Time Stop. However, unlike with the spell, they can affect other creatures and objects that are being worn or carried by other creatures during the effect of the ability. This ability effectively allows them to access "speed time", during which everything that moves in less than 600 feet per round is motionless, and everything that moves in less than 3000 per round is too slow to matter (or to notice something other than a blur of motion). PiB that do not activate this ability cannot perceive "speed time", although, due to their unique familiarity with the phenomenon, they can realize whether and when it was accessed if they notice its outcomes. For similar reasons, PiB cannot bring normal people to "speed time"; however, multiple PiB are able to share "speed time" if they use this ability simultaneously. PiB cannot remain in "speed time" indefinitely; they can only access it for a number of rounds equal to their HD (in "speed time"; in reality, only a fraction of a second pass), and, after they exit "speed time", they cannot access it again for 1d4 minutes.
- Dangerous: PiB's natural attacks are treated as epic (+6) magical weapons for the purpose of overcoming DR, and deal damage as if they are 2 size categories larger than they actually are. Additionally, they can use their spell-like abilities as usual under antimagic field and similar effects.
- Spell-Like Abilities: At will - Displacement (self only), Feather Fall, Greater Telekinesis, Heal, Programed Amnesia, Unbounded Teleportation. Basic caster level is 20. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- PiB receive a +20 racial bonus on Athletics, Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive and Spot checks.
- PiB automatically gain the following feats, even if they don't meet their prerequisites: Alertness, Diehard, Endurance,Improved Unarmed Strike, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Track and Two-Weapon Fighting.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Arcane. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: +16
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|