Overpowered Vampire (3.5e Epic Racial Template)
From D&D Wiki
AUTHOR'S NOTE: I am well aware that this race is inbalanced. It is designed to be so. Please don't edit anything in this page except spelling mistakes.
The overpowered vampires, which were accidentally created thousands of years ago by powerful wizard who tried to create the perfect species, are far more powerful than most mundane beings, as well as some cosmic beings. Among the pre-cosmic level, they can be easily considered as one of the most powerful species that exist. Overpowered vampires are nigh-invulnerable - their tissues are extremely durable, and provide them with defense against low-level attacks, and, while not beyond pain, they are mostly unaffected by conventional harm, even if said harm has physically damaged them. However, their body texture is still near-identical to that of mortal beings. In fact, hiding their true nature is one of the things they specialize at; they possess an amazing shapeshifting ability that allows them to hide their true nature with ease. They rarely turn others, and prefer to reproduce with each other instead. While they physically mature at the same rate as humans do, their mental development is much quicker; even as newborns, their mental capability is such, that in a few weeks after the birth they already learn how to walk, talk and read perfectly. They are born with all of their teeth and fangs, and also learn very quickly how to conceal their true nature. Hybrids, while are mostly overpowered vampires, also inherit the beneficial traits of the other parent. As overpowered vampires are anyway extremely powerful, and possess a variety of abilities, in most cases it doesn't really matter. However, in case the other parent wasn't mortal, they may inherit some unique abilities. Born overpowered vampires age until their prime and then stop aging. Turned overpowered vampires that were in their middle age or older when they were turned simply stop aging. Overpowered vampires that were turned before their prime still age at the regular rate for their old race until their prime, and then stop aging. Regardless of their seeming physical age, overpowered vampires never feel the negative effects of aging.
As the base race, although sometimes they are more aggressive.
As the base race, except very pale, the irises (if have) turn red and possess sharp fangs and claws. However, they can hide their vampiric features using their shapeshifting ability.
Evil ones treat other races as food. Good once usually feed on animals and act respectfully to sapient races.
As the base race.
As the base race.
- +60 to Strength, +32 to Dexterity, +26 to Constitution, +12 to Intelligence, +16 to Wisdom, +16 to Charisma, +2 to Comeliness. Overpowered vampires are highly surpassing mortals, both physically and mentally, and are very charming and physically attractive.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Shapechanger, Vampire). Racial HDs are d20.
- Overpowered vampire base land speed is 3000 feet per round (technically, the original race base speed is multiplied hundredfold). They acquire swimming speed, climbing speed and flight speed (maneuverability perfect) equal to their ground speed.
- Damage Reduction: 40/magic, epic (+6), anti-vampiric. Overpowered vampires are mostly unaffected by most physical injuries. They are also very resistant to magic; they have Spell Resistance 60
- Advanced Healing Factor: Overpowered vampires heal extremely fast; they have regeneration 20/magic, epic (+6), anti-vampiric, and fast healing 5, and restore 5 point of ability damage and 1 point of drained ability per round. Furthermore, any defect of their senses is mended, and born ones cannot receive any natural defect to their senses.
- Armor Class: The base creature's natural armor is +20. The flesh of overpowered vampires is very durable, affording them with defense against low-level attacks such as small/low-velocity projectiles. Furthermore, whenever they are directly subjected to an offensive spell, and it does not bypass their Spell Resistance, roll d10; in result of 10-9, the spell ricochet from their skin and is reflected directly unto the caster, hitting them with full force. In result of 8-5, the spell ricochet from their skin and is reflected unto a random target within the spell's range (it still may be the caster), hitting them with half force (1/2 damage). In result of 4-1, the spell is harmlessly negated.
- Heightened Senses: The senses of overpowered vampires are extremely heightened. They have Blindsight out to 600 feet, Blindsense out to 1 mile, Highly Advanced Scent within 1 mile, Perfect Status Vision, micro vision and telescopic vision up to distance of 8 miles.
- Blood Hunger: Overpowered vampires must regularly consume blood in order to maintain their health. If they abstain from blood for a month, they become starved. Any kind of blood is nutrient for them, including vampiric blood, and it doesn't need to be fresh blood. While they are starved, if a creature bleeds nearby, they must succeed in a Will save at dc 30 or to wildly attack the bleeding creature. If an overpowered vampire remains starved for two months, they become permanently fatigued. If an overpowered vampire remains starved for four months, they become permanently exhausted. If an overpowered vampire remains starved for a year, they into catatonic state that lasts until they are fed with blood.
- Blood Drain: Overpowered vampires can suck blood from a living victim or a fresh corpse from an open wound. If there isn't one, they can make one by biting it, with or without their fangs (making a successful grapple check). If they succeed, they drain blood, dealing 2d12 hit points damage each round the pin is maintained. On each such successful attack, the overpowered vampire regains half the damage they cause. Any hit points they regain beyond their maximum hit points they gain as temporary hit points. A successful use of this ability also resets the counting of the Blood Hunger.
- Natural Attacks: Overpowered vampires have two primary claw attacks and secondary bite attack and slam attack. Their natural weapons overcome any DR except DR/-. Their natural attacks deal damage according to the following table.
Size Damage Fine 1d4 Diminutive 1d6 Tiny 1d8 Small 2d6 Medium 2d8 Large 4d6 Huge 4d8 Gargantuan 8d6 Colossal 8d8
- Hypnosis: Overpowered vampires can hypnotize any being with a weaker will than their own (failing on a Will save) to do whatever they say, simply by looking unto their eyes. This is similar to a gaze attack, except the overpowered vampire must use a standard action, and those merely looking at them are not affected. They can commend a hypnotized creature to do anything, including killing others and even themselves, and their control lasts until they wish to end it. However, they have to verbally command whomever they hypnotized. While someone is under their control, they can alter and/or erase any of their extant memories, and/or implant new, fake memories. The ability has a range of 60 feet.
- Shapeshifting: Overpowered vampires can assume at will the form of every creature that is lesser than a demigod. While in an alternate form, overpowered vampires lose their own natural attacks, but acquire the natural weapons and extraordinary special attacks of their new form, and retain their own supernatural abilities and ability scores. They can shift from one form to another without having to revert to their original form. They can also change their physical qualities (hair color/texture, skin color, gender etc.), grating them a +20 bonus on Disguise checks.
- Mist Form: Overpowered vampires can transform at will into a Medium cloud of mist. While in mist form, they can't speak or manipulate objects. They become weightless, retain their flight speed, and can enter a hostile creature's space and stop there. In addition, if air can pass through a space, the mist can do so without squeezing, though it cannot pass through water. They also become immune to all conventional damage. If they are attacked by a magical, semi-magical or psionic harmful area effect, they must succeed in a Will save at DC equal to 20 + the caster/manifester level of the effect or they will receive half damage from the said harmful effect and, if they had failed in at least 10 points, will revert to their original form.
- Advanced Immortality: Overpowered vampires have unlimited lifespan and never feel the negative effects of aging, regardless of their seeming physical age. They can only be killed through beheading (complete only; partial beheading, while excruciating, isn’t fatal for them). That isn't necessarily permanent, though; the overpowered vampire will be revived in full health should the head would be reattached by someone else. Also, the head, while not remain truly animated, will reattach itself in a few minutes if it won't be kept away from the body. The only way to permanently kill them is to completely destroy their body (good luck with that - it still possesses all of its immunities). They require no sleep, and an extreme physical effort is required in order to tire them. They also require no oxygen or sustenance (except blood), but can breathe normally, as well as can consume and completely digest almost any organic substance, as well as some non-organic substances (it gives them no nutrition though).
- Advanced Immunity: Overpowered vampires are absolutely immune to all common vampiric weaknesses, as well as transmutation, mental effects and all elements. However, their elemental immunity may still be bypassed by divine-level sources.
- Advanced Adhesion: Overpowered vampires can walk, crawl and climb on surfaces at any angle as if the gravity was directed to these surfaces, as though with an advanced spider climb spell. They can extend the effect to other creatures they touch.
- Advanced Telekinesis: Overpowered vampires can move objects and beings with the power of their mind, in weight of up to 600 pounds per HD. They can affect multiple objects/beings simultaneously as long as their collective weight doesn't pass the limit of maximum weight they can telekinetically affect. They also can affect something they do not currently see, as long as they know its general location and it is within a distance of 30 feet per HD from them.
- Turning: Overpowered vampires can turn humanoids or monstrous humanoids into overpowered vampires by biting them with their fangs and deliberately injecting their venom into their body (the venom is only released if they desire so). The transformation is highly painful (due to the massive mutation), though also very quick; it takes only 10d4 rounds.
- Enhanced Immune System: Overpowered vampires are completely immune to all diseases, including any kind of supernatural and magical diseases. They also suffer no effect, negative or positive, if overpowered vampire venom enters their bloodstream.
- Enhanced Brain Activity: Overpowered vampires possess an enhanced brain activity, which allows them to act and process information much faster than humans. They gain a +20 bonus on Initiative checks and 20 times skill points per level than they should by their class, and can act four times per round. They also have perfect photographic memory.
- Overpowered vampires have a +20 racial bonus on Athletics, Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks and a +10 racial bonus on Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Nature), and Knowledge (Religion) checks.
- Overpowered vampires gain the feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Deflect Arrows, Distant Shot, Dodge, Exceptional Deflection, Far Shot, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Improved Precise Shot, Improved Toughness, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Unarmed Strike, Iron Will, Legendary Wrestler, Lightning Reflexes, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Psychic Ability, Reflect Arrows, Snatch Arrows, Superior Initiative, Supreme Strength, and Two-Weapon Fighting, even if the base creature isn't meets the prerequisites. Born overpowered vampires do not automatically receive all of those feats upon birth, rather slowly develop them during their late childhood and puberty.
- Dominant DNA: An overpowered vampire hybrid provides all the benefits and the abilities of both species, regardless, and only acquires the weaknesses of the non-overpowered vampire parent only if those are dominant to the species. However, the overpowered vampire half is always the dominant half, even if normally the other half is the dominant half (hence, an overpowered vampire hybrid always have the trait Blood Hunger).
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +30
Unless noted otherwise, overpowered vampire's base race is always human.
|As the basic race||+2d%||+3d%||+4d%|
|Middle Age||Old||Venerable||Ancient||Maximum Age|
|1200 years||2400 years||4000 years||8000 years||-|
Overpowered vampires, like most vampire species, grow stronger with age, however do so extremely slowly - while a 200-year-old overpowered vampire is stronger than a newly-turned overpowered vampire, the latter can still overpower the former if sufficiently motivated.