Pegasus Pony (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Pegasi are violent and brash, but get on well with anyone. They learn to fight at a young age, and it shows, but unlike Earth Ponies they actively befriend predators, sometimes fighting alongside them in battle. They are also proficient brewers...
Pegasi are the smallest of the three pony races, but benefit from their wings and an incredible speed. They are similarly bright colours to their cousins, but their skill at evading or dealing damage has meant that only a fool would hunt a pegasus.
A Pegasus tends to get along with anyone, and since they often hire themselves off as mercenaries it is rare to find two towns with similar opinions on them. Griffons and other ponies tend to be their closest friends.
Unlike the other ponies, Pegasi share a strong moral code, and are usually Lawful, but favour no good-evil alignment.
Pegasi have the unusual ability to shape clouds to their whim. They either live in grand cloud-cities in the sky, or among other sentient races, but some are proficient travellers.
Pegasi worship any god, but especially Celestia, Luna, Fharlanghn or Ehlonna
Pegasi speak the language of any races nearby, and have their own language, which among other pony species has become a standard for financial or war-based conversation.
Pegasi take names from a mark they gain on their flank at about the age of six, and until then are named after various weather conditions or phenomena.
Female names: Derpy Hooves, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy
- +4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, -4 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Pegasi are fast, hit hard, and very charming, but don't take damage well and don't always know when to shut their mouths.
- Magical Beast: With wings and their weather manipulation abilities, all pegasi are magical beyond doubt.
- Small: Pegasi have a +4 bonus on Hide checks, and a +2 bonus to AC
- Pegasus base land speed is 300 feet: Pegasi also have a fly speed of 40 feet (perfect manuverability).
- Beast of the Sky: Pegasi can move and create clouds by pushing them, and can either force them to rain or drop a bolt of lightning. They also have 'Flight' as a class skill.
- I Just Don't Know What Went Wrong: A pegasus has Damage Reduction (Electricity) 3.
- All About Business: Pegasi have a +2 modifier on Bluff, Sense Motive, or Diplomacy rolls when money is involved, but otherwise have a -4 modifier.
- Made of Soft: To a pegasus, a cloud is a small to large sized object which forms at height 400ft. They may sleep on the cloud, lower it, or even build with it, and objects made by pegasi treat clouds in the same manner.
- All pegasi are proficient with all martial or simple weapons.
- A pegasus may turn or rebuke air elemental as a Cleric of the appropriate alignment turns or rebukes undead. They can use this ability 4 times per day.
- Automatic Languages: Common + any 2 others. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|45 years||60 years||80 years||+2d6 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 8"||+2d4||50lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||2' 6"||+1d6||45 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|