Kasanai (4e Paragon Path)
From D&D Wiki
Kasanai, Aspect of the Unifier
|“||Like the very roots beneath you, I am the force which binds all others; that which unifies, making the whole more than the sum of it's parts.||”|
Prerequisite: You must be an Agent of Kasaoul (Five Towers Supplement)
Kasaoul, the youngest among the powers and that which is the woods, is most often called by his title, "The Unifier", for where others may have concerns primarily for themselves, or those who sacrifice themselves for others, Kasaoul places himself in the position to bring all parts together. All are viewed as family, and this is no place for a game of favorites. After all, there is nothing so grand that can be accomplished by a lone power when compared to what can be accomplished by a group as a whole. To Kasaoul's elite, the Kasanai, synergy between themselves and their companions is of great focus; just as Kasaoul provides a lending hand to his siblings, he does so to his agents, and in turn they provide much the same to their companions, who ultimately benefit Kasaoul in a sort of perfect cycle. Kasaoul, often quiet, observant and contemplative, reflecting on the best course of action, imbues these traits on his chosen.
As an agent of Kasaoul you are the force which connects and unites the whole, you are the one to further the ideals of the whole, above the plans of the few.
Kasanai Path Features
- Nature Ward (11th Level):
- Blessed by Kasaoul, you gain Resist Acid 10 and Resist Poison 10, and all Natural Animates with the Plant keyword and Natural Beasts take a -2 penalty to their attacks rolls made against you, while allied animals and animate plants gain a +1 bonus to their attacks while they remain within burst 3 of you.
- Commanding Presence of the Forest (11th Level):
- When you walk among men, including your allies, your presence carries with it an authority uncommon as you seemingly tower over them; when you speak, others listen, not because they fear you, but they respect what it is you simply are. Whenever an ally within burst 3 of you makes an Opportunity Attack you grant them a +2 bonus to the attack and damage roll, and when any ally within that same burst expends a healing surge, you may choose one ally within 10 squares to also expend one of their healing surges.
- Verdant Surge (11th Level):
- Upon expending an action point to take an action, you move with the startling speed of a crashing tree, commanding one ally of your choosing within 10 squares of you to take one action immediately; they may expend one healing surge, At-Will, Encounter or Daily power of their choosing. Mighty Surge is a Free Action which you can take upon utilizing an action point, in addition to any other actions regularly granted by the use of an action point.
- Uproot (16th Level):
- Enemies who become complacent with their position are awed as the ground beneath them sways, massive roots ripping from the soil and entangling them; upon you or an ally succeeding in a critical hit, you immediately Restrain the target and any other enemies within burst 3 of the creature which was critically struck, and grant damage resistance equal to one half of your Constitution modifier to all allies in burst 3 of you until the end of your next turn. In order to free themselves, the Restrained creatures must succeed in a saving throw.