Overpowered Vampire (3.5e Epic Racial Template)
From D&D Wiki
AUTHOR'S NOTE: I am well aware that this race is a bit inbalanced. It designed to be so. Please don't edit anything in this page except spelling mistakes.
The overpowered vampires, which accidentally created thousands of years ago by powerful wizard who tried to create the perfect species, are more powerful than any earthly creature, likewise most of the non-earthly ones. In fact, among the pre-cosmic level, they are one of the most powerful creatures that exist. Overpowered vampires' body is one of the toughest things that exist- most things that hit it will either break, shatter, crush or ricochet (or any combination of them) without leave any damage at all. Simply in order to crack through their skin a weapon must be highly enchanted, made out of a very strong alloy or an advanced technology. Despite that toughness, their skin is soft to touch, just like ordinary mortal's skin. In fact, one of the things they specialize in is pretending they are much lesser thing than they actually are. They possess a group of abilities, which are known together as Facade of Mortality, which allow them to hide their true nature with ease. They mostly duplicate by reproduce with each other, and rarely turn others into overpowered vampires. While they physically mature in the same rate as humans, their mental development is much faster; in a few weeks after the birth they already learn how to walk, talk and read perfectly. They born with all their teeth and fangs, and learn very quickly the importance of hiding their true nature. Hybrids, while are mostly overpowered vampires, also inherit all the abilities of the other parent. As overpowered vampires are anyway extremely powerful, in most cases it doesn't really matters. However, in case the other parent wasn't mortal, they can inherit some special abilities. Born overpowered vampires age until their prime and then stop aging. Turned overpowered vampires who were in their middle age or older when they were turned reversed in their physical age back to their prime. Overpowered vampires who were turned before their prime still aging in the regular rate for their old race until their prime, and then stop aging. Even through the use of magic, they can't physically age beyond their prime, but they can use their shapeshift ability to look older.
As the base race, although sometimes they are more aggressive.
As the base race, except very pale, the irises (if have) turn red and possess sharp fangs and claws. It can look like it was before, although (see Facade of Mortality).
Evil ones treat other races as food. Good once usually feed on animals and act respectfully to sapient races.
As the base race.
As the base race.
- +40 Strength, +32 Dexterity, +26 Constitution, +22 Intelligence, +22 Wisdom, +22 Charisma, +2 Comeliness. Overpowered vampires are highly surpassing mortals, both physically and mentally, and are very charming. Although they have a constitution score (because their metabolism is mostly active), they never tire.
- Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid (Vampire). All HD are always d12.
- Overpowered vampire base land speed is 30000 feet per round. (Technically, the original race base speed is multiplied thousandfold). Acquire swimming speed, climbing speed with Spider Climb and flight speed (maneuverability perfect) as ground speed.
- Damage Reduction: 40/adamantine and magic, epic, anti-vampiric. Also have Spell Resistance 60
- Regeneration: 20/adamantine and magic, epic, anti-vampiric.
- Armor Class: The base creature's natural armor is +40
- Highly Enhanced Senses: Blindsight out to 600 feet, Blindsense out to 1 mile, Highly Advanced Scent (Like Enhanced Scent, but within 1 mile), Perfect Status Vision, micro vision and telescopic vision up to distance of 8 miles.
- Blood Hunger: Overpowered vampires must consume (at least) one pint of blood per two weeks or they will become Fatigued (no save). Lack of nutrition is the only thing that can tire them, and they can recover from it only by drinking at least one pint of blood. A successful use of Blood Drain also resets the counting of the Blood Hunger.
- Blood Drain: Overpowered vampires can suck blood from a living victim or fresh corpse with its fangs by making a successful grapple check. If it pins the foe, it drains blood, dealing 2d12 hit points damage each round the pin is maintained. On each such successful attack, the overpowered vampire regains half the damage it deals. Any hit points that it regain beyond its maximum hit points it gain as temporary hit points.
- Natural Attacks: Overpowered vampires have two primary claw attacks and secondary bite attack and slam attack. Their natural weapons overcome any DR except DR/-. Their natural attacks deal damage according to the following table.
Size Damage Fine 1d4 Diminutive 1d6 Tiny 1d8 Small 2d6 Medium 2d8 Large 4d6 Huge 4d8 Gargantuan 8d6 Colossal 8d8
- Dominate: Overpowered vampires can crush an opponent’s will just by looking onto its eyes. This is similar to a gaze attack, except that the overpowered vampire must use a standard action, and those merely looking at it are not affected. Anyone the overpowered vampire targets must succeed on a Will save or fall instantly under the overpowered vampire’s influence as though by a dominate monster spell (caster level 20). The ability has a range of 60 feet.
- Facade of Mortality: This power allows the overpowered vampire to conceal its true nature from other non-vampires. As 1 move action, an overpowered vampire can pull its fangs in or out their scabbards, to change the length of its nails and/or the color of its eyes. It also can add some color to its skin, however it still will be pale. Even experienced vampire hunters can be fooled by this ability. Only the most veteran of hunters or a true prodigy can discern a vampire’s true nature while the vampire is using this power. The vampire can still use any of its powers while using Facade of Mortality, and it can retrieve its fangs or claws to feed or attack or to change its eyes color without annulling other effects of this power.
- Shapeshift: Overpowered vampires can take at will the form of every creature that is lesser than a demigod. This ability gives them a +20 bonus on disguise checks.
- Mist Form: Overpowered vampires can take at will a gaseous form similar to compressed mist. In this form they keep their flight speed and become immune to any damage of any kind. They can stay in this form as long as they want.
- Advanced Immortality: Overpowered vampires can die only by decapitation by an epic adamantine magical antì-vampiric blade. That is not necessarily permanent, though; the overpowered vampire will be revived in full health if the head would be attached by someone else. Also, the head, while not truly remain animated, will reattach itself in a few minutes if it won't be kept away from the body. The only way to permanently kill them is to completely destroy their body (good luck with that- it still have all its immunities). They never tire, and do not require sustenance (but blood), rest or oxygen, although can sleep and breathe, if desire so.
- Advanced Immunity: Overpowered vampires are absolutely immune to any common Vampiric weakness, as well as energy/ability drain/damage, transmutation, mental effects, all elements and holy/unholy damage.
- Advanced Telekinesis: Greater telekinesis, spell-like ability, at will, caster level 20.
- Control Weather: Control weather, spell like ability, at will, caster level 20. Change in weather occurs in 1d4 minutes.
- Turning: Overpowered vampires can turn humanoids or monstrous humanoids into overpowered vampires by biting them and inject their venom into their body. The transformation is highly painful, though also very quick; it takes only 10d4 rounds.
- Enhanced Immune System: Overpowered vampires are immune to all diseases including supernatural and magical diseases.
- Superlative Strength: While the strength of overpowered vampires is mostly metaphysical, their inhumanly dense muscles and bones considerably boost it up; they acquire a +10 bonus on any Strength-based check they make.
- Enhanced Brain Activity: Overpowered vampires possess an enhanced brain activity, which allows them to act and process information much faster than humanly possible. They gain a +20 bonus to Initiative and 20 times skill points per level than they should by their class, and can act twice per round. They also have perfect photographic memory.
- +20 racial bonus on Athletics, Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks and a +10 racial bonus on Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Nature), and Knowledge (Religion) checks.
- Gain the feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Deflect Arrows, Distant Shot, Dodge, Exceptional Deflection, Far Shot, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Improved Precise Shot, Improved Toughness, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Unarmed Strike, Iron Will, Legendary Wrestler, Lightning Reflexes, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Psychic Ability, Reflect Arrows, Snatch Arrows, Superior Initiative, Supreme Strength, and Two-Weapon Fighting, even if the base creature isn't meets the prerequisites.
- Dominant DNA: A hybrid provides all the benefits and the abilities of both this race and the other race.
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +30
Unless noted otherwise, overpowered vampire's base race is always human.
New Ability: Regeneration
It's very hard to kill creatures who have this ability. Creatures with this ability constantly heal, like the ability fast healing, except they can't die as long as their regeneration ability is active (although they still pass out if they goes below 0 hit points). Damage that cause by some means, usually by fire, acid or some kind of material, cause the creature's regeneration to stop working for the round after the attack. In this round, the creature doesn't heal damage and can die as usual. The creature data describes the means that cause his regeneration to stop working.
Regeneration can't heal attacks that don’t deal hit point damage. Regeneration also doesn't restore hit points lost from starvation, thirst, or suffocation. Regenerating creatures can regrow lost portions of their bodies and can reattach severed limbs or body parts. Severed parts that are not reattached wither and die normally. Creature must have constitution score to have regeneration ability.
|As the basic race||+2d%||+3d%||+4d%|
|Middle Age||Old||Venerable||Ancient||Maximum Age|
|1200 years||2400 years||4000 years||8000 years||-|
Overpowered vampires get +1 to all of their physical abilities (until they reach 120) and +1 to all of their mental abilities (until they reach 160) every 200 years. They also get +100 feet to their base speed every 200 years.