Overpowered Vampire (3.5e Epic Racial Template)
From D&D Wiki
AUTHOR'S NOTE: I am well aware that this race is a bit inbalanced. It designed to be so. Please don't edit anything in this page except spelling mistakes.
The overpowered vampires, which accidentally created thousands of years ago by powerful wizard who tried to create the perfect species, are more powerful than any earthly creature, likewise most of the non-earthly ones. Within the pre-cosmic level, they can be easily considered among the most powerful species that exist. The body of overpowered vampires is one of the toughest things that exist - most things that hit it will either break, shatter, crush or ricochet (or any combination of them) without leave any damage at all. Simply in order to crack through their skin a weapon must be highly enchanted, made out of a very strong alloy or an advanced technology. Despite that toughness, their skin is soft to touch, just like ordinary mortal's skin. In fact, hiding their true nature is one of the things they specialize at; they possess an amazing shapeshifting ability that allows them to hide their true nature with ease. They mostly duplicate by reproduce with each other, and rarely turn others into overpowered vampires. While they physically mature in the same rate as humans, their mental development is much faster; in a few weeks after the birth they already learn how to walk, talk and read perfectly. They are born with all of their teeth (and fangs), and learn very quickly of the importance of hiding their true nature. Hybrids, while are mostly overpowered vampires, also inherit all the beneficial traits of the other parent. As overpowered vampires are anyway extremely powerful, and possess a variety of abilities, in most cases it doesn't really matter. However, in case the other parent wasn't mortal, they may inherit some unique abilities. Born overpowered vampires age until their prime and then stop aging. Turned overpowered vampires that were in their middle age or older when they were turned revert in their physical age back to their prime. Overpowered vampires that were turned before their prime still aging in the regular rate for their old race until their prime, and then stop aging. Even through the use of magic, they cannot physically age beyond their prime, but they can use their shapeshift ability to look older.
As the base race, although sometimes they are more aggressive.
As the base race, except very pale, the irises (if have) turn red and possess sharp fangs and claws. However, they can hide their vampiric features using their shapeshifting ability.
Evil ones treat other races as food. Good once usually feed on animals and act respectfully to sapient races.
As the base race.
As the base race.
- +40 Strength, +32 Dexterity, +26 Constitution, +22 Intelligence, +22 Wisdom, +22 Charisma, +2 Comeliness. Overpowered vampires are highly surpassing mortals, both physically and mentally, and are very charming.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Shapechanger, Vampire). Racial HD are d12.
- Overpowered vampire base land speed is 30000 feet per round. (Technically, the original race base speed is multiplied thousandfold). Acquire swimming speed, climbing speed with Spider Climb and flight speed (maneuverability perfect) as ground speed.
- Damage Reduction: 40/magic, epic, anti-vampiric. Overpowered vampires are basically unaffected from most physical injuries. They are also very resistant to magic; they have Spell Resistance 60
- Regeneration: 20/magic, epic, anti-vampiric. Furthermore, any defect of their senses is mended, and born overpowered vampires cannot receive any natural defect to their senses.
- Armor Class: The base creature's natural armor is +40. Overpowered vampires' flesh is extremely tough and dense, making them incredibly hard to damage.
- Highly Enhanced Senses: The senses of overpowered vampires are extremely heightened. They have Blindsight out to 600 feet, Blindsense out to 1 mile, Highly Advanced Scent within 1 mile, Perfect Status Vision, micro vision and telescopic vision up to distance of 8 miles.
- Blood Hunger: Overpowered vampires must consume a pint of blood per month or they become starved. Any kind of blood will satisfy them, including vampiric blood, and it doesn't need to be fresh blood. While they are starved, if a creature bleeds nearby, they must succeed in a Will save at dc 30 or to wildly attack the bleeding creature. An overpowered vampire that stays starved for two months becomes permanently fatigued, and requires two pints of blood to recover. An overpowered vampire that stays starved for four months becomes permanently exhausted, and requires four pints of blood to recover. An overpowered vampire that stays starved for a year falls into catatonic state that lasts until it been fed with blood.
- Blood Drain: Overpowered vampires can suck blood from a living victim or a fresh corpse from an open wound. If there isn't one, they can make one by biting it, with or without their fangs (making a successful grapple check). If they succeed, they drain blood, dealing 2d12 hit points damage each round the pin is maintained. On each such successful attack, the overpowered vampire regains half the damage they cause. Any hit points they regain beyond their maximum hit points they gain as temporary hit points. A successful use of this ability also resets the counting of the Blood Hunger.
- Natural Attacks: Overpowered vampires have two primary claw attacks and secondary bite attack and slam attack. Their natural weapons overcome any DR except DR/-. Their natural attacks deal damage according to the following table.
Size Damage Fine 1d4 Diminutive 1d6 Tiny 1d8 Small 2d6 Medium 2d8 Large 4d6 Huge 4d8 Gargantuan 8d6 Colossal 8d8
- Hypnosis: Overpowered vampires can hypnotize any being with a weaker will than their own (failing on a Will save) to do whatever they say, simply by looking unto their eyes. This is similar to a gaze attack, except the overpowered vampire must use a standard action, and those merely looking at them are not affected. They can commend a hypnotized creature to do anything, including killing others and even themselves, and their control lasts until they wish to end it (though a command to perform a clearly suicidal action grants them another Will save to break free from the effect). However, they have to verbally command whomever they hypnotized. While someone is under their control, they can alter and/or erase any of their extant memories, and/or implant new, fake memories. The ability has a range of 60 feet.
- Shapeshifting: Overpowered vampires can assume at will the form of every creature that is lesser than a demigod. While in an alternate form, overpowered vampires lose their own natural attacks, but acquire the natural weapons and extraordinary special attacks of their new form, and retain their own supernatural abilities and ability scores. They can shift from one form to another without having to revert to their original form. They can also change their physical qualities (hair color/texture, skin color, gender etc.), grating them a +20 bonus on Disguise checks.
- Mist Form: Overpowered vampires can take at will a gaseous form similar to compressed mist. In this form they keep their flight speed become immune to all conventional damage and have exact control over their structure (gain reach 20 feet, can hold/push numerous objects/beings at the same time and can pass through small holes, narrow openings, mere cracks and etc.). If they are attacked by a magical, semi-magical or psionic harmful area effect, they must succeed in a Will save at DC equal to 20 + the caster/manifester level of the effect or they will receive half damage from the said harmful effect and, if they had failed in at least 10 points, will revert to their original form.
- Advanced Immortality: Overpowered vampires can die only by decapitation by an epic adamantine magical antì-vampiric blade. That is not necessarily permanent, though; the overpowered vampire will be revived in full health if the head would be attached by someone else. Also, the head, while not truly remain animated, will reattach itself in a few minutes if it won't be kept away from the body. The only way to permanently kill them is to completely destroy their body (good luck with that- it still have all its immunities). They never tire, and do not require sustenance (but blood), rest or oxygen, although can sleep and breathe, if desire so.
- Advanced Immunity: Overpowered vampires are absolutely immune to any common Vampiric weakness, as well as energy/ability drain/damage, transmutation, mental effects, all elements and holy/unholy damage.
- Advanced Telekinesis: Greater telekinesis, spell-like ability, at will, caster level 20.
- Control Weather: Control weather, spell like ability, at will, caster level 20. Change in weather occurs in 1d4 minutes.
- Turning: Overpowered vampires can turn humanoids or monstrous humanoids into overpowered vampires by biting them and inject their venom into their body. The transformation is highly painful, though also very quick; it takes only 10d4 rounds.
- Enhanced Immune System: Overpowered vampires are immune to all diseases including supernatural and magical diseases.
- Superlative Strength: While the strength of overpowered vampires is mostly metaphysical, their inhumanly dense muscles and bones considerably boost it up; they acquire a +10 bonus on any Strength-based check they make.
- Enhanced Brain Activity: Overpowered vampires possess an enhanced brain activity, which allows them to act and process information much faster than humanly possible. They gain a +20 bonus to Initiative and 20 times skill points per level than they should by their class, and can act twice per round. They also have perfect photographic memory.
- +20 racial bonus on Athletics, Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks and a +10 racial bonus on Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Nature), and Knowledge (Religion) checks.
- Gain the feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Deflect Arrows, Distant Shot, Dodge, Exceptional Deflection, Far Shot, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Improved Precise Shot, Improved Toughness, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Unarmed Strike, Iron Will, Legendary Wrestler, Lightning Reflexes, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Psychic Ability, Reflect Arrows, Snatch Arrows, Superior Initiative, Supreme Strength, and Two-Weapon Fighting, even if the base creature isn't meets the prerequisites.
- Dominant DNA: A hybrid provides all the benefits and the abilities of both this race and the other race.
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +30
Unless noted otherwise, overpowered vampire's base race is always human.
New Ability: Regeneration
It's very hard to kill creatures who have this ability. Creatures with this ability constantly heal, like the ability fast healing, except they can't die as long as their regeneration ability is active (although they still pass out if they goes below 0 hit points). Damage that cause by some means, usually by fire, acid or some kind of material, cause the creature's regeneration to stop working for the round after the attack. In this round, the creature doesn't heal damage and can die as usual. The creature data describes the means that cause his regeneration to stop working.
Regeneration can't heal attacks that don’t deal hit point damage. Regeneration also doesn't restore hit points lost from starvation, thirst, or suffocation. Regenerating creatures can regrow lost portions of their bodies and can reattach severed limbs or body parts. Severed parts that are not reattached wither and die normally. Creature must have constitution score to have regeneration ability.
|As the basic race||+2d%||+3d%||+4d%|
|Middle Age||Old||Venerable||Ancient||Maximum Age|
|1200 years||2400 years||4000 years||8000 years||-|
Overpowered vampires get +1 to all of their physical abilities (until they reach 120) and +1 to all of their mental abilities (until they reach 160) every 200 years. They also get +100 feet to their base speed every 200 years.