KIA Unit (5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
Cost: 500 gp
Speed: 15 feet
Carrying Capacity: 900 lbs.
Weight: 1,100 lbs.
Hit Points. 200
Damage Threshold 5
Crew and Passengers. 1 pilot.
The SFT Unit, is an 8' 2 mech that was built in Ayvantigah. It requires a DC 10 Wisdom save to start up every time it is used. On a failure, the mech does not function for 1 minute and the user takes 1d6 bludgeoning damage. The mech gives you advantage on checks and saves that use Strength but disadvantage on those that use Dexterity. As an action, you may make a melee attack using this mech that deals 1d12 piercing + 1d6 bludgeoning damage on a successful hit.
- Light - You can give the mecha a light which shines bright light in a 20 foot cone, and dim light for another 20 feet. It lasts up to 1 hour when shone, during which one can flash this light at a creature that is no more than 10 feet away as a bonus action. They must attempt a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw, becoming stunned, on a failure, until the end of their next turn.
- Swimming - This upgrade gives your mech a swimming speed of 10 feet.
- Jets - This upgrade allows you to use jets on the mech. As a bonus action, you may increase its speed to 50 feet until the beginning of your next turn. Using these jets on 2 or more consecutive turns forces the user to take 1d4 fire damage as the jets overheat.
- Shield Field - This upgrade gives the mech resistance against all ranged non-magic attacks as a bonus action until the end of your next turn.
- Plasma Cannon - Once every two rounds you can unleash a barrage of missiles, dealing 1d6 damage to a creature within 30 feet.
- Self Destruct - This upgrade can only be done at 9th level and requires a DC 20 Wisdom roll. As an action, the user must roll a DC 18 Dexterity (Acrobatics) check to jump out of the mech before it explodes, becoming immune to the following on a success. Everything in a 300 foot radius must attempt a DC 20 Dexterity saving throw, taking 3d10 fire damage on a fail or half as much on a success.
Each update will cost 100 gold pieces, and can only be performed by the owner of the mech or an artificer, After the mech has self destructed, it will be completely out of action for 100 days while it gets repaired.