Nindo (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Nindo
- 1.1 Creating a Ninja
- 1.2 Class Features
- 1.2.1 Table: The Ninja
- 1.2.2 Shadow Clones
- 1.2.3 Unarmored Strike
- 1.2.4 Unarmored Defense
- 1.2.5 Quick To Battle
- 1.2.6 Quick Reflexes
- 1.2.7 Darkvision
- 1.2.8 Extra Attack
- 1.2.9 God Speed
- 1.2.10 Extra Attack
- 1.2.11 Summoning Technique
- 1.2.12 Rapid Escape
- 1.2.13 Defence Spikes
- 1.2.14 Extra Attack
- 1.2.15 Surprise Attack
- 1.2.16 Death Overlord
- 1.2.17 Chaos Generator
- 1.2.18 Pit Lord
- 1.2.19 Ability Score Increase
- 1.2.20 Archetypes:
- 1.3 Sage Mode
- 1.4 Visual Prowess
- 1.5 Multiclassing
Ninja are secretive warriors from feudal Japan. Trained to be agile and dexterous these warriors have no problem moving around the battlefield and surprising opponents with different techniques and tricks to secure the kill. Claimed by many to be dishonourable, the Ninja follow their own code, to do their job by any means necessary. What is frowned at by others for dishonourable conduct, would be forgiven in the Ninja way if it was the only way to get the Job done.
Creating a Ninja
- Quick Build
You can make a Ninja quickly by following these suggestions. First, Dexterity should be your highest ability score, followed by Intelligence. Choose a background and then you can get the Burglars pack and a martial weapon of your choice.
As a Ninja you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Armor: Light armour
Weapons: Light weapons, finesse weapons, thrown weapons, ranged weapons
Tools: Choose 1 from, thieves tools, forgery kit, poisoners kit, or disguise kit.
Saving Throws: Dexterity and Wisdom
Skills: Choose 3 from Athletics, Acrobatics, Stealth, Sleight of Hand, Arcana, Perception, Investigation or Deception.
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
- (a) A Ninjato (Ninja Short Sword) or (b) A Rapier, or (c) a hand crossbow and 20 bolts
- (a) A Ninja's pack or (b) (Ninja Pack contains, Bedroll, Junk Pouch, Water skin, 100ft of Hemp rope, Backpack, Ninja Manual)
- Leather Armour
- Dark, hooded traveller's clothes.
|1st||+2||Shadow Clones, Quick To Battle, Unarmored Defense, Unarmored Strike|
|3rd||+2||Sage Mode Archetype and Visual Prowess Archetype|
|4th||+2||Ability Score Improvement, Bonus Action|
|8th||+3||Ability Score Improvement|
|12th||+4||Ability Score Improvement, Summoning Technique|
|16th||+5||Ability Score Improvement|
|19th||+6||Ability Score Improvement, Chaos Generator|
- At 1st level you have learned hand signs that allow you to create clones of yourself. These clones have your AC and 5 starting hit points plus the have all the same attacks and abilities as the users has. The clones can be ordered to do something or will act on their own accord but for the most part the listen to the user, If the clone is defeated you will take 1 damage for every clone that dies. At 3rd, 7th, 11th 15 and 20th level your shadow clones gain 10 additional hit point on these levels. The user are limited to 5 clones at this level, but at 8th level the user will be able to create 10 clones total at any given time.
▪Shadow clones have no range limit as to how far away they can be.
▪A shadow clone has the same AC of the character, however if the AC of the main body was effected by a spell to increase said AC, these effects do not carry over
▪A shadow clone carries a copy of the main bodies weapon, however it does not carry the magical effects over from it beside a base damage bonus.
▪When a shadow clone dissipates, the main body will receive any knowledge it has gained and remember them as if they were their own experience.
- At 1st level, your practice of Unarmored Strike gives you mastery of combat styles that use unarmed strikes and martial weapons, which are shortswords and any simple melee weapons that don’t have the two-handed or heavy property.
You gain the following benefits while you are unarmed or wielding martial weapons:
You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes and martial weapons. You can roll a d4 in place of the normal damage of your unarmed strike or monk weapon. This die changes to a d6 at level 4 and a d8 at level 8, . When you use the Attack action with an unarmed strike or a martial weapon on your turn, you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action. For example, if you take the Attack action and attack with a quarterstaff, you can also make an unarmed strike as a bonus action, assuming you haven’t already taken a bonus action this turn.
- Beginning at 1st level, while you are wearing no armor and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Wisdom modifier.
Quick To Battle
- You are quick to battle and wish to do your best to engage the enemy and deal the first blow. Your initiative modifier increases by +2.
- Once you have reached 2nd level when being attacked by an area effect, such as fire ball lets you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, and only half damage if you fail the save.
- Your eyesight is increased so at level 4 you may gain the darkvision skill if you don't have it. The range of darkvision is now 30ft.
- At level 5 you may make an extra attack when using the attack action.
- Your speed increases to allow you to make additional battle moves. At level 6 your base speed outside of combat increases by 20ft.
- At level 10 you may make an extra melee attack when using the attack action.
- As a bonus action at 12th level you will sign a blood contract between one out of the two animal groups, Mount Myōboku’s (Toads) or Ryūchi Cave (Snakes) and be able to summon one of the two. The summoned animal will help you in battle and there's not many differences between the two. They will have +2 from all of your abilities, skills, proficiencies and AC but +10 of your current hit points. The summoned animals will have 3d8 bludgeoning damage.
- At level 13 you gain the ability to rapidly escape your enemies if you sense that you are losing. If your current health is equal to or less than 20% of your maximum health you may choose to cast the invisibility spell as an action (the above version of the invisibility spell) and everyone who was currently fighting you will forget about you or your involvement in their lives for 5 minutes. If you choose to do this, you must spend at least 10 minutes getting as far away as possible from your enemies. Also, if you choose to use this action you will exit combat.
- Starting at level 14 teen you can grow spikes all over your body 5 times a day for 1 hour long. Now every time an enemy fails on an attack roll against you, they must succeed on a dexterity save against a DC of 10 or lose 2d12+5 hit points.
- At level 15 you may make an extra attack when using the attack action.
- Starting at level 17 you gain the ability to manipulate time itself to your advantage, and thus you gain enough time when attacking to make an additional attack against unaware targets. When you attack a target who is surprised of you (i.e. ambushing a target, attacking with them not noticing, etc.) you may make an extra melee attack with one of your melee weapons.
- Your knowledge of death grows, and so does your power of it. Starting at level 18, all your melee weapons with which you are proficient with will deal an additional 1d8 necrotic damage.
- As you walk this earth it erupts in chaos, and your simple gaze turns people insane. Starting at level 19, you may choose to change your alignment to chaotic. Also, during the initiative rolls phase of combat you may choose a non-legendary creature to convert into insanity. Once combat begins, that creature will become confused (see homebrew condition "Confused") for 1d6 hours.
- At level 20 you become the devil's own weapon of destruction. Now, at will, you may choose to spend an action to turn into a Pit Fiend for 1d6 minutes. While a Pit Fiend, your maximum health, wisdom, intelligence, and charisma stay the same, but everything else is now Pit Lord. You must finish a long rest before using this action again.
Ability Score Increase
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of you choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
- Your powers grow, and now you may advance yourself in the arts of power.
- Sage Mode allows users to tap into the natural force of the world, opening up new techniques to them and allowing them to power up existing ones
- Sage Boost
- Starting at level 3 You now are better at combat and get +5 to all attack, You also gain proficiency in acrobatics, athletics or insight.
- At 4th level you will be able to create a powerful sphere appears in your hands. Any creature hit by the sphere's must make a Strength saving throw or take 2d8 bludgeoning damage. At Higher Levels: The damage increases for each of its effects by 1d8 for each slot level above 4th.
- At 8th level you will be able to create an even more powerful Rasengan that appears in your hands that can be thrown up to 120ft. Any creature hit by the sphere's must make a Strength saving throw or take 4d8 bludgeoning damage. At Higher Levels: The damage increases for each of its effects by 1d8 for each slot level above 4th.
- Flying Raijin
- Starting at 13th level, you may leave a unique marks on any object, surface or person and can teleport to the marks at any time out of combat. But in combat you may teleport twice during a turn without using a action or bonus action as long as what you are teleporting to has a mark on it. After the first teleport, you may use a single action or skill that requires a standard action to perform before teleporting again you have advantage on all attack rolls at this time. This can only be used once every 30 seconds (5 rounds). After using, the energy required exhausts the user for 30 seconds (5 rounds). This condition causes disadvantage on all attack rolls, ability checks not saving throws. you may leave as many unique marks as you please and they will never disappear.
- Master of Sage Mode
- At 17th level your strength and dexterity each increase by 4. Your new maximum for those abilities is 24 and you gain resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from non-magical weapons.Also the user can you all other abilities while being in Master of Sage Mode form and will increase all attacks (10 x Dex mod)
- Your powers in the art of melee fighting grow, and your swords become ever sharper. You now attack with huge fury and no enemy will be able to oppose you ever again.
- At 3rd level your Sharingan will automatically active every time you enter combat and the user gets a +2 to their AC against any attacks they can see and your initiative will be + 5 at the start of all combat, and additional +1 for every 4 levels the user gains. you gain the ability darkvision but if you already have it you will gain access to Superior Darkvision. At this stage you gain +10 to any DC or saving throw you make.
- Susanoo (Rib Cage)
- At 4th level the user unlock the susanoo rib cage. This grants the user +3 to there AC along with any other AC boost, You have damage immunities to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
- Giant Fireball
- At 4th level each creature in a 30-foot-radius sphere must make a Dexterity save. A target takes 8d8 fire damage on a failed save, or half on a success. The fire spreads around corners and ignites flammable objects that aren't being worn or carried.
At Higher Levels: The damage increases by 1d8 for each level above 3rd.
- At 6th level you will be able to create loud powerful ball of lighting that sounds like a thousand birds,appears in your hands. Any creature hit by the sphere's must make a constitution saving throw or take 2d8 bludgeoning and lighting damage. At Higher Levels: The damage increases for each of its effects by 1d8 for each slot level above 4th.
- Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (Ameterasu)
- Starting at 8th level the wielder can create a black magical fire in a 20X20ft. radius anywhere there user can see. Any creature in the region must make a dexterity saving of DC19, on a video it takes 5d12 fire damage and an ongoing 10 fire damage at start of each turn, this can’t be removed without a the user stopping the Ameterasu or cutting off affected area. On a successful save the target takes half damage and the ongoing fire damage will be 5 at start of each turn.
- Susanoo (Half Body Skeleton)
- At 12th level the user unlock the susanoo half body skeleton. This grants the user +4 to there AC along with any other AC boost, You have damage immunities to fire, cold, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
- Prefect Susanoo
- At 17th level when you activate you're perfect Susanoo you gain a +7 to your AC on top of any other AC bonuses. You have damage immunities to poison, fire, thunder, force, cold, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing.your strength and Constitution each increase by 5. Your new maximum for those abilities is 26. Your Prefect Susanoo’s katana will deal +24 to hit, reach 30ft., one target. Hit 50(8d12+9) slashing or piercing damage. Also the user can you all other abilities while being in Perfect Susanoo form and will increase all attacks (10 x Str mod)