Pathorneans (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
After reaching the young age of ten all Pathoneans are drafted into the guard where they are trained ruthlessly to protect their Emperor. Each day is split up into four sections.
The first section is hunting in which you hunt for your own food.
If you do not catch your own meal you do not eat for the day (If none if found the swamps they reside in are filled with berries and other small fruits which give them the nutrition
needed to survive. The second section is hand to hand combat with a dummy. Here each Pathornean develop their own combat skills.
The third section is an injection of a fluid known as Cacintonin. In high doses this fluid is extremely lethal, however during
the course of this training period it is injected in small doses daily.
This fluid allows an elemental property to appear in each Pathonean. The final section is only when each trainee is allowed to graduate. They are forced to battle to the death with other trainees.
Only those strong enough survive and serve the Emperor. After they graduate from the academy they are placed into one of four sub sections
The Royal Guard - The knights which guard the king.
The Town Guard - Those who guard the citizens
The Research Institution - Those who develop new ways to strengthen their race.
The Agent - The highest of Pathornean status. They are capable of going where they wish when they wish. They are said to have power equal to the emperor.
Pathorneans are usually six to eight feet in height.
Because of their diet, usually never seen eating meat they tend to remain skinny, however due to to the environments in which they reside daily work gives them a muscular appearance.
They remain under 150 pounds. They have ghastly white skin and white eyes due to them being blind.
Their fingers tend to be longer and their nails tend to sharp like claws.
Pathorneans tend to get along with all races unless provoked
Pathorneans are usually to be seen as neutral beings. However, some have drifted to the sides of good or evil.
Pathorneans perfer to live and combat in swamps, tight quarters, and dark areas.
- +6 Constitution +4 Str +2 Dexterity -2 Charisma
- Humanoid(Swampfolk): They come from Swamps
- Pathornean base land speed is feet:
- Racial Feat: Once per day a Pathornean has the ability to create a swamp-like illusion. This illusion gives the feeling all players (Enemy and ally) are in a swamp. This allows the Pathornean to go back to their training and boosting their combat capabilities tenfold. While those who are not use to the feeling of the suffocating swamps Pathorneans live are weakened by half.
- Blindsight - The ability to "see" as all Pathorneans are blind. Because of this, they can detect any changes in pressure, vibrations, sound, etc. This allows them to dodge incoming attacks easier than a normal human.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Pathornean
- Favored Class: Knight
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|